|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
2. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
3. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
4. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characterization of characters in literary works are often revealed to us by what they do.
(1) Choose four characters in The Cattle Raid at Cooley and give one detailed example of how their actions reveal their character, and
(2) Choose one of these characters and explain how this example have an influence on the outcome of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Point-of-view refers to the narrative voice of a literary work. What is the point-of-view in The Cattle Raid of Cooley?
(a) Give three examples that show biases the narrator has in telling the story. For example, does the narrator always support the protagonist?
(b) What is the "tone" of the narrative voice in The Cattle Raid of Cooley? Give three examples that show you support the narrative voice as being positive, negative, neutral, or all three at different times.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in your own words the resolution of the story The Cattle Raid of Cooley. (2) What was the outcome for the following characters, describing it in two or three sentences:
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)