|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Phillip react to the amount of water Timothy gives him?
(a) He understands the need to ration the water.
(b) He complains about Timothy's stinginess and demands more.
(c) He says he will be unable to drink so much.
(d) He is surprised by Timothy's generosity.
2. In Chapter 10, whom does Phillip tell Timothy his mother does not like?
(a) Black people.
(b) Rich people.
(c) Chinese people.
3. Why does Timothy warn Phillip to stay away from the edge of the raft?
(a) There are jellyfish nearby.
(b) The water is too cold.
(c) He can't swim.
(d) There are sharks in the water.
4. What appeal does Phillip make to his mother when she says she wants to leave the island?
(a) To take Henrik with them.
(b) To take his father with them.
(c) To let him stay.
(d) To get a dog when they return.
5. On what island are Phillip and his parents living when the book starts?
(a) Bikini Islands.
(c) St. Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Off of what country's coast is the island Phillip and his parents live on at the beginning of the book?
2. In Chapter 5, whom does Timothy say is bad luck?
3. Who sends destroyers and cruisers to protect the supply ships when they begin to sail again?
4. In Chapter 7, what makes Phillip believe Timothy is holding something back?
5. What does Phillip hide under his makeshift bed on the couch?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)