|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Brown and the Pink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carmen treat Cole?
(a) She ignores Cole completely.
(b) She is rude and makes cutting remarks about Deck.
(c) She is kind and teaches Cole how to drive.
(d) She is friendly and fixes Cole's hair.
2. In Chapter 9, why do the girls in town tease Birdie?
(a) Because she is new.
(b) Because her clothes are old and sloppy.
(c) She looks a bit too dark for their liking.
(d) Because they think she is Jewish.
3. Who is Alexis?
(a) Birdie's best friend from Aurora.
(b) The Marsh's maid.
(c) Birdie's first friend in New Hampshire.
(d) Nicholas' girlfriend.
4. Where does Sandy meet Jim?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a grocery store.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the Marsh's garden.
5. Why is Nicholas expelled from his private school?
(a) For having an affair with his English teacher.
(b) For stealing from the school office.
(c) For cheating.
(d) For mooning the headmistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts the party that Mona and Birdie attend in Chapter 14?
2. What does Birdie look at while she wanders the streets of town in Chapter 9?
3. What does Birdie tell the children at the beach?
4. Which famous author is the Lodge family related to?
5. Why won't Sandy allow Birdie to contact Deck and Cole?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)