|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 Same Difference.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cole and her father run to?
2. Why does the school clerk want to assign Birdie and Cole to different public schools?
(a) She wants to place Birdie in an all-white school.
(b) For the sake of diversity.
(c) The schools are overcrowded.
(d) Because Birdie looks too young to attend Junior High.
3. What is the name of Birdie and Cole's secret language?
4. In the Prologue, why does Birdie feel like she is nobody?
(a) Because no one in the family talks to her.
(b) Because she is unpopular.
(c) Because she is alone.
(d) Because she is confused about her racial identity.
5. Why does a white couple call the police while Deck is in the park with Birdie?
(a) Because they see a black man alone with a white girl.
(b) Because they saw Deck hit Birdie.
(c) Because they thought Deck stole their basket.
(d) Because Birdie was crying and trying to run from Deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Sandy and Deck meet?
2. How are Birdie and Cole different?
3. Who is Cole Lee?
4. Which character does Birdie stay with during her teen years?
5. Why do Cole and her father leave America?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)