|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus think what MacRoth saw in the woods is all about?
(a) Cuchulain is stronger than ever.
(b) The Irish soldiers are deserting.
(c) Ailill is richer than anyone knew.
(d) The Ulster army has scared the animals into the woods.
2. The men who fought the Irish after Menn were killed. How were they killed?
(a) With poison.
(b) With pots of boiling water.
(c) With stones.
(d) With swords.
3. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
4. What does Donn's last action put an end to?
(a) The powers of the Druids.
(b) The cattle raid of Cooley.
(c) Cattle raising in Ireland.
(d) The unity of Ireland and Ulster.
5. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(b) Ground weeds and mud.
(c) The milk of the white cow.
(d) Herbs and potions.
6. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
(a) In Connemara.
(b) On the coastal area.
(c) On the isle of Arran.
(d) In the borderlands.
7. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) Many of them were his friends and cousins.
(b) He had promised their families they wouldn't die.
(c) He had been asleep for three days and didn't protect them.
(d) He had planned to train them before battle.
8. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(b) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
(c) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
(d) Made a good friend of Fergus.
9. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
(a) End the cattle raid.
(b) Give him the magical white cow.
(c) Kill Medb.
(d) Kill Ailill.
10. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A piece of leather.
(b) A shield.
(c) A thick fur.
(d) A piece of wood.
11. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
(a) To build a huge pit to trap Irish warriors.
(b) To discuss a fighting strategy.
(c) To help Cuchulain who is very sick.
(d) To consult with the Druids.
12. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is very long.
(b) It is worn in a ponytail.
(c) It is three different colors.
(d) He is almost bald.
13. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With slingshots.
(b) With swords.
(c) With their bare hands.
(d) With bows and arrows.
14. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(b) Shames him in front of all the men.
(c) Ties him to a tree.
(d) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
15. What do the dreams of the soldiers predict?
(a) Cuchulain will die.
(b) That Ulster will be destroyed.
(c) The outcome of the great battle.
(d) The future of Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many warriors did Menn bring with him?
2. What is the result of Cuchulain's anger fit?
3. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
4. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
5. Who does Donn the bull fight?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)