|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He looked very tired.
(b) He looked very small and weak.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was very young.
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(d) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
3. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Go around the mountain on foot.
(b) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(c) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(d) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
4. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
(b) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
(c) Larini had once saved his life.
(d) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
5. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Eight hundred and fifty.
(b) Four hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
2. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
4. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fairy Morrigan disguise herself while Loch is battling with Cuchulain? Is she successful in stopping Cuchulain?
2. Why does Cethern's lack of patience and better judgment cause his death?
3. Fueled by the anger of the Slaughter of the Youths, what does Cuchulain do?
4. Who was Ferchu and what did he do?
5. How do the Irish women react to Cuchulain in his regular clothing and hairstyle?
6. Why does Forgemen die?
7. How does Cuchulain heal Morrigan?
8. What did Fergus and Cuchulain agree to do that they would never normally do. What was the result of this?
9. How does Cuchulain show the Irish that he is a real threat to them?
10. Why do the Irish scorn the Ulstermen in "The Misthrow at Belach Eoin"?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)