|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Phenotypic Peek-a-boos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange items are placed in Sandy's basement in Chapter 4?
(a) Plastic pipe and wooden boxes.
(b) Short brown packages that resemble books.
(c) Cardboard boxes full of paper.
(d) Long black packages that resemble guns.
2. Which famous author is the Lodge family related to?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Cotton Mather.
3. Why does Sandy want Birdie to change her racial identity?
(a) Because she fears the activist rebels will kidnap Birdie.
(b) Because the FBI is looking for a white woman with a black child.
(c) Because the Boston PD is looking for a white woman and white child.
(d) Because she fears the Brazillian Government might try to sell Birdie.
4. Why does Sandy believe she is about to be arrested?
(a) Because she is a feminist and a lesbian.
(b) Because she left unpaid speeding tickets in Boston.
(c) Because she has been involved in a "revolutionary" women's rights cause.
(d) Because she has been involved in a "revolutionary" racial equality cause.
5. Why doesn't Deck want to leave with Sandy?
(a) He wants to stay and teach at Berkeley.
(b) He is tired of listening to her political drivel.
(c) He wants to stay with Carmen.
(d) He does not want to leave the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cole react to her father's comments about the interracial couple in Chapter 3?
2. What does Cole's Nana teach her to appreciate when she is three?
3. Which character does Birdie compare Sandy to in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Deck Lee?
5. Where is Aunt Dot moving to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)