|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(b) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
(c) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
(d) He is injured and fears for his life.
2. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
(b) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(c) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
(d) Lead the Irish army away from him.
3. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(b) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(c) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(d) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
4. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Playing on a harp.
(b) Tending to her cattle.
(c) Weaving lace.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
5. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(b) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(c) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(d) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
2. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
3. Why is Finnabair killed?
4. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
5. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Donn the bull do after Medb lets him loose after the battle?
2. How does Medb show she is a little worried about the strength of the Ulstermen?
3. What causes Cuchulain to become so enraged that he cannot recognize friend from foe?
4. Who does Cuchulain kill in "The Meeting of Cuchulain and Finnabair". Why?
5. Why does Cuchulain feel so guilty about the slaughter of the Youths of Ulster?
6. Why is the battle at Fintan called the tooth-fight?
7. Even though Cuchulain is keeping his end of the bargain, Medb and Ailill break theirs. How do they do this?
8. How do we know that Ferdiad and Cuchulain were equally matched warriors?
9. Fueled by the anger of the Slaughter of the Youths, what does Cuchulain do?
10. How does the fairy Morrigan disguise herself while Loch is battling with Cuchulain? Is she successful in stopping Cuchulain?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)