|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Celtchar a leader of?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Druids.
(c) The Ulstermen.
(d) The Irish.
2. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(b) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(c) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
(d) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
3. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
4. What does "red-shame" refer to?
(c) A shield.
5. The men who fought the Irish after Menn were killed. How were they killed?
(a) With poison.
(b) With swords.
(c) With stones.
(d) With pots of boiling water.
6. How does Cuchulain destroy Ferchu and his bandits?
(a) By poisoning them.
(b) By slow torture.
(c) By driving them off a cliff.
(d) By cutting off their heads.
7. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is gigantic.
(b) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He is loud.
8. What do the dreams of the soldiers predict?
(a) The future of Ireland.
(b) That Ulster will be destroyed.
(c) Cuchulain will die.
(d) The outcome of the great battle.
9. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(b) Conchobar asks him to help.
(c) His wounds have healed.
(d) The witches tell him to.
10. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) The fairy has lost interest in battles and war.
(b) The fairy has to help someone else now.
(c) Cuchulain will get all the credit for the battle.
(d) Cuchulain has used up his three wishes.
11. Why do the Irish fighters scorn Iliach as a warrior?
(a) He is a braggart.
(b) He is stupid.
(c) He has no weapons.
(d) His horse and chariot are shabby.
12. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(b) He trips him with long poles.
(c) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(d) He waves a red flag under his nose.
13. Who comes to help Cuchulain after Catalin beats him into the ground?
14. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is worn in a ponytail.
(b) It is very long.
(c) It is three different colors.
(d) He is almost bald.
15. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(a) Herbs and potions.
(b) Ground weeds and mud.
(d) The milk of the white cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
2. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
3. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
4. The battle for Medb's daughter is called a white-fight. Why?
5. Where will Medb and Ailill say they will see Menn again?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)