|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(b) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(c) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(d) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
2. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white cow.
(b) As a white bird.
(c) As a white horse.
(d) As a white cat.
3. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(b) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(c) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(d) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
4. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Throws them into a pit.
(b) Marches them off to his camp.
(c) Decapitates them.
(d) Laughs at them and rides off.
5. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(b) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(c) Steal the Irish livestock.
(d) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
2. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
3. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
4. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Medb and Ailill want to use their daughter Finnabair for their own ends? What is the result?
2. Why is Fergus familiar with Cuchulain? What does he say about Cuchulain?
3. How does the book end with both victory and defeat?
4. Fueled by the anger of the Slaughter of the Youths, what does Cuchulain do?
5. Why do the Irish scorn the Ulstermen in "The Misthrow at Belach Eoin"?
6. Show another example of loyalty for Cuchulain as it appears in "The Combat of Calatin's Children".
7. As the battle approaches, what does Fergus see? What does he warn Ailill?
8. How does the fairy Morrigan disguise herself while Loch is battling with Cuchulain? Is she successful in stopping Cuchulain?
9. Why does Forgemen die?
10. Who is Orlam and what happens to him?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)