|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birdie look at while she wanders the streets of town in Chapter 9?
(a) Prom dresses in store windows.
(b) Candy bars in store windows.
(c) All the white people.
(d) An African mask in a store window.
2. In Chapter 13, where do Jim, Sandy, Birdie, and Mona go on a vacation trip?
(a) New Haven.
(b) New York.
3. Who is waiting for Birdie in front of Dot's apartment at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) Deck and Cole.
(c) A Boston police officer.
(d) Jim and Sandy.
4. Which character does Dot call at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(d) Grandma Logan.
5. What does Corvette help Birdie do?
(a) Read a map.
(b) Cash a check.
(c) Find Aunt Dot's apartment.
(d) Find Deck's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why does Birdie call information in Boston?
2. What sad realization does Birdie come to at the end of Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 10, why type of report does Birdie imagine she is doing research for?
4. What does Birdie tell the police officer about her relationship with Sandy?
5. Where do Jim, Sandy, Birdie, and Mona get lost when returning from vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Birdie feel betrayed by Sandy in Chapter 13?
2. What does Birdie do after Dennis' party?
3. Why does Jim scold Birdie for lying?
4. Describe Samantha.
5. Why do the girls in New Hampshire make fun of Birdie in Chapter 9?
6. How does Birdie finance her trip to California?
7. What happens to Birdie and Sandy's relationship after Birdie moves to Boston?
8. Why is Birdie taunted by a group of boys in Chapter 12?
9. What mementos does Birdie find stashed in her mother's room?
10. How does Nicholas offend Birdie in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)