|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Dot call at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) Grandma Logan.
2. What does Birdie tell the children at the beach?
(a) The sand is full of diamonds.
(b) Fairies live behind the sand dunes.
(c) That she is a college student from Berkeley.
(d) That she is a princess from Tanzania.
3. In Chapter 10, what school does Birdie imagine she is attending?
(b) Dorchester Elementary.
(d) South Boston Junior High.
4. Where does Jim claim to have lived before?
(b) New York.
5. Why does Birdie go to the woods to urinate in Chapter 14?
(a) Because the bathroom is full of girls smoking pot.
(b) The line to the bathroom is too long.
(c) Because the toilet is broken.
(d) Because Mona is in the bathroom being sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jim, Sandy, Birdie, and Mona get lost when returning from vacation?
2. What does Birdie take from her mother's box of mementos?
3. While at a party, which character does Birdie meet in the woods?
4. Who is Alexis?
5. What do the taunting boys throw at Birdie in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Birdie finance her trip to California?
2. Why does Birdie feel betrayed by Sandy in Chapter 13?
3. What does Birdie do after Dennis' party?
4. How does Birdie attempt to find her father and Cole in Chapter 16?
5. How does Nicholas offend Birdie in Chapter 10?
6. Who is Jim?
7. Why is Birdie taunted by a group of boys in Chapter 12?
8. How does Birdie endanger her and Sandy's cover story?
9. Describe Samantha.
10. Why does Birdie imagine she is doing a school report for her old Nkrumah school?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)