Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
2. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
3. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
4. How does Cethern get killed?
5. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
A "motif" is an important idea or image that reoccurs in a literary work. Name four motifs that occur in The Battle Raid of Cooley and support each with two examples.
Point-of-view refers to the narrative voice of a literary work. What is the point-of-view in The Cattle Raid of Cooley?
(a) Give three examples that show biases the narrator has in telling the story. For example, does the narrator always support the protagonist?
(b) What is the "tone" of the narrative voice in The Cattle Raid of Cooley? Give three examples that show you support the narrative voice as being positive, negative, neutral, or all three at different times.
Hyperbole is a literary device that writers use to exaggerate characteristics or situations. It almost always appears in myths and legends.
(1) Give two examples from The Cattle Raid at Cooley that show how hyperbole is used in the characterization of Cuchulain in regards to: (a) his physical power, (b) his skills at a young age, and (c) his rage.
(2) Hyperbole is not used in describing Cuchulain's mental maturity. How is his mental maturity presented as lagging behind his physical strengths? Give two examples.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)