|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
(a) He wants to surrender to Fergus.
(b) He does not want to look like a coward.
(c) He is afraid Fergus will kill him.
(d) He wants to kill Fergus on the spot.
2. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
(a) Seven fingers and seven toes.
(b) Fur gloves and boots.
(c) Jewels on every finger and toe.
(d) Tattoos that show he is a warrior.
3. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
(b) Ghosts of slain soldiers.
(c) Ghouls and spirits.
4. Who is killed by the bulls while they fight?
5. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
(a) Cuchulain disguised as an eagle.
(b) A herd of every type of animal.
(c) Soldiers hiding in caves.
(d) The riches Ailill has hidden.
6. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
(a) That the Ulstermen are retreating.
(b) That he is deserting.
(c) That she should retreat.
(d) That the Ulstermen have a weak army.
7. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
(a) That he get medical help for him.
(b) That he surrender.
(c) His sword.
(d) That he join him in killing Medb.
8. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The huntsmen.
(b) The scouts of Eireann.
(c) The charioteers.
(d) The wizards.
9. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) How long he has to live.
(b) What sort of person inflicted them.
(c) How healthy he is.
(d) The future of the Irish.
10. Who comes to help Cuchulain after Catalin beats him into the ground?
11. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
12. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Make it invisible.
(b) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
(c) Hide it in the forest.
(d) Destroy it.
13. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A shield.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A thick fur.
(d) A piece of leather.
14. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(b) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
(c) Kill any cow within five miles.
(d) Tip their weapons with poison.
15. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(d) Cattle guts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
2. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
3. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
4. Who is Fingin?
5. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)