|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
(b) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(c) The truce is renewed with changes.
(d) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
2. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He looked very tired.
(c) He was very young.
(d) He looked very small and weak.
3. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Practices his skills and stays fit.
(b) Talks with his advisors.
(c) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
(d) Chooses the best horse.
4. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) He has angered Medb.
(b) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
(c) He owes Medb a favor.
(d) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
5. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It meant she was related to the queen.
(b) It meant she was an adult woman.
(c) It protected her from evil spirits.
(d) It showed that she was a royal maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
2. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
3. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
4. What does the spy find out?
5. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Cuchulain accidentally kills Ferbaeth. What was his relationship with Ferbaeth?
2. Nathcrantail is killed for what he said about Cuchulain. What did he say?
3. What are Medb's weak points? Give some examples.
4. Why is the battle at Fintan called the tooth-fight?
5. At first, Ferdiad did not want to fight his old friend Cuchulain. What changed his mind?
6. What man of Ulster is angry at Cuchulain and why? What does he do?
7. How does Cuchulain kill the three men from macArach?
8. Show another example of loyalty for Cuchulain as it appears in "The Combat of Calatin's Children".
9. What do we learn about Medb in "The Pillow Talk"?
10. Why does Fergus decide to talk to Medb? What does he tell Medb about what Cuchulain wants to do?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)