|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy discover has happened to Nkrumah school in Chapter 16?
(a) It burned.
(b) It was bought by Berkeley.
(c) It is now a public school.
(d) It has closed.
2. According to Ronnie Parkman, how long do Deck and Cole stay in Brazil?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
3. Which character offers Birdie a ride home from town in Chapter 9?
(b) Nicholas Marsh.
(c) Walter Marsh.
(d) Libby Marsh.
4. In Chapter 11, why does Birdie call information in Boston?
(a) To find her father's phone number.
(b) To locate a private investigator.
(c) To locate the Boston Police Department.
(d) To find Aunt Dot's phone number.
5. Who is Taj?
(a) Aunt Dot's daughter.
(b) Aunt Dot's Pekingese.
(c) Aunt Dot's husband.
(d) Aunt Dot's son.
6. Where does Sandy decide Birdie should go in Chapter 11?
(a) To Brazil.
(b) To New York.
(c) To Boston.
(d) To school.
7. Why won't Sandy allow Birdie to contact Deck and Cole?
(a) She knows that Deck does not want to see Birdie.
(b) She is afraid the FBI will capture them.
(c) Because she is afraid of Deck.
(d) Because she wants to hurt Deck.
8. How does Nicholas offend Birdie at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) He tells her she almost looks black.
(b) He calls her mother "white trash".
(c) He tells her he would never kiss a black girl.
(d) He leaves without saying goodbye.
9. How does Birdie travel to Boston?
(a) By bus.
(b) In Nicholas' car.
(c) By hitchhiking.
(d) By plane.
10. What do Birdie and Nicholas smoke in Chapter 10?
(c) A ham.
11. What type of music does Birdie enjoy hearing while on vacation?
(a) Black Gospel.
(c) Rap music.
(d) The Blues.
12. What name is on Aunt Dot's mailbox?
13. Which other character, besides Nicholas, has Birdie made out with in the past?
14. Why is Birdie suspicious of Jim?
(a) She thinks he might be a fed in disguise.
(b) She thinks he is after their money.
(c) He never invites her to meet his parents.
(d) She is afraid he knows her real identity.
15. What does Birdie do that sparks a racial confrontation in Chapter 13?
(a) She talks to a Puerto Rican boy through the car window.
(b) She stares at a Puerto Rican boy.
(c) She sticks her tongue out at a black boy.
(d) She waves at a black boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object of Samantha's is in Birdie's special box?
2. Which character does Dot call at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. Who is Jim?
4. Where does Jim claim to have lived before?
5. In Chapter 13, where do Jim, Sandy, Birdie, and Mona go on a vacation trip?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)