|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Timothy think people have different colors of skin?
(a) Because people are all different.
(b) For the same reason fish and flowers come in different colors.
(c) Because of the parts of the world they live in.
(d) Because some skin colors are better than others.
2. Why does Phillip dangle his hand over the edge of the raft?
(a) He is hot.
(b) He is bored.
(c) To catch a fish.
(d) To cool a bee sting.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Timothy do when Phillip calls him a stupid, ugly black man?
(a) Timothy slaps Phillip.
(b) Timothy cries.
(c) Timothy agrees.
(d) Timothy leaves the campsite in a huff.
4. How does Timothy suggest they can get more drinking water?
(a) They can crack open coconuts.
(b) They cannot get more drinking water.
(c) They can collect rainwater.
(d) They can filter the sea water.
5. What does Timothy tell Phillip is missing from the cay?
(d) A source of water and inhabitants.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Phillip and Timothy on the island before it rains for the first time?
2. What method do Timothy and Phillip use to mark time on the island?
3. How does Timothy know that a tempest is on the way?
4. What does Timothy tell Phillip will be the main problem with Phillip traveling to the reef on his own?
5. In Chapter 11, what does Timothy make for Phillip to help him get around?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)