|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He is not liked very much.
(b) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
(c) He has the largest number of soldiers.
(d) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
2. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(b) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(c) Their health.
(d) Their wealth.
3. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
(a) As an old woman smoking a pipe.
(b) As an old woman mending clothes.
(c) As an old woman herding sheep.
(d) As an old woman milking a cow.
4. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By giving the man his sword.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(d) By offering him a bribe.
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(b) He can lift three times his weight.
(c) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
2. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
3. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
4. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
5. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we know that Ferdiad and Cuchulain were equally matched warriors?
2. Describe Cuchulain's actions in "Now of the Battle".
3. What does Donn the bull do after Medb lets him loose after the battle?
4. Even though Cuchulain is keeping his end of the bargain, Medb and Ailill break theirs. How do they do this?
5. Why is Cethern a good ally for Cuchulain?
6. Why does Cuchulain kill Lochi? Who is she?
7. What did Fergus and Cuchulain agree to do that they would never normally do. What was the result of this?
8. Why does Fergus decide to talk to Medb? What does he tell Medb about what Cuchulain wants to do?
9. What choice does Cuchulain have to make in The Finding of the Bull? Which one does he choose?
10. Why does Cuchulain feel so guilty about the slaughter of the Youths of Ulster?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)