|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 Same Difference.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cole and Birdie learn from an Ebony magazine article?
(a) How to wear turbans.
(b) About forced integration.
(c) Black English.
(d) How to braid their hair.
2. What make-up ritual do Sandy and Deck typically have after an argument?
(a) Pizza, screwdrivers, and Nat King Cole.
(b) Gin and tonic and a game of cards.
(c) A bottle of red wine, a carton of noodles, and Al Green music.
(d) Slow dancing to Barry White, a bottle of vodka, and chips.
3. Why doesn't Sandy want Birdie to attend Deck's preferred school?
(a) Birdie is too shy to attend public school.
(b) Sandy fears for Birdie's safety.
(c) Birdie looks like a Sicilian.
(d) Birdie is too young to live away from home.
4. Why can't Birdie and Cole attend the first day of public school?
(a) The bus can't get through due to riotous demonstrations.
(b) Boston is covered in snow.
(c) They are both sick with the flu.
(d) Sandy refuses to let the girls go to school.
5. How are Birdie and Cole different?
(a) They live in different parts of the country.
(b) Cole is shy while Birdie is bold.
(c) They have different skin colors, so people treat them differently.
(d) They have different tastes in music and clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What culture is Birdie forced to adopt in her teen years?
2. Where in the encyclopedia is the snapshot placed?
3. Which school would Deck like for his daughters to attend?
4. Why do Cole and her father leave America?
5. Who is Birdie Lee?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)