|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
(a) Stealing livestock from the Irish.
(b) A plot.
(c) A business.
(d) A feud.
2. How did Uala die?
(a) He drowned in the river.
(b) He fell into a ravine.
(c) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
(d) He was killed by Cuchulain.
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(b) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(c) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(d) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
4. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(b) The best way to find food for his own troops.
(c) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(d) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
5. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
(b) So they can make a plan to capture him.
(c) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(d) So they can bring in more men to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
2. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
3. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
4. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
5. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Medb anger Cuchulain by sending six druids to fight him?
2. Who is Orlam and what happens to him?
3. Why does Cethern's lack of patience and better judgment cause his death?
4. Why does Cuchulain kill Lochi? Who is she?
5. Who was Ferchu and what did he do?
6. Cuchulain kills Cyr in a very unusual way. What was it?
7. How do we know that Ferdiad and Cuchulain were equally matched warriors?
8. Fueled by the anger of the Slaughter of the Youths, what does Cuchulain do?
9. Medb decides she wants a great bull to match Ailill's. What is the outcome of this?
10. What causes Cuchulain to become so enraged that he cannot recognize friend from foe?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)