Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She cries in grief.
(b) She screams in rage.
(c) She kills Fergus.
(d) She surrenders and starts for home.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(b) He stabs him with his sword.
(c) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(d) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
3. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(b) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(c) He takes them all prisoner.
(d) He makes them into slaves.
4. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(b) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(c) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
5. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(b) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(c) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(d) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
2. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
3. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
4. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
5. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promise does Cuchulain make to Luguid about his brother Larini?
2. Why does Fergus decide to talk to Medb? What does he tell Medb about what Cuchulain wants to do?
3. At the mid-way point, how is the progress of the great battle?
4. Why does Cuchulain feel so guilty about the slaughter of the Youths of Ulster?
5. How do the Irish women react to Cuchulain in his regular clothing and hairstyle?
6. What were the Crutti Cainbili and what happened to them?
7. What does Ailill's spy find out about Medb and Fergus? What does Ailill do about it?
8. Nathcrantail is killed for what he said about Cuchulain. What did he say?
9. Why is Fergus familiar with Cuchulain? What does he say about Cuchulain?
10. How does Medb show she is a little worried about the strength of the Ulstermen?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)