|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 Disintegration of Funk.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which school would Deck like for his daughters to attend?
(b) Dorchester Elementary.
(c) South Boston Junior High.
2. Why does a white couple call the police while Deck is in the park with Birdie?
(a) Because they see a black man alone with a white girl.
(b) Because they saw Deck hit Birdie.
(c) Because they thought Deck stole their basket.
(d) Because Birdie was crying and trying to run from Deck.
3. What does Cole's Nana teach her to appreciate when she is three?
(a) African Folk Art.
(b) Sweetened coffee with cream.
(c) Billie Holiday and the Blues.
(d) Nat King Cole's music.
4. What surprising meal does Sandy buy Cole and Birdie in Chapter 3?
(a) Calamari and Mahi-Mahi.
(b) Doritos, Cap'n Crunch, and soda.
(c) Fast food burgers and fries.
(d) Pizza, chips, and soda.
5. What is the name of Birdie and Cole's secret language?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, where does Sandy suggest the family go?
2. How does Cole entertain a bored Birdie at the restaurant in Chapter 5?
3. What does Redbone show Birdie at her Aunt Dot's farewell party?
4. Where in the encyclopedia is the snapshot placed?
5. What group does Maria invite Birdie to be a part of?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)