|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It protected her from evil spirits.
(b) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(c) It meant she was related to the queen.
(d) It meant she was an adult woman.
2. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
(b) He is not liked very much.
(c) He has the largest number of soldiers.
(d) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
3. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is allowed to go free.
(c) He is tied up and left on his own.
(d) He joins Cuchulain's men.
4. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) Prisoners of war.
(b) Carts to transport soldiers.
(c) A truce.
(d) A final showdown.
5. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(b) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
2. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
3. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Medb anger Cuchulain by sending six druids to fight him?
2. Cuchulain finally receives help in the form of a battle fairy. How does this fairy help him?
3. Why is Cuchulain not happy with his father's actions in The Repeated Warning of Sualtaim? What does Cuchulain have to do in the end?
4. How does the fairy Morrigan disguise herself while Loch is battling with Cuchulain? Is she successful in stopping Cuchulain?
5. How does Cuchulain feel about Fergus? Why doesn't this stop him from killing Etarcumul?
6. Show another example of loyalty for Cuchulain as it appears in "The Combat of Calatin's Children".
7. At the mid-way point, how is the progress of the great battle?
8. What does Ailill's spy find out about Medb and Fergus? What does Ailill do about it?
9. Medb decides she wants a great bull to match Ailill's. What is the outcome of this?
10. Who does Cuchulain kill on the riverbank? Why were they there?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)