|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
(b) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
(c) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
(d) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
2. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Kings and princes.
(c) Christian priests.
3. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
(a) Cuchulain fights the Irish and the cattle run to the Irish camp.
(b) It is given to her as a gift from the Irish man who found it.
(c) She steals it from Cuchulain's men.
(d) She trades a bag full of gold for it.
4. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
5. How did Uala die?
(a) He fell into a ravine.
(b) He drowned in the river.
(c) He was killed by Cuchulain.
(d) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
2. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
3. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
4. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
5. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the battle at Fintan called the tooth-fight?
2. Why does Cuchulain kill Lochi? Who is she?
3. Who does Cuchulain kill in "The Meeting of Cuchulain and Finnabair". Why?
4. Why did Setanta's name get changed?
5. Even though Cuchulain is keeping his end of the bargain, Medb and Ailill break theirs. How do they do this?
6. What did Fergus and Cuchulain agree to do that they would never normally do. What was the result of this?
7. Why does Fergus decide to talk to Medb? What does he tell Medb about what Cuchulain wants to do?
8. What choice does Cuchulain have to make in The Finding of the Bull? Which one does he choose?
9. What promise does Cuchulain make to Luguid about his brother Larini?
10. What happens at the impassable river the Irish army come upon?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)