|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Golliwog's Revenge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous author is the Lodge family related to?
(a) Mark Twain.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Cotton Mather.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
2. How are Birdie and Cole similar?
(a) They look almost like identical twins.
(b) They are both daughters of a black father and a white mother.
(c) They are biracial best friends from different interracial families.
(d) They are both adopted.
3. How does Deck know the Harvard professor?
(a) He is the professor's student.
(b) He was the professor's neighbor.
(c) He is the professor's son.
(d) He worked with the professor.
4. Why does the school clerk want to assign Birdie and Cole to different public schools?
(a) She wants to place Birdie in an all-white school.
(b) The schools are overcrowded.
(c) Because Birdie looks too young to attend Junior High.
(d) For the sake of diversity.
5. What group does Maria invite Birdie to be a part of?
(a) The Chocolate Babies.
(b) The Brown Sugars.
(c) The cheerleading squad.
(d) The Sweet Mamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Deck make in Chapter 1 that radically alters Birdie and Cole's lives?
2. Who is Birdie Lee?
3. What offensive name does Carmen begin calling Birdie?
4. Where is Aunt Dot moving to in Chapter 1?
5. Whom does Birdie search for when she leaves her mother?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)