|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(b) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(c) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(d) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
2. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white cat.
(b) As a white horse.
(c) As a white bird.
(d) As a white cow.
3. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is a great speaker.
(b) He is a great warrior.
(c) He is a teenager.
(d) He is considered a god.
4. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He takes them all prisoner.
(b) He makes them into slaves.
(c) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(d) He ignores them - they are just kids.
5. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A truce.
(b) A ceasefire.
(c) A surrender.
(d) A declaration of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
2. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
3. Who is Finnabair?
4. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
5. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Fedelm and what does she tell Medb?
2. How do we know that Ferdiad and Cuchulain were equally matched warriors?
3. Why does Forgemen die?
4. How do the Irish women react to Cuchulain in his regular clothing and hairstyle?
5. How do we know both the Irish and the Ulstermen are nervous the night before the great battle?
6. Why does Cethern's lack of patience and better judgment cause his death?
7. Cuchulain finally receives help in the form of a battle fairy. How does this fairy help him?
8. Why does Cuchulain kill Tamon?
9. What are some of the actions of the Ulstermen as the eve of the great battle approaches?
10. Why is the battle at Fintan called the tooth-fight?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)