|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 Tintin in the Congo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of items are in Birdie's present?
(a) Childhood toys and drawings.
(b) Reminders of her childhood.
(c) Photos of Deck, Cole, and Birdie.
(d) Reminders of her African-American heritage.
2. What type of career does Sandy claim Grandfather Goldman held?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A newspaper editor.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A high school history teacher.
3. How does Carmen treat Cole?
(a) She is rude and makes cutting remarks about Deck.
(b) She is kind and teaches Cole how to drive.
(c) She ignores Cole completely.
(d) She is friendly and fixes Cole's hair.
4. Which famous author is the Lodge family related to?
(a) Cotton Mather.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
5. In Chapter 10, what school does Birdie imagine she is attending?
(c) Dorchester Elementary.
(d) South Boston Junior High.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Birdie describe the present she receives from Cole and Deck?
2. What type of career does Birdie claim her fictitious Grandfather Goldman held?
3. Why can't Birdie and Cole attend the first day of public school?
4. How does Carmen treat Birdie after they meet in person?
5. Why does a white couple call the police while Deck is in the park with Birdie?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)