|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(b) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(c) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(d) They fought by biting each other.
2. How many witches foretell the defeat of Ulster?
3. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
(a) Jewels on every finger and toe.
(b) Seven fingers and seven toes.
(c) Tattoos that show he is a warrior.
(d) Fur gloves and boots.
4. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He waves a red flag under his nose.
(b) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(c) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(d) He trips him with long poles.
5. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) The future of the Irish.
(b) How healthy he is.
(c) What sort of person inflicted them.
(d) How long he has to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
2. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
3. How many warriors did Menn bring with him?
4. What is Iliach's reaction to the Irish scorn?
5. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)