|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medb do as she makes her way through Ulster?
(a) Names all the places after herself.
(b) Kills everyone she comes across.
(c) Makes the men join her army.
(d) Steals everything she can.
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Decapitates them.
(b) Marches them off to his camp.
(c) Laughs at them and rides off.
(d) Throws them into a pit.
3. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(b) To kill only one man at a time.
(c) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(d) To surrender.
4. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Dublin.
(b) At Fergus.
(c) At Cruachan.
(d) At Connacht.
5. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
(a) He is nervous that they are getting stronger.
(b) They are taunting him and it angers him.
(c) They are increasing their numbers of warriors.
(d) They are reaching his own lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Forgemen do?
2. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
4. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
5. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Cuchulain to become so enraged that he cannot recognize friend from foe?
2. How do the Irish underestimate Iliach?
3. How did Cuchulain manage to kill the gigantic Mann?
4. Fueled by the anger of the Slaughter of the Youths, what does Cuchulain do?
5. How do we know both the Irish and the Ulstermen are nervous the night before the great battle?
6. Oengus had great fighting skills but forgot to do something. What does he forget to do?
7. Cuchulain lets Medb resettle her army, but meanwhile what is happening?
8. How does Cuchulain kill the three men from macArach?
9. Medb decides she wants a great bull to match Ailill's. What is the outcome of this?
10. Why is Fergus familiar with Cuchulain? What does he say about Cuchulain?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)