|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Raid Conchobar's castle.
(b) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(c) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(d) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
2. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A ceasefire.
(b) A declaration of war.
(c) A surrender.
(d) A truce.
3. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
(a) No one can remember everything.
(b) The details are too hard to understand.
(c) The results are always the same - Cuchulain is the winner.
(d) There are only a few ways to kill a man in battle.
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(b) Steal the Irish livestock.
(c) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(d) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
5. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(b) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
(c) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
(d) He is injured and fears for his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
2. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
3. Who is Finnabair?
4. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
5. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ferchu and what did he do?
2. How are the charioteers from Ulster killed by the Irish?
3. Describe Cuchulain's actions in "Now of the Battle".
4. Why does Cuchulain kill Tamon?
5. How does Cuchulain feel about Fergus? Why doesn't this stop him from killing Etarcumul?
6. Why does Cuchulain feel so guilty about the slaughter of the Youths of Ulster?
7. Who is Orlam and what happens to him?
8. At first, Ferdiad did not want to fight his old friend Cuchulain. What changed his mind?
9. How does the fairy Morrigan disguise herself while Loch is battling with Cuchulain? Is she successful in stopping Cuchulain?
10. How does Cuchulain show the Irish that he is a real threat to them?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)