|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
(a) That he get medical help for him.
(b) That he join him in killing Medb.
(c) That he surrender.
(d) His sword.
2. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
3. Why do the Irish fighters scorn Iliach as a warrior?
(a) His horse and chariot are shabby.
(b) He is a braggart.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He has no weapons.
4. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
(a) They capture him.
(b) They let him run.
(c) They turn with him.
(d) They kill him.
5. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The wizards.
(b) The huntsmen.
(c) The scouts of Eireann.
(d) The charioteers.
6. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
(b) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
(c) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
(d) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
7. Cuchulain killed Tamon because Tamon was disguised as someone else. Who?
(b) A druid.
8. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
(a) In his full battle gear.
(b) In his normal clothes.
(c) In disguise as a farmer.
(d) As a Druid.
9. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
(b) A naked man.
(c) The ghost of Ferdiad.
(d) A team of runaway horses.
10. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
(c) Ghouls and spirits.
(d) Ghosts of slain soldiers.
11. What is Iliach's reaction to the Irish scorn?
(a) He is scared and runs away.
(b) He makes them chase him and they fall off a cliff.
(c) He sends for his troops.
(d) He is enraged and kills them with his bare hands.
12. Who is Sencha?
(a) A teller of fortunes.
(b) Cuchulain's younger brother.
(c) Fergus's son.
(d) Conchobar's general.
13. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(b) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(c) They think he is ugly.
(d) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
14. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is loud.
(b) He is gigantic.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
15. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
(a) He kills a thousand Ulstermen.
(b) He dies.
(c) He kills a thousand Irishmen.
(d) He is captured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
2. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
3. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
4. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
5. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)