|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(b) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(c) They think he is ugly.
(d) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
2. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
(a) To build a huge pit to trap Irish warriors.
(b) To discuss a fighting strategy.
(c) To help Cuchulain who is very sick.
(d) To consult with the Druids.
3. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(b) He trips him with long poles.
(c) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(d) He waves a red flag under his nose.
4. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(b) They fought by biting each other.
(c) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(d) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
5. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
(a) Medb on his back.
(b) The riches of Ulster.
(c) The remains of the other bull.
(d) Cormac's body.
6. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
(a) He is successful in twenty battles but is then killed.
(b) He turns traitor and joins the Irish.
(c) He becomes Cuchulain's top advisor.
(d) The Irish surround him and kill him.
7. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
(b) He forgot his sword back at camp.
(c) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(d) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
8. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
9. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is gigantic.
(c) He is loud.
(d) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
10. Who goes to see Cuchulain after the Deer-Stalking of Amargin?
(a) His old teacher.
(b) His brother.
(c) His priest.
(d) His father.
11. After the death of Oengus and the Misthrow at Belach Eoin, Cuchulain seems to be surrounded by.....
(a) Women and children.
(b) Incompetent people.
(c) Druids who can't fight.
(d) The best warriors ever.
12. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(b) Kill Dubthach.
(c) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(d) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
13. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is very long.
(b) He is almost bald.
(c) It is three different colors.
(d) It is worn in a ponytail.
14. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
15. Why do the Irish fighters scorn Iliach as a warrior?
(a) He has no weapons.
(b) His horse and chariot are shabby.
(c) He is a braggart.
(d) He is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
2. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
3. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
4. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
5. Who is in love with Rochad?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)