|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Brown and the Pink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birdie notice about her mother's hair in Chapter 14?
(a) It is turning gray.
(b) Sandy has cut her hair short.
(c) Sandy has stopped dyeing her hair.
(d) It is very different from her own hair.
2. Where does Sandy meet Jim?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In a grocery store.
(d) In the Marsh's garden.
3. What strange items are placed in Sandy's basement in Chapter 4?
(a) Cardboard boxes full of paper.
(b) Plastic pipe and wooden boxes.
(c) Long black packages that resemble guns.
(d) Short brown packages that resemble books.
4. How does Carmen treat Cole?
(a) She ignores Cole completely.
(b) She is kind and teaches Cole how to drive.
(c) She is rude and makes cutting remarks about Deck.
(d) She is friendly and fixes Cole's hair.
5. Why won't Sandy allow Birdie to contact Deck and Cole?
(a) She is afraid the FBI will capture them.
(b) She knows that Deck does not want to see Birdie.
(c) Because she is afraid of Deck.
(d) Because she wants to hurt Deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book the Lodge family ancestor wrote?
2. How does Carmen treat Birdie after they meet in person?
3. In Chapter 9, which character does Sandy blame for the break up of her family and her "persecution"?
4. Which character confronts Birdie on the playground?
5. What offensive name does Carmen begin calling Birdie?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)