|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 Tintin in the Congo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which offensive gift has Grandma Lodge given Cole in the past?
(a) A lawn jockey.
(b) The book, "Little Women".
(c) A gift certificate to a salon that caters to white customers.
(d) The black stereotype doll, Mr. Golliwog.
2. How does Carmen treat Birdie when they speak on the phone?
(a) She is rude and makes cutting remarks about Deck.
(b) She is stiff and formal.
(c) She accuses Birdie of lying.
(d) She is friendly.
3. Where in the encyclopedia is the snapshot placed?
(a) It marks the page that describes the three main racial categories.
(b) It marks the page that describes West African gods.
(c) It marks the page that describes the culture of Brazil.
(d) It marks the page that describes Africa's geography.
4. Why are Cole and Birdie separated for a week in Chapter 4?
(a) A snowstorm has shut down Boston.
(b) Cole goes to boarding school for a week.
(c) Sandy takes Birdie to visit Grandma Logan.
(d) Sandy sends Cole to Grandma Logan's house.
5. Which horse does Birdie ride in Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a WASP?
2. What happens at Danny His and Her?
3. How old is Nicholas in Chapter 10?
4. When do Sandy and Deck meet?
5. In Chapter 10, why type of report does Birdie imagine she is doing research for?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)