|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 Sit and Spin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Birdie and Cole sleep?
(a) Together on the pull-out couch.
(b) Together in the basement bedroom.
(c) In separate rooms.
(d) Together in the attic bedroom.
2. Why do Birdie and Nicholas become such close friends?
(a) They are both biracial.
(b) Neither one of them really "fit-in".
(c) Both have unhappy home lives.
(d) They both love horses.
3. In the Prologue, why does Birdie feel like she is nobody?
(a) Because she is unpopular.
(b) Because no one in the family talks to her.
(c) Because she is alone.
(d) Because she is confused about her racial identity.
4. Where do Sandy and Birdie live for four years after they leave their home?
(a) Near Woodstock.
(b) In New Hampshire.
(c) In motels and communes.
(d) In Aurora, New York.
5. What object of Samantha's is in Birdie's special box?
(a) A postcard from Boston.
(b) Samantha's necklace.
(c) A photograph of Birdie and Samantha at the beach.
(d) One of Samantha's hairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Cole stay with after the dinner in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Jim?
3. What do Cole and Birdie learn from an Ebony magazine article?
4. What do the taunting boys throw at Birdie in Chapter 12?
5. Where is Aunt Dot moving to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)