|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
(a) To lay down their arms.
(b) To join the Irish army.
(c) To leave Ireland.
(d) To raise arms.
2. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
(a) Kill Ailill.
(b) Kill Medb.
(c) Give him the magical white cow.
(d) End the cattle raid.
3. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
(a) He is afraid Fergus will kill him.
(b) He wants to surrender to Fergus.
(c) He does not want to look like a coward.
(d) He wants to kill Fergus on the spot.
4. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
(a) Decapitate them.
(b) Hang them.
(c) Take them as slaves.
(d) Push them into a pit.
5. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(b) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(c) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(d) Kill Dubthach.
6. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(b) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(c) They think he is ugly.
(d) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
7. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(b) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(c) He trips him with long poles.
(d) He waves a red flag under his nose.
8. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
(a) The riches Ailill has hidden.
(b) Soldiers hiding in caves.
(c) Cuchulain disguised as an eagle.
(d) A herd of every type of animal.
9. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
(a) To consult with the Druids.
(b) To help Cuchulain who is very sick.
(c) To build a huge pit to trap Irish warriors.
(d) To discuss a fighting strategy.
10. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
11. What do the doctors tell Cethern?
(a) That he will die from his wounds.
(b) That he should kill Cuchulain.
(c) That magically, there are no signs of wounds.
(d) That his wounds are not serious.
12. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
(a) He has lost too much weight.
(b) He has lost his nerve.
(c) He wants only peace.
(d) He is completely covered with wounds.
13. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Tip their weapons with poison.
(b) Kill any cow within five miles.
(c) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(d) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
14. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
(a) Ghosts of slain soldiers.
(b) Ghouls and spirits.
15. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is three different colors.
(b) He is almost bald.
(c) It is very long.
(d) It is worn in a ponytail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Medb and Ailill say they will see Menn again?
2. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
3. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
4. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
5. What does Donn's last action put an end to?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)