|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(d) To kill only one man at a time.
2. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Raid Conchobar's castle.
(b) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(c) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(d) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
3. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) He owes Medb a favor.
(b) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
(c) He has angered Medb.
(d) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
4. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
(a) A feud.
(b) A business.
(c) A plot.
(d) Stealing livestock from the Irish.
5. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his physician.
(b) He is his cousin.
(c) He is his personal assistant.
(d) He is his foster brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
2. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
3. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
4. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
5. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
Short Essay Questions
1. At first, Ferdiad did not want to fight his old friend Cuchulain. What changed his mind?
2. Why does Cuchulain feel so guilty about the slaughter of the Youths of Ulster?
3. How does Cuchulain feel about Fergus? Why doesn't this stop him from killing Etarcumul?
4. What does Ailill's spy find out about Medb and Fergus? What does Ailill do about it?
5. Who is Fedelm and what does she tell Medb?
6. Why does Fergus decide to talk to Medb? What does he tell Medb about what Cuchulain wants to do?
7. How does the book end with both victory and defeat?
8. What were the Crutti Cainbili and what happened to them?
9. As the battle approaches, what does Fergus see? What does he warn Ailill?
10. Why is the battle at Fintan called the tooth-fight?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)