Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A shield.
(c) A thick fur.
(d) A piece of leather.
2. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
(b) A team of runaway horses.
(c) The ghost of Ferdiad.
(d) A naked man.
3. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
(a) To lay down their arms.
(b) To leave Ireland.
(c) To raise arms.
(d) To join the Irish army.
4. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) He is pushed off a cliff.
(b) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(c) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
(d) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
5. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(b) He trips him with long poles.
(c) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(d) He waves a red flag under his nose.
6. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Ten times as many.
(b) Three times as many.
(c) Twice as many.
(d) Five times as many.
7. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
(b) He forgot his sword back at camp.
(c) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(d) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
8. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Kill any cow within five miles.
(b) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(c) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
(d) Tip their weapons with poison.
9. Cuchulain killed Tamon because Tamon was disguised as someone else. Who?
(a) A druid.
10. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(b) Kill Dubthach.
(c) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(d) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
11. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is gigantic.
(b) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He is loud.
12. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) The fairy has lost interest in battles and war.
(b) Cuchulain has used up his three wishes.
(c) The fairy has to help someone else now.
(d) Cuchulain will get all the credit for the battle.
13. Why does Medb stop Curoi from confronting Amargin?
(a) Because he is killing more of their men than Amargin is.
(b) Because his fighting skills are very poor.
(c) Because she loves him and wants him alive.
(d) Because he is needed for the final battle.
14. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
(a) His twenty-seven brothers.
(b) His twenty-seven sons and their sons.
(c) His twenty-seven uncles and cousins.
(d) His twenty-seven grandsons.
15. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They think he is ugly.
(b) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(c) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(d) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
2. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
3. What will Medb and Ailill not do if Menn retreats to his kingdom?
4. After eight hours of battle with shields and blades, what do Ferdiad and Cuchulain decide to do?
5. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)