|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Walter Marsh accuse the gardener of doing in Chapter 8?
(a) Stealing the yellow roses from their garden.
(b) Stealing corn from their garden.
(c) Leaving work early.
(d) Damaging the yellow rose bush.
2. What is the Nubian Nation?
(a) A county in Brazil.
(b) A music store that caters to African-Americans.
(c) A country of Africa.
(d) A revolutionary activist group.
3. What family heirloom does Sandy sell?
(a) Her grandmother's wedding ring.
(b) The Egyptian necklace.
(c) An antique painting.
(d) The Logan family silver.
4. Why is Deck Lee offended by the interracial couple in Chapter 3?
(a) Because they snub him.
(b) Because they are holding hands in public.
(c) Because they are diluting the black race.
(d) Because they tease him about Birdie and Cole.
5. How does Birdie describe the present she receives from Cole and Deck?
(a) As a bag of Africana.
(b) As a box of memorabilia.
(c) As a box of Africanabilia.
(d) As a box of negrobilia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What make-up ritual do Sandy and Deck typically have after an argument?
2. Where does Sandy decide to settle at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Which character does Birdie stay with after the dinner in Chapter 5?
4. What type of paper is used to wrap Birdie's gift?
5. What is the name of Birdie and Cole's secret language?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a white couple call the police on Deck when he and Birdie are alone together in the park?
2. Why is Sandy angry that Birdie went horseback riding at night?
3. Describe Sandy and Birdie's new identities.
4. Describe Cole Lee.
5. Why does Birdie grieve over her Aunt Dot's move to India?
6. How does Deck begin to view interracial couples after he and Sandy separate?
7. How do Deck and Sandy meet?
8. What is Deck's theory about ethnic restaurants?
9. What erratic behavior does Sandy begin to display after she and Deck separate?
10. What is in the present that Deck and Cole leave for Birdie?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)