|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The scouts of Eireann.
(b) The charioteers.
(c) The wizards.
(d) The huntsmen.
2. Who does Donn the bull fight?
(a) Fergus's bull.
(b) Cuchulain's bull.
(c) The Great Bull of Ulster.
(d) Ailill's bull.
3. Who goes to see Cuchulain after the Deer-Stalking of Amargin?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His priest.
(d) His old teacher.
4. Who is killed by the bulls while they fight?
5. The battle for Medb's daughter is called a white-fight. Why?
(a) It was a pure cause.
(b) No blood was shed by her loved one.
(c) No one died.
(d) It happened at dawn.
6. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Make it invisible.
(c) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
(d) Hide it in the forest.
7. Cuchulain killed Tamon because Tamon was disguised as someone else. Who?
(c) A druid.
8. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(a) The milk of the white cow.
(b) Herbs and potions.
(c) Ground weeds and mud.
9. What do the Irish men think of the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They are disgusted with the Ulster men.
(b) They want to make peace.
(c) They plot to join them and fight Cuchulain.
(d) They think Cuchulain is too weak to fight these men.
10. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
(c) Ghosts of slain soldiers.
(d) Ghouls and spirits.
11. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
(a) Hang them.
(b) Take them as slaves.
(c) Push them into a pit.
(d) Decapitate them.
12. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
(a) His twenty-seven brothers.
(b) His twenty-seven sons and their sons.
(c) His twenty-seven grandsons.
(d) His twenty-seven uncles and cousins.
13. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(b) Kill Dubthach.
(c) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(d) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
14. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
(a) He kills a thousand Ulstermen.
(b) He kills a thousand Irishmen.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is captured.
15. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(b) Shames him in front of all the men.
(c) Ties him to a tree.
(d) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
2. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
3. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
4. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
5. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)