|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
2. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
3. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
4. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
5. Who is in love with Rochad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in your own words the resolution of the story The Cattle Raid of Cooley. (2) What was the outcome for the following characters, describing it in two or three sentences:
Essay Topic 2
The battle that ensues over Dann of Cooley is a direct result of Medb's ambition. Show (1) how this ambition ultimately leads to much loss of life among the Irish and the Ulstermen; and (2) how ambition is Medb's tragic flaw and how it relates the resolution at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 3
"Imagery" is language that is used to portray something so that we can visualize an element of a story in our mind's eye.
(1) Give at least four examples from the book where imagery is used to enhance the story;
(2) Refer to Chapter 36 for specific examples of imagery that evoke a picture of Cuchulain as he appears to the women and civilians who are traveling with the army; and (3) State why you believe strong imagery is important when a story is told with only words.
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)