|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 The Color of Underneath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nicholas?
(a) Walter and Libby Marsh's son.
(b) The gardener's son.
(c) A friend from school.
(d) One of Walter Marsh's horses.
2. What is the name of the book the Lodge family ancestor wrote?
(a) The Wonders of the Invisible World.
(b) The Raven.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
3. Who is Sandy Lee?
(a) A white mother and lawyer.
(b) A black Harvard professor.
(c) A white Brahmin mother and political activist.
(d) A white intellectual mother and writer.
4. What decision does Deck make in Chapter 1 that radically alters Birdie and Cole's lives?
(a) His daughters will go to boarding school.
(b) His daughters will no longer be home-schooled.
(c) The family will move to Canada.
(d) The family will move to Brazil.
5. What culture is Birdie forced to adopt in her teen years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group does Maria invite Birdie to be a part of?
2. Which character teases Birdie about giving the "black is beautiful" salute at school?
3. Which horse does Birdie ride in Chapter 8?
4. Which school would Deck like for his daughters to attend?
5. Why is Sandy angry at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)