|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Birdie's fictitious father?
(a) David Bloomington.
(b) David Goldman.
(c) Bernie Bloomington.
(d) Bernie Goldman.
2. Who is Mona?
(a) The Marsh's new maid.
(b) The only dark-skinned biracial girl at school.
(c) Nicholas' new girlfriend.
(d) The leader of Birdie's new group of friends.
3. What does Birdie find in Aunt Dot's living room?
(a) The Egyptian necklace.
(b) A photograph of Deck, Cole, and Carmen.
(c) The African mask.
(d) A postcard from Deck.
4. Which god does Birdie pray to in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Sandy drop a jar of jam in the store?
(a) Redbone suddenly appears in front of her.
(b) She is shocked to see a black girl with a white mother.
(c) It slips from her trembling fingers.
(d) She is shocked to see Cole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Birdie tell the police officer about her relationship with Sandy?
2. Why is Nicholas expelled from his private school?
3. Why doesn't Birdie tell her Aunt Dot where Sandy is living?
4. How old is Nicholas in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Sandy meet Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Samantha.
2. How does Birdie attempt to find her father and Cole in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Birdie imagine she is doing a school report for her old Nkrumah school?
4. What reaction does Birdie expect her mother to have about her absence?
5. What does Birdie do after Dennis' party?
6. Describe Birdie's conversation with Samantha at Dennis' party.
7. How does Birdie finance her trip to California?
8. How does Birdie endanger her and Sandy's cover story?
9. Why do the girls in New Hampshire make fun of Birdie in Chapter 9?
10. Why is Birdie taunted by a group of boys in Chapter 12?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)