|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Phillip around the Tern?
(b) The captain.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. Where does Phillip think Timothy is from?
(c) South America.
3. How does Grace feel about living on the island?
4. In Chapter 3, what is Phillip doing when Timothy tells him he feels the same way, but there is nothing to be gained by it?
(b) Swimming away.
5. What ship do Phillip and his mother board to leave the island?
(a) S.S. Empire Tern.
(b) S.S. Blackbird.
(c) S.S. Hato.
(d) The Queen Anne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Phillip's father feel about the prospect of the supply ships sailing again?
2. How long has Phillip's family lived on the island as the book begins?
3. When the supply ships stop sailing, what are the islanders worried about running out of?
4. In Chapter 4, when Phillip wakes up in the dark after feeling ill, what time does Timothy tell him it is?
5. How many passengers board the ship with Phillip and his mother to leave the island?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)