|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Phenotypic Peek-a-boos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a white couple call the police while Deck is in the park with Birdie?
(a) Because they thought Deck stole their basket.
(b) Because they saw Deck hit Birdie.
(c) Because Birdie was crying and trying to run from Deck.
(d) Because they see a black man alone with a white girl.
2. Who has been using Sandy and Deck's second floor guestroom in Chapter 1?
(a) Sandy's mother.
(b) Deck's mother.
(c) Different groups of strangers.
(d) College students.
3. Why does Birdie have difficulty fitting into her new private school?
(a) She doesn't appear to be black enough.
(b) She doesn't appear to be white enough.
(c) Her clothes are old and shoddy.
(d) She is painfully shy and afraid of the other students.
4. What happens at Danny His and Her?
(a) Birdie has her hair braided.
(b) Cole has her hair braided.
(c) Cole has her hair straightened.
(d) Birdie has her hair permed.
5. What is the name of Birdie and Cole's secret language?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which offensive gift has Grandma Lodge given Cole in the past?
2. Why doesn't Sandy want Birdie to attend Deck's preferred school?
3. What strange items are placed in Sandy's basement in Chapter 4?
4. What item does Cole place in Birdie's bed in Chapter 5?
5. What does Birdie's mother discuss with her friends in the basement?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)