|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Cuchulain's anger fit?
(a) Blood spurts from his forehead.
(b) He sees visions of the Irish army.
(c) He sticks a spike into Laeg's chest.
(d) Smoke comes out of his ears.
2. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
(a) Cormac's body.
(b) The riches of Ulster.
(c) Medb on his back.
(d) The remains of the other bull.
3. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) What sort of person inflicted them.
(b) How long he has to live.
(c) The future of the Irish.
(d) How healthy he is.
4. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
(a) He is afraid Fergus will kill him.
(b) He wants to kill Fergus on the spot.
(c) He does not want to look like a coward.
(d) He wants to surrender to Fergus.
5. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(a) Ground weeds and mud.
(c) The milk of the white cow.
(d) Herbs and potions.
6. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
(a) Ghosts of slain soldiers.
(c) Ghouls and spirits.
7. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
(a) To leave Ireland.
(b) To join the Irish army.
(c) To raise arms.
(d) To lay down their arms.
8. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
(a) March south.
(b) To take up arms.
(c) To kill Medb but not Ailill.
(d) Refuse to fight.
9. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
(a) He wants only peace.
(b) He is completely covered with wounds.
(c) He has lost his nerve.
(d) He has lost too much weight.
10. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The scouts of Eireann.
(b) The charioteers.
(c) The wizards.
(d) The huntsmen.
11. What do the Ulstermen do with the Irish female slaves?
(a) Leave them with Medb.
(b) Take them as their own slaves.
(c) Release them back to their families.
(d) Kill them.
12. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
(a) He becomes Cuchulain's top advisor.
(b) He turns traitor and joins the Irish.
(c) He is successful in twenty battles but is then killed.
(d) The Irish surround him and kill him.
13. How many witches foretell the defeat of Ulster?
14. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(b) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
(c) Kill any cow within five miles.
(d) Tip their weapons with poison.
15. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(b) Cattle guts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
2. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
3. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
4. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
5. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)