|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Brown and the Pink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birdie decide to do at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Leave Sandy and try to find Deck and Cole.
(b) Move in with Nicholas.
(c) Move in with Mona.
(d) Color her hair.
2. How does Carmen treat Cole?
(a) She ignores Cole completely.
(b) She is friendly and fixes Cole's hair.
(c) She is rude and makes cutting remarks about Deck.
(d) She is kind and teaches Cole how to drive.
3. What does Birdie notice about her mother's hair in Chapter 14?
(a) It is turning gray.
(b) Sandy has cut her hair short.
(c) It is very different from her own hair.
(d) Sandy has stopped dyeing her hair.
4. Who is Alexis?
(a) Birdie's first friend in New Hampshire.
(b) Birdie's best friend from Aurora.
(c) Nicholas' girlfriend.
(d) The Marsh's maid.
5. What does Birdie look at while she wanders the streets of town in Chapter 9?
(a) An African mask in a store window.
(b) Prom dresses in store windows.
(c) All the white people.
(d) Candy bars in store windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at a party, which character does Birdie meet in the woods?
2. Which character confronts Birdie on the playground?
3. Which offensive gift has Grandma Lodge given Cole in the past?
4. Why won't Sandy allow Birdie to contact Deck and Cole?
5. Where does Sandy meet Jim?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)