|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the S.S. Hato to sink?
(a) It hits another ship.
(b) The engine malfunctions.
(c) It is bombed by an aircraft.
(d) It is torpedoed.
2. Where does Phillip think Timothy is from?
(d) South America.
3. When Timothy recovers from his illness, what doesn't he recall doing?
(a) Yelling at Phillip.
(b) Going down to the beach.
(c) The shipwreck.
(d) Phillip's name.
4. Why does Timothy warn Phillip to stay away from the edge of the raft?
(a) There are sharks in the water.
(b) There are jellyfish nearby.
(c) He can't swim.
(d) The water is too cold.
5. In Chapter 12, when Timothy stumbles out of the hut while ill, where does Phillip find him?
(a) By the signal fire.
(b) In the water.
(c) On the raft.
(d) By the fishing hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is Phillip doing when Timothy tells him he feels the same way, but there is nothing to be gained by it?
2. When Phillip discovers Timothy is dead, who or what comes to him?
3. In Chapter 15, why are Phillip and Timothy naked?
4. What does Timothy use to make the lean-to on the raft?
5. When Timothy first goes to explore the island, why does Phillip panic?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)