Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(b) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(c) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(d) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
2. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Ailill's daughter.
(b) Medb's mother.
(c) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(d) Fergus's daughter.
3. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
(b) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(c) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(d) So they can make a plan to capture him.
4. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Eight hundred and fifty.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
(d) Four hundred and fifty.
5. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It meant she was related to the queen.
(b) It meant she was an adult woman.
(c) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(d) It protected her from evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
2. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
3. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
4. Who decides to try to kill Cuchulain after the slaughter of the boy troop?
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Cuchulain kill in "The Meeting of Cuchulain and Finnabair". Why?
2. What choice does Cuchulain have to make in The Finding of the Bull? Which one does he choose?
3. Cuchulain lets Medb resettle her army, but meanwhile what is happening?
4. At first, Ferdiad did not want to fight his old friend Cuchulain. What changed his mind?
5. What are some of the actions of the Ulstermen as the eve of the great battle approaches?
6. What does Donn the bull do after Medb lets him loose after the battle?
7. What are Medb's weak points? Give some examples.
8. Why does Cuchulain feel so guilty about the slaughter of the Youths of Ulster?
9. What do we learn about Medb in "The Pillow Talk"?
10. Nathcrantail is killed for what he said about Cuchulain. What did he say?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)