|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She kills Fergus.
(b) She cries in grief.
(c) She surrenders and starts for home.
(d) She screams in rage.
2. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A declaration of war.
(b) A surrender.
(c) A truce.
(d) A ceasefire.
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(b) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(c) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(d) Raid Conchobar's castle.
4. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(b) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(c) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
(d) Go around the mountain on foot.
5. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) His druids cast battle spells.
(b) He has a magic slingshot.
(c) His warriors really do all the work.
(d) He has a magic spearlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
2. Who is Finnabair?
3. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
4. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
5. What does the spy find out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Fedelm and what does she tell Medb?
2. Fueled by the anger of the Slaughter of the Youths, what does Cuchulain do?
3. What does Cuchulain do in "The Decision of the Battle" and how is he feeling?
4. How does Medb anger Cuchulain by sending six druids to fight him?
5. Oengus had great fighting skills but forgot to do something. What does he forget to do?
6. How do the Irish underestimate Iliach?
7. How does Cuchulain heal Morrigan?
8. Medb decides she wants a great bull to match Ailill's. What is the outcome of this?
9. How do we know both the Irish and the Ulstermen are nervous the night before the great battle?
10. At the mid-way point, how is the progress of the great battle?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)