|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birdie tell the police officer about her relationship with Sandy?
(a) Sandy is her aunt.
(b) She doesn't know Sandy.
(c) Sandy is one of her former teachers.
(d) Sandy is a family friend.
2. How old is Nicholas in Chapter 10?
3. What does Birdie decide to do at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Move in with Mona.
(b) Move in with Nicholas.
(c) Leave Sandy and try to find Deck and Cole.
(d) Color her hair.
4. In Chapter 12, why is Birdie taunted by the boys in town?
(a) Because they think she is black.
(b) Because they think she is Jewish.
(c) Because she dresses poorly.
(d) Because she is with Samantha.
5. What does Birdie take from her mother's box of mementos?
(a) A postcard from Aunt Dot.
(b) The Egyptian necklace.
(c) Her great grandmother's wedding ring.
(d) A photo of her father and Cole.
6. What do the taunting boys throw at Birdie in Chapter 12?
7. Why does Deck insult Ronnie Parkman?
(a) Because he thinks Ronnie is paranoid.
(b) Because Ronnie has been in jail.
(c) Because Ronnie is gay.
(d) Because Ronnie is living with a white woman.
8. Which character does Dot call at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) Grandma Logan.
9. In Chapter 13, where do Jim, Sandy, Birdie, and Mona go on a vacation trip?
(c) New York.
(d) New Haven.
10. In Chapter 10, what school does Birdie imagine she is attending?
(b) Dorchester Elementary.
(c) South Boston Junior High.
11. What does Birdie notice about her mother's hair in Chapter 14?
(a) Sandy has stopped dyeing her hair.
(b) It is very different from her own hair.
(c) It is turning gray.
(d) Sandy has cut her hair short.
12. Who is Mona?
(a) The Marsh's new maid.
(b) The leader of Birdie's new group of friends.
(c) Nicholas' new girlfriend.
(d) The only dark-skinned biracial girl at school.
13. What type of career does Birdie claim her fictitious Grandfather Goldman held?
(a) A newspaper editor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A high school history teacher.
14. How does Birdie travel to Boston?
(a) By plane.
(b) By bus.
(c) By hitchhiking.
(d) In Nicholas' car.
15. Who hosts the party that Mona and Birdie attend in Chapter 14?
(a) Walter and Libby Marsh.
(c) Mona's mother, Sheila.
(d) Mona's half-brother, Dennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Taj?
2. Which other character, besides Nicholas, has Birdie made out with in the past?
3. Why does Sandy drop a jar of jam in the store?
4. Why is Birdie suspicious of Jim?
5. What does Birdie find in Aunt Dot's living room?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)