|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Four hundred and fifty.
(b) Eight hundred and fifty.
(c) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
2. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) He owes Medb a favor.
(b) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
(c) He has angered Medb.
(d) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
3. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(b) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(c) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(d) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(b) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(c) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(d) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
5. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
2. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
5. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Medb decides she wants a great bull to match Ailill's. What is the outcome of this?
2. Cuchulain accidentally kills Ferbaeth. What was his relationship with Ferbaeth?
3. How do we know that Ferdiad and Cuchulain were equally matched warriors?
4. Fueled by the anger of the Slaughter of the Youths, what does Cuchulain do?
5. How does Cuchulain feel about Fergus? Why doesn't this stop him from killing Etarcumul?
6. How does Cuchulain heal Morrigan?
7. How are the charioteers from Ulster killed by the Irish?
8. Why is Cuchulain not happy with his father's actions in The Repeated Warning of Sualtaim? What does Cuchulain have to do in the end?
9. Cuchulain kills Cyr in a very unusual way. What was it?
10. What were the Crutti Cainbili and what happened to them?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)