|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He takes too long to make decisions.
(b) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(c) He is not physically strong.
(d) He changes his strategy too often.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
(b) He sends someone else to do it.
(c) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
(d) With poison.
3. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
4. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(b) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(c) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(d) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
5. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(b) A hundred pounds of gold.
(c) Half of her herd of cattle.
(d) Land south of the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
2. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
3. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
4. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
5. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Irish women react to Cuchulain in his regular clothing and hairstyle?
2. What promise does Cuchulain make to Luguid about his brother Larini?
3. How did Cuchulain manage to kill the gigantic Mann?
4. Describe Cuchulain's actions in "Now of the Battle".
5. How does Medb anger Cuchulain by sending six druids to fight him?
6. How does the fairy Morrigan disguise herself while Loch is battling with Cuchulain? Is she successful in stopping Cuchulain?
7. Who is Orlam and what happens to him?
8. Why is the battle at Fintan called the tooth-fight?
9. Why does Forgemen die?
10. How do Medb and Ailill want to use their daughter Finnabair for their own ends? What is the result?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)