|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do ships avoid the Devil's Mouth?
(a) It is enemy territory.
(b) The waters are shark-infested.
(c) There is nothing there to see.
(d) There are dangerous reefs there.
2. In Chapter 6, why does Timothy yell at Phillip?
(a) Phillip drinks all the water.
(b) Phillip becomes despondent.
(c) Phillip eats all the food.
(d) Phillip falls into the shark infested waters.
3. What does Phillip note about Timothy following his illness?
(a) He is fearful.
(b) His personality changes.
(c) He never fully regains his strength.
(d) He is stronger than ever.
4. When Timothy asks Phillip to help him write a message in the sand, what does Phillip discover?
(a) There are spiny urchins on the beach.
(b) Timothy cannot read or write.
(c) Phillip has forgotten how to spell.
(d) There is nothing to write with.
5. In Chapter 11, what can't Phillip find on the beach?
(a) The signal fire pile.
(c) The raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the rain begin to fall, signaling the beginning of the tempest?
2. In Chapter 8, after going to get langosta, why does Timothy groan?
3. What shape does Timothy say the island is?
4. Where does Phillip think Timothy is from?
5. In Chapter 3, how much water does Timothy give Phillip when he first asks for it?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)