|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The Brown and the Pink.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at a party, which character does Birdie meet in the woods?
2. What does Birdie decide to do at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Move in with Mona.
(b) Move in with Nicholas.
(c) Color her hair.
(d) Leave Sandy and try to find Deck and Cole.
3. What does Birdie look at while she wanders the streets of town in Chapter 9?
(a) Prom dresses in store windows.
(b) An African mask in a store window.
(c) Candy bars in store windows.
(d) All the white people.
4. Which offensive gift has Grandma Lodge given Cole in the past?
(a) A lawn jockey.
(b) The black stereotype doll, Mr. Golliwog.
(c) A gift certificate to a salon that caters to white customers.
(d) The book, "Little Women".
5. Why is Nicholas expelled from his private school?
(a) For having an affair with his English teacher.
(b) For cheating.
(c) For mooning the headmistress.
(d) For stealing from the school office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book the Lodge family ancestor wrote?
2. In Chapter 9, which character does Sandy blame for the break up of her family and her "persecution"?
3. Which character confronts Birdie on the playground?
4. Who is Alexis?
5. How does Carmen treat Cole?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)