|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
(a) To raise arms.
(b) To lay down their arms.
(c) To leave Ireland.
(d) To join the Irish army.
2. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Tip their weapons with poison.
(b) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
(c) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(d) Kill any cow within five miles.
3. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Ten times as many.
(b) Five times as many.
(c) Twice as many.
(d) Three times as many.
4. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Shames him in front of all the men.
(b) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(c) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
(d) Ties him to a tree.
5. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
(a) Kill Medb.
(b) End the cattle raid.
(c) Kill Ailill.
(d) Give him the magical white cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
2. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
3. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
4. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
5. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)