|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is Phillip doing when Timothy tells him he feels the same way, but there is nothing to be gained by it?
(a) Swimming away.
2. What does Timothy make the hut out of?
(a) Dried palm fronds.
(b) Wood cut from the palm trees.
(d) Wood from the raft.
3. What reason does Phillip give Timothy for being unable to help with the work?
(a) Phillip is blind.
(b) Phillip is too weak.
(c) Phillip doesn't want to.
(d) Work is for adults.
4. How long are Phillip and Timothy on the island before it rains for the first time?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) A month.
5. Why does Timothy think people have different colors of skin?
(a) Because some skin colors are better than others.
(b) For the same reason fish and flowers come in different colors.
(c) Because of the parts of the world they live in.
(d) Because people are all different.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what can't Phillip find on the beach?
2. At the end of Chapter 11, what is Timothy sure will change?
3. What type of ship is the S.S. Empire Tern?
4. On what island are Phillip and his parents living when the book starts?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy put on top of the hut?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)