|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why do the girls in town tease Birdie?
(a) Because they think she is Jewish.
(b) Because her clothes are old and sloppy.
(c) Because she is new.
(d) She looks a bit too dark for their liking.
2. Where does Sandy meet Jim?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) In the Marsh's garden.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In a bar.
3. What does Birdie tell the police officer about her relationship with Sandy?
(a) She doesn't know Sandy.
(b) Sandy is a family friend.
(c) Sandy is one of her former teachers.
(d) Sandy is her aunt.
4. In Chapter 10, what school does Birdie imagine she is attending?
(b) South Boston Junior High.
(d) Dorchester Elementary.
5. Which language does Birdie use while praying?
(a) Black English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Sandy allow Birdie to contact Deck and Cole?
2. In Chapter 9, which character does Sandy blame for the break up of her family and her "persecution"?
3. What does Birdie look at while she wanders the streets of town in Chapter 9?
4. What do the taunting boys throw at Birdie in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 12, where does Nicholas spend his summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mementos does Birdie find stashed in her mother's room?
2. How does Ronnie Parkman help Birdie find her father?
3. How does Birdie endanger her and Sandy's cover story?
4. Why does Birdie feel betrayed by Sandy in Chapter 13?
5. Describe Samantha.
6. Describe Birdie's conversation with Samantha at Dennis' party.
7. How does Nicholas offend Birdie in Chapter 10?
8. Describe Corvette.
9. Why won't Sandy allow Birdie to try and contact Deck and Cole in Brazil?
10. Why do the girls in New Hampshire make fun of Birdie in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)