|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Tip their weapons with poison.
(b) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(c) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
(d) Kill any cow within five miles.
2. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
(a) He does not want to look like a coward.
(b) He wants to surrender to Fergus.
(c) He is afraid Fergus will kill him.
(d) He wants to kill Fergus on the spot.
3. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
(a) Cormac's body.
(b) The riches of Ulster.
(c) Medb on his back.
(d) The remains of the other bull.
4. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
(b) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(c) He forgot his sword back at camp.
(d) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
5. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
(a) Mann is the most obnoxious person he has ever met.
(b) Fergus reminds him Mann had killed a close friend of his.
(c) Fergus reminds him of the Slaughter of the Youth.
(d) Mann called him a coward.
6. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He kills a thousand Ulstermen.
(c) He kills a thousand Irishmen.
(d) He dies.
7. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
(a) In the borderlands.
(b) On the coastal area.
(c) On the isle of Arran.
(d) In Connemara.
8. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
(a) The women Ireland.
(b) The women of Ulster.
(c) The men of Ulster.
(d) The men of Ireland.
9. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(b) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(c) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
(d) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
10. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(b) He trips him with long poles.
(c) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(d) He waves a red flag under his nose.
11. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(a) Herbs and potions.
(b) Ground weeds and mud.
(d) The milk of the white cow.
12. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
(a) His sword.
(b) That he surrender.
(c) That he join him in killing Medb.
(d) That he get medical help for him.
13. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
(a) He becomes Cuchulain's top advisor.
(b) The Irish surround him and kill him.
(c) He turns traitor and joins the Irish.
(d) He is successful in twenty battles but is then killed.
14. What do the dreams of the soldiers predict?
(a) Cuchulain will die.
(b) The outcome of the great battle.
(c) That Ulster will be destroyed.
(d) The future of Ireland.
15. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
(a) Cuchulain disguised as an eagle.
(b) Soldiers hiding in caves.
(c) The riches Ailill has hidden.
(d) A herd of every type of animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donn's last action put an end to?
2. How many warriors did Menn bring with him?
3. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
4. Where will Medb and Ailill say they will see Menn again?
5. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)