|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 Phenotypic Peek-a-boos.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cole and Birdie learn from an Ebony magazine article?
(a) How to wear turbans.
(b) How to braid their hair.
(c) About forced integration.
(d) Black English.
2. What surprising meal does Sandy buy Cole and Birdie in Chapter 3?
(a) Fast food burgers and fries.
(b) Pizza, chips, and soda.
(c) Calamari and Mahi-Mahi.
(d) Doritos, Cap'n Crunch, and soda.
3. What does Cole's Nana teach her to appreciate when she is three?
(a) Nat King Cole's music.
(b) Billie Holiday and the Blues.
(c) Sweetened coffee with cream.
(d) African Folk Art.
4. What is the name of Birdie and Cole's secret language?
5. Why doesn't Sandy want Birdie to attend Deck's preferred school?
(a) Birdie is too shy to attend public school.
(b) Sandy fears for Birdie's safety.
(c) Birdie is too young to live away from home.
(d) Birdie looks like a Sicilian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sandy assume in Chapter 6?
2. Why does a white couple call the police while Deck is in the park with Birdie?
3. What color does Sandy dye her hair at the end of Chapter 5?
4. Why does Sandy want Birdie to change her racial identity?
5. Which offensive gift has Grandma Lodge given Cole in the past?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)