|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Cole wear at the end of Chapter 5 as she leaves Birdie a present?
(a) Her school shirt.
(b) Her mother's Egyptian necklace.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) An African turban.
2. What color does Sandy dye her hair at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Where does the Lee family go to dinner in Chapter 5?
(a) All In The Family, a Soul Food restaurant.
(b) Akiri, a Chinese restaurant.
(c) Aku-Aku, a Polynesian restaurant.
(d) Akunan, a Japanese restaurant.
4. Where does Birdie find a pamphlet on Brazil?
(a) In her box of Africanabilia.
(b) In her bag of Africana.
(c) In a convenience store.
(d) In her box of negrobilia.
5. Why can't Birdie and Cole attend the first day of public school?
(a) They are both sick with the flu.
(b) The bus can't get through due to riotous demonstrations.
(c) Sandy refuses to let the girls go to school.
(d) Boston is covered in snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cole entertain a bored Birdie at the restaurant in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Birdie go to school in Chapter 7?
3. Who gives Sandy money for her trip?
4. Who is Nicholas?
5. Which character does Birdie stay with after the dinner in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What erratic behavior does Sandy begin to display after she and Deck separate?
2. Describe Cole Lee.
3. Describe Birdie and Cole's relationship.
4. What happens in Sandy's basement after she and Deck separate?
5. Why does Sandy dye her hair copper?
6. Why does Birdie have to change her name and racial identity?
7. Describe Deck Lee.
8. Describe Sandy Lee.
9. Why does Cole give Birdie Golliwog?
10. Why do Birdie and Cole have difficulty fitting into school society at Nkrumah?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)