|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Disintegration of Funk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Birdie and Cole sleep?
(a) Together in the basement bedroom.
(b) Together in the attic bedroom.
(c) Together on the pull-out couch.
(d) In separate rooms.
2. How much older than Birdie is Cole?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. How does Carmen treat Cole?
(a) She ignores Cole completely.
(b) She is friendly and fixes Cole's hair.
(c) She is kind and teaches Cole how to drive.
(d) She is rude and makes cutting remarks about Deck.
4. Why does Birdie have difficulty fitting into her new private school?
(a) She is painfully shy and afraid of the other students.
(b) Her clothes are old and shoddy.
(c) She doesn't appear to be black enough.
(d) She doesn't appear to be white enough.
5. When do Sandy and Deck meet?
(a) January of 1963.
(b) January of 1953.
(c) January of 1983.
(d) January of 1973.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carmen treat Birdie after they meet in person?
2. What does the snapshot stuck in the encyclopedia show?
3. Why is Deck Lee offended by the interracial couple in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 5, where does Sandy suggest the family go?
5. What is the name of Birdie and Cole's secret language?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)