|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) He owes Medb a favor.
(b) He has angered Medb.
(c) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
(d) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
2. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is considered a god.
(b) He is a great speaker.
(c) He is a great warrior.
(d) He is a teenager.
3. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(b) Lead the Irish army away from him.
(c) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
(d) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
4. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
(a) She trades a bag full of gold for it.
(b) Cuchulain fights the Irish and the cattle run to the Irish camp.
(c) It is given to her as a gift from the Irish man who found it.
(d) She steals it from Cuchulain's men.
5. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Hits him over the head with his shield.
(b) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
(c) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(d) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
2. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
3. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
4. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
5. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the mid-way point, how is the progress of the great battle?
2. What does Ailill's spy find out about Medb and Fergus? What does Ailill do about it?
3. How does Medb show she is a little worried about the strength of the Ulstermen?
4. Why does Forgemen die?
5. Who is Orlam and what happens to him?
6. Who was Ferchu and what did he do?
7. What choice does Cuchulain have to make in The Finding of the Bull? Which one does he choose?
8. What did Fergus and Cuchulain agree to do that they would never normally do. What was the result of this?
9. How does Cuchulain show the Irish that he is a real threat to them?
10. Cuchulain accidentally kills Ferbaeth. What was his relationship with Ferbaeth?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)