|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy tell Birdie to do the morning after Cole and Deck leave?
(a) Throw the doll away.
(b) Pack clothes for a short trip.
(c) Call Grandma Logan.
(d) Call Aunt Dot.
2. What fear does Sandy develop in Chapter 3?
(a) She fears Deck will leave her.
(b) She fears she is under police surveillance.
(c) She is afraid of the students living upstairs.
(d) She thinks that Birdie and Cole will get hurt at school.
3. Where does Birdie go to school in Chapter 7?
(a) South Boston Junior High.
(c) She is home schooled.
4. What does Birdie do to try and fit in with the students at her private school?
(a) She wears her hair in a thick braid and gets her ears pierced.
(b) She joins the cheerleading squad.
(c) She wears lipstick and has her hair braided into small braids.
(d) She skips school and hangs out near the park.
5. What type of mask does Sandy wear when playing with her daughters in Chapter 3?
(a) A Halloween mask.
(b) A Mardi Gras mask.
(c) An African mask.
(d) A Brazillian Carnival mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, where does Sandy suggest the family go?
2. What types of food are Sandy and Birdie used to eating?
3. Which famous author is the Lodge family related to?
4. Who is Cole Lee?
5. What is a WASP?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Birdie and Cole learn to fit into school society at Nkrumah?
2. What is in the present that Deck and Cole leave for Birdie?
3. Describe Birdie and Cole's relationship.
4. How is Birdie schooled while she and Sandy are on the road?
5. Why does Birdie grieve over her Aunt Dot's move to India?
6. Describe Sandy Lee.
7. Describe Birdie Lee.
8. What happens in Sandy's basement after she and Deck separate?
9. Why is Sandy angry that Birdie went horseback riding at night?
10. Once Sandy decides to end her transient wanderings, where do she and Birdie settle down?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)