|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
(a) To raise arms.
(b) To join the Irish army.
(c) To lay down their arms.
(d) To leave Ireland.
2. What do the Irish men think of the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They plot to join them and fight Cuchulain.
(b) They think Cuchulain is too weak to fight these men.
(c) They want to make peace.
(d) They are disgusted with the Ulster men.
3. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(b) Kill Medb.
(c) Become a druid priest.
(d) Kill himself.
4. The Irish make progress. What is their plan?
(a) To lay down their arms.
(b) To take Laeg prisoner.
(c) To steal all the Ulster women and animals.
(d) To kill Conchobar.
5. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
(b) Made a good friend of Fergus.
(c) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(d) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
2. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
3. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
4. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
5. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)