|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 Tintin in the Congo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character teases Birdie about giving the "black is beautiful" salute at school?
2. What does Birdie miss listening to in Chapter 8?
(a) Billie Holiday and the Blues.
(b) Her sister's voice.
(c) The sounds of the city.
(d) Black music like Barry White.
3. What strange items are placed in Sandy's basement in Chapter 4?
(a) Plastic pipe and wooden boxes.
(b) Long black packages that resemble guns.
(c) Cardboard boxes full of paper.
(d) Short brown packages that resemble books.
4. What does Nicholas claim to have done in Amsterdam?
(a) Sleep with a prostitute.
(b) Stolen a bicycle.
(c) Seen a transvestite.
(d) Drank beer.
5. Why do Birdie and Nicholas become such close friends?
(a) They both love horses.
(b) They are both biracial.
(c) Both have unhappy home lives.
(d) Neither one of them really "fit-in".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the snapshot stuck in the encyclopedia show?
2. What is the Nubian Nation?
3. In Chapter 8, why does Nicholas go outside his home one night?
4. Which famous author is the Lodge family related to?
5. What types of items are in Birdie's present?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)