|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
2. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To kill only one man at a time.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(d) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(b) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She had made some excellent investments.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She was a warrior queen.
(d) She was the widow of an Irish king.
5. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Go around the mountain on foot.
(b) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(c) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(d) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
2. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
3. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
4. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
5. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Irish women react to Cuchulain in his regular clothing and hairstyle?
2. What do we learn about Medb in "The Pillow Talk"?
3. How are the charioteers from Ulster killed by the Irish?
4. Why does Cuchulain feel so guilty about the slaughter of the Youths of Ulster?
5. How does Medb anger Cuchulain by sending six druids to fight him?
6. Oengus had great fighting skills but forgot to do something. What does he forget to do?
7. How does Cuchulain feel about Fergus? Why doesn't this stop him from killing Etarcumul?
8. What does the "red-shame of Menn" refer to?
9. Cuchulain lets Medb resettle her army, but meanwhile what is happening?
10. What were the Crutti Cainbili and what happened to them?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)