|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
(b) It turns ugly.
(c) It turns into a wolf.
(d) It loses its muscular strength.
2. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
(a) He is his favorite uncle.
(b) He was raised with him.
(c) He admires his courage.
(d) He is his spiritual advisor.
3. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
4. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Fergus.
(b) At Cruachan.
(c) At Dublin.
(d) At Connacht.
5. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He looked very tired.
(b) He looked very small and weak.
(c) He was very young.
(d) He was drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
2. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
3. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
4. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
5. What does Cuchulain pray for Morrigan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fergus decide to talk to Medb? What does he tell Medb about what Cuchulain wants to do?
2. Describe Cuchulain's actions in "Now of the Battle".
3. What does the "red-shame of Menn" refer to?
4. How does Cuchulain feel about Fergus? Why doesn't this stop him from killing Etarcumul?
5. Why is Cethern a good ally for Cuchulain?
6. Why is Cuchulain not happy with his father's actions in The Repeated Warning of Sualtaim? What does Cuchulain have to do in the end?
7. What are Medb's weak points? Give some examples.
8. What were the Crutti Cainbili and what happened to them?
9. How do we know both the Irish and the Ulstermen are nervous the night before the great battle?
10. Who is Fedelm and what does she tell Medb?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)