|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(b) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(c) He stabs him with his sword.
(d) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Hits him over the head with his shield.
(b) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
(c) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(d) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
3. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is considered a god.
(b) He is a great warrior.
(c) He is a teenager.
(d) He is a great speaker.
4. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He looked very small and weak.
(c) He was very young.
(d) He looked very tired.
5. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He throws a rock at it.
(b) With a slingshot.
(c) He sends a cat after it.
(d) He traps it with a net.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
2. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
3. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
5. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ferchu and what did he do?
2. Why does Forgemen die?
3. Cuchulain kills Cyr in a very unusual way. What was it?
4. What does Donn the bull do after Medb lets him loose after the battle?
5. Why does Cuchulain kill Lochi? Who is she?
6. How are the charioteers from Ulster killed by the Irish?
7. What man of Ulster is angry at Cuchulain and why? What does he do?
8. Why is Fergus familiar with Cuchulain? What does he say about Cuchulain?
9. Show another example of loyalty for Cuchulain as it appears in "The Combat of Calatin's Children".
10. Cuchulain accidentally kills Ferbaeth. What was his relationship with Ferbaeth?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)