|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jim?
(a) Sandy's new lover.
(b) Birdie's new boyfriend.
(c) Nicholas' father.
(d) Walter Marsh's gardener.
2. What is the name of Birdie's fictitious father?
(a) David Bloomington.
(b) Bernie Goldman.
(c) David Goldman.
(d) Bernie Bloomington.
3. Where does Jim claim to have lived before?
(c) New York.
4. What object of Samantha's is in Birdie's special box?
(a) A postcard from Boston.
(b) Samantha's necklace.
(c) One of Samantha's hairs.
(d) A photograph of Birdie and Samantha at the beach.
5. How old is Nicholas in Chapter 10?
6. In Chapter 11, why does Birdie call information in Boston?
(a) To find her father's phone number.
(b) To locate a private investigator.
(c) To find Aunt Dot's phone number.
(d) To locate the Boston Police Department.
7. What type of music does Birdie enjoy hearing while on vacation?
(a) Black Gospel.
(b) The Blues.
(c) Rap music.
8. What type of career does Birdie claim her fictitious Grandfather Goldman held?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A high school history teacher.
(d) A newspaper editor.
9. Who hosts the party that Mona and Birdie attend in Chapter 14?
(b) Mona's mother, Sheila.
(c) Mona's half-brother, Dennis.
(d) Walter and Libby Marsh.
10. What does Birdie tell the police officer about her relationship with Sandy?
(a) She doesn't know Sandy.
(b) Sandy is her aunt.
(c) Sandy is one of her former teachers.
(d) Sandy is a family friend.
11. What is Birdie doing in Chapter 10 when Nicholas visits her in the barn?
(b) Currying Mr. Pleasure.
(c) Sitting and thinking.
12. In Chapter 13, where do Jim, Sandy, Birdie, and Mona go on a vacation trip?
(a) New York.
(d) New Haven.
13. Which god does Birdie pray to in Chapter 12?
14. Why does Sandy drop a jar of jam in the store?
(a) It slips from her trembling fingers.
(b) She is shocked to see Cole.
(c) Redbone suddenly appears in front of her.
(d) She is shocked to see a black girl with a white mother.
15. What does Birdie decide to do at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Move in with Mona.
(b) Leave Sandy and try to find Deck and Cole.
(c) Move in with Nicholas.
(d) Color her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why type of report does Birdie imagine she is doing research for?
2. In Chapter 10, what school does Birdie imagine she is attending?
3. Why does Deck insult Ronnie Parkman?
4. Why doesn't Birdie tell her Aunt Dot where Sandy is living?
5. Why does Birdie go to the woods to urinate in Chapter 14?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)