|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Throws them into a pit.
(b) Decapitates them.
(c) Laughs at them and rides off.
(d) Marches them off to his camp.
2. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(b) The Druids have no fighting skills.
(c) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
(d) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
3. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(c) Their health.
(d) That Medb did not get along with her father.
4. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He takes too long to make decisions.
(b) He is not physically strong.
(c) He changes his strategy too often.
(d) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
5. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(b) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(c) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(d) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
2. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
3. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
4. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cuchulain's actions in "Now of the Battle".
2. Medb decides she wants a great bull to match Ailill's. What is the outcome of this?
3. At first, Ferdiad did not want to fight his old friend Cuchulain. What changed his mind?
4. What does Ailill's spy find out about Medb and Fergus? What does Ailill do about it?
5. What did Fergus and Cuchulain agree to do that they would never normally do. What was the result of this?
6. Who does Cuchulain kill in "The Meeting of Cuchulain and Finnabair". Why?
7. How does Medb anger Cuchulain by sending six druids to fight him?
8. Why do the Irish scorn the Ulstermen in "The Misthrow at Belach Eoin"?
9. At the mid-way point, how is the progress of the great battle?
10. Why does Cuchulain kill Lochi? Who is she?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)