|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
2. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is allowed to go free.
(b) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is tied up and left on his own.
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(b) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(c) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(d) The best way to find food for his own troops.
4. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) He has angered Medb.
(b) He owes Medb a favor.
(c) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
(d) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
5. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Throws them into a pit.
(b) Laughs at them and rides off.
(c) Marches them off to his camp.
(d) Decapitates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
2. Why is Finnabair killed?
3. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
4. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
5. What does Cuchulain do each night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ailill's spy find out about Medb and Fergus? What does Ailill do about it?
2. What were the Crutti Cainbili and what happened to them?
3. How do the Irish underestimate Iliach?
4. How does Medb show she is a little worried about the strength of the Ulstermen?
5. Why is Cethern a good ally for Cuchulain?
6. Cuchulain kills Cyr in a very unusual way. What was it?
7. How do Medb and Ailill want to use their daughter Finnabair for their own ends? What is the result?
8. Even though Cuchulain is keeping his end of the bargain, Medb and Ailill break theirs. How do they do this?
9. Cuchulain finally receives help in the form of a battle fairy. How does this fairy help him?
10. Why did Setanta's name get changed?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)