|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cethern get killed?
2. Cuchulain killed Tamon because Tamon was disguised as someone else. Who?
3. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
4. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characterization of characters in literary works are often revealed to us by what they do.
(1) Choose four characters in The Cattle Raid at Cooley and give one detailed example of how their actions reveal their character, and
(2) Choose one of these characters and explain how this example have an influence on the outcome of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain in your own words the resolution of the story The Cattle Raid of Cooley. (2) What was the outcome for the following characters, describing it in two or three sentences:
Essay Topic 3
Choose either of the following:
(a) Explain and give examples that support the characterization of Cuchulain as a superhuman young man with magical qualities. Compare and contrast this with the character of Medb, as presented in the book. Why does the author present the characters this way?
(b) Cuchulain is also presented as fairly ruthless early in the book but later on we start to see his more vulnerable, human side. Compare and contrast these two sides of Cuchulain's nature, citing four examples for each.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)