|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
2. Where will Medb and Ailill say they will see Menn again?
(a) At the great battle.
(b) In his home kingdom.
(c) At the crowning Cuchulain as their king.
(d) In heaven.
3. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
(a) The men of Ulster.
(b) The women of Ulster.
(c) The men of Ireland.
(d) The women Ireland.
4. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(b) Become a druid priest.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Medb.
5. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) His wounds have healed.
(b) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(c) Conchobar asks him to help.
(d) The witches tell him to.
6. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) The fairy has lost interest in battles and war.
(b) The fairy has to help someone else now.
(c) Cuchulain will get all the credit for the battle.
(d) Cuchulain has used up his three wishes.
7. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) She loses her will to fight.
(b) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(c) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
(d) There is no heir to the kingdom.
8. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
(a) In his normal clothes.
(b) As a Druid.
(c) In his full battle gear.
(d) In disguise as a farmer.
9. What is the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They make a whole new strategy for coming battles.
(b) They quit and go home.
(c) They get angry and kill each other.
(d) They offer to sacrifice their best warrior to the gods.
10. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
11. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
(a) The Irish surround him and kill him.
(b) He turns traitor and joins the Irish.
(c) He becomes Cuchulain's top advisor.
(d) He is successful in twenty battles but is then killed.
12. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The wizards.
(b) The charioteers.
(c) The scouts of Eireann.
(d) The huntsmen.
13. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
(a) Getting his people help Cuchulain.
(b) Capturing the white cow.
(c) Capturing Medb.
(d) Fighting the Irish.
14. Who goes to see Cuchulain after the Deer-Stalking of Amargin?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His old teacher.
(d) His priest.
15. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(b) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(c) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(d) They fought by biting each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Celtchar a leader of?
2. What did Fergus want Ailill to give him for the great battle?
3. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
4. Who does Donn the bull fight?
5. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)