|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Golliwog's Revenge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school would Deck like for his daughters to attend?
(a) South Boston Junior High.
(b) Dorchester Elementary.
2. What happens at Danny His and Her?
(a) Birdie has her hair braided.
(b) Cole has her hair straightened.
(c) Birdie has her hair permed.
(d) Cole has her hair braided.
3. What is the name of the book the Lodge family ancestor wrote?
(a) A Tale of Two Cities.
(b) The Raven.
(c) The Wonders of the Invisible World.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
4. Which character teases Birdie about giving the "black is beautiful" salute at school?
5. What does Cole's Nana teach her to appreciate when she is three?
(a) Nat King Cole's music.
(b) African Folk Art.
(c) Sweetened coffee with cream.
(d) Billie Holiday and the Blues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character confronts Birdie on the playground?
2. Why are Cole and Birdie separated for a week in Chapter 4?
3. What does Redbone show Birdie at her Aunt Dot's farewell party?
4. What strange items are placed in Sandy's basement in Chapter 4?
5. Why do Cole and her father leave America?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)