|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The huntsmen.
(b) The charioteers.
(c) The scouts of Eireann.
(d) The wizards.
2. Why does Medb stop Curoi from confronting Amargin?
(a) Because he is killing more of their men than Amargin is.
(b) Because she loves him and wants him alive.
(c) Because his fighting skills are very poor.
(d) Because he is needed for the final battle.
3. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
(b) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(c) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
(d) He is pushed off a cliff.
4. The men who fought the Irish after Menn were killed. How were they killed?
(a) With pots of boiling water.
(b) With swords.
(c) With poison.
(d) With stones.
5. How does Laeg make Cuchulain feel better about not fighting?
(a) He dresses his wounds.
(b) He tells him no army could defeat them.
(c) He prepares a fantastic feast for him.
(d) He tells him he is a great battle hero.
6. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
(a) His twenty-seven uncles and cousins.
(b) His twenty-seven sons and their sons.
(c) His twenty-seven brothers.
(d) His twenty-seven grandsons.
7. Who is Fingin?
(a) Cuthulain's magic doctor.
(b) Cuchulain's cook.
(c) Cuchulain's bodyguard.
(d) Cuchulain's driver.
8. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Make it invisible.
(b) Hide it in the forest.
(c) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
(d) Destroy it.
9. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is loud.
(c) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
(d) He is gigantic.
10. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
11. Where will Medb and Ailill say they will see Menn again?
(a) In his home kingdom.
(b) At the great battle.
(c) At the crowning Cuchulain as their king.
(d) In heaven.
12. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
(b) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
(c) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(d) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
13. Who does Donn the bull fight?
(a) Fergus's bull.
(b) The Great Bull of Ulster.
(c) Cuchulain's bull.
(d) Ailill's bull.
14. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A piece of leather.
(b) A shield.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A thick fur.
15. Who is Sencha?
(a) Conchobar's general.
(b) A teller of fortunes.
(c) Cuchulain's younger brother.
(d) Fergus's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fergus want Ailill to give him for the great battle?
2. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
3. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
4. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
5. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)