|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(b) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(c) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(d) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
2. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) He has a magic spearlet.
(b) His warriors really do all the work.
(c) His druids cast battle spells.
(d) He has a magic slingshot.
3. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(b) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(c) To surrender.
(d) To kill only one man at a time.
4. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(b) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(c) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(d) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
5. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Tending to her cattle.
(b) Weaving lace.
(c) Playing on a harp.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
2. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
3. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
5. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cuchulain show the Irish that he is a real threat to them?
2. Describe Cuchulain's actions in "Now of the Battle".
3. How does Cuchulain feel about Fergus? Why doesn't this stop him from killing Etarcumul?
4. How did Cuchulain manage to kill the gigantic Mann?
5. Even though Cuchulain is keeping his end of the bargain, Medb and Ailill break theirs. How do they do this?
6. Why does Cuchulain kill Lochi? Who is she?
7. Who was Ferchu and what did he do?
8. What does the "red-shame of Menn" refer to?
9. What do we learn about Medb in "The Pillow Talk"?
10. How do Medb and Ailill want to use their daughter Finnabair for their own ends? What is the result?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)