|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Practices his skills and stays fit.
(b) Chooses the best horse.
(c) Talks with his advisors.
(d) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
2. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) Carts to transport soldiers.
(b) A truce.
(c) A final showdown.
(d) Prisoners of war.
3. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He throws a rock at it.
(b) He traps it with a net.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He sends a cat after it.
4. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She is very nervous and afraid.
(b) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(c) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(d) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
5. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his cousin.
(b) He is his physician.
(c) He is his personal assistant.
(d) He is his foster brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
2. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
3. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
4. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
5. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we know that Ferdiad and Cuchulain were equally matched warriors?
2. Who is Fedelm and what does she tell Medb?
3. What promise does Cuchulain make to Luguid about his brother Larini?
4. Nathcrantail is killed for what he said about Cuchulain. What did he say?
5. What does the "red-shame of Menn" refer to?
6. What does Cuchulain do in "The Decision of the Battle" and how is he feeling?
7. How does Medb anger Cuchulain by sending six druids to fight him?
8. Who was Ferchu and what did he do?
9. What are some of the actions of the Ulstermen as the eve of the great battle approaches?
10. What choice does Cuchulain have to make in The Finding of the Bull? Which one does he choose?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)