|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Golliwog's Revenge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cole's Nana teach her to appreciate when she is three?
(a) Billie Holiday and the Blues.
(b) Nat King Cole's music.
(c) Sweetened coffee with cream.
(d) African Folk Art.
2. Who is Carmen?
(a) Birdie's best friend in Boston.
(b) Cole's new teacher.
(c) Grandma Logan's maid.
(d) Deck's new girlfriend.
3. What offensive name does Carmen begin calling Birdie?
4. How does Deck know the Harvard professor?
(a) He was the professor's neighbor.
(b) He worked with the professor.
(c) He is the professor's student.
(d) He is the professor's son.
5. Which character teases Birdie about giving the "black is beautiful" salute at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aunt Dot moving to in Chapter 1?
2. Which offensive gift has Grandma Lodge given Cole in the past?
3. Which character confronts Birdie on the playground?
4. What does Birdie do to try and fit in with the students at her private school?
5. What type of mask does Sandy wear when playing with her daughters in Chapter 3?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)