|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 - 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends destroyers and cruisers to protect the supply ships when they begin to sail again?
(a) German Navy.
(b) American and Dutch navies.
(c) Japanese and German Navy.
(d) American Navy.
2. What is the last name of Phillip's friend, Henrik?
(a) Van Boven.
(c) Van Lipsen.
3. Who is Grace?
(a) Phillip's sister.
(b) Henrik's mother.
(c) Phillip's mother.
(d) Phillip's teacher.
4. Why does the army officer tell Phillip and Henrik to leave the bridge?
(a) They are in torpedo range.
(b) The bridge is private property.
(c) They are creating a nuisance.
(d) They are vandalizing the bridge.
5. How long has Phillip's family lived on the island as the book begins?
(a) Four years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Phillip around the Tern?
2. What is Phillip's father's name?
3. What ship do Phillip and his mother board to leave the island?
4. What is the charge against the Chinese crewmen who refuse to sail?
5. What island does Henrik tell Phillip has been destroyed?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)