|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15 Chocolate City.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of items are in Birdie's present?
(a) Reminders of her childhood.
(b) Childhood toys and drawings.
(c) Photos of Deck, Cole, and Birdie.
(d) Reminders of her African-American heritage.
2. Where does Sandy decide Birdie should go in Chapter 11?
(a) To school.
(b) To Brazil.
(c) To New York.
(d) To Boston.
3. How does Carmen treat Birdie after they meet in person?
(a) She is cool and reserved.
(b) She is friendly and fixes Birdie's hair.
(c) She accuses Birdie of lying.
(d) She is rude and makes cutting remarks about Deck.
4. Which famous author is the Lodge family related to?
(a) Cotton Mather.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. Which offensive gift has Grandma Lodge given Cole in the past?
(a) A lawn jockey.
(b) A gift certificate to a salon that caters to white customers.
(c) The book, "Little Women".
(d) The black stereotype doll, Mr. Golliwog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of career does Birdie claim her fictitious Grandfather Goldman held?
2. In Chapter 9, which character does Sandy blame for the break up of her family and her "persecution"?
3. How does Sandy earn money once her funds run out?
4. What is the name of Birdie's fictitious father?
5. When do Sandy and Deck meet?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)