|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He can lift three times his weight.
(b) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(c) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
2. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
(a) He captures and tortures Medb's beloved dog.
(b) He makes plans to capture Medb.
(c) He kills some soldiers with his slingshot.
(d) He takes one hundred soldiers prisoner.
3. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(c) Brian Boru.
4. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(b) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(c) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(d) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
5. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) A final showdown.
(b) Carts to transport soldiers.
(c) A truce.
(d) Prisoners of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
2. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
3. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
4. Who decides to try to kill Cuchulain after the slaughter of the boy troop?
5. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the "red-shame of Menn" refer to?
2. How does the book end with both victory and defeat?
3. What happens at the impassable river the Irish army come upon?
4. What do we learn about Medb in "The Pillow Talk"?
5. What did Fergus and Cuchulain agree to do that they would never normally do. What was the result of this?
6. What promise does Cuchulain make to Luguid about his brother Larini?
7. Oengus had great fighting skills but forgot to do something. What does he forget to do?
8. Why did Setanta's name get changed?
9. What man of Ulster is angry at Cuchulain and why? What does he do?
10. Why does Cethern's lack of patience and better judgment cause his death?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)