|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He trips him with long poles.
(b) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(c) He waves a red flag under his nose.
(d) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
2. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
(a) By building a road block.
(b) By throwing stones at them.
(c) By sending his trained wolves after them.
(d) By setting fire to the forest.
3. Who comes to help Cuchulain after Catalin beats him into the ground?
4. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
(a) In disguise as a farmer.
(b) In his full battle gear.
(c) In his normal clothes.
(d) As a Druid.
5. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
(a) March south.
(b) Refuse to fight.
(c) To take up arms.
(d) To kill Medb but not Ailill.
6. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
(a) He kills a thousand Ulstermen.
(b) He dies.
(c) He kills a thousand Irishmen.
(d) He is captured.
7. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
(b) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(c) She loses her will to fight.
(d) There is no heir to the kingdom.
8. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
(a) Fur gloves and boots.
(b) Tattoos that show he is a warrior.
(c) Seven fingers and seven toes.
(d) Jewels on every finger and toe.
9. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
(a) He has lost too much weight.
(b) He wants only peace.
(c) He is completely covered with wounds.
(d) He has lost his nerve.
10. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
11. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is gigantic.
(b) He is a coward.
(c) He is loud.
(d) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
12. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
13. What did Fergus want Ailill to give him for the great battle?
(a) Protection from death.
(b) The best horse.
(c) His sword back.
(d) Ten bags of gold.
14. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
(a) The riches Ailill has hidden.
(b) Soldiers hiding in caves.
(c) A herd of every type of animal.
(d) Cuchulain disguised as an eagle.
15. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Shames him in front of all the men.
(b) Ties him to a tree.
(c) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
(d) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Irish men think of the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
2. After the death of Oengus and the Misthrow at Belach Eoin, Cuchulain seems to be surrounded by.....
3. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
4. Who is Sencha?
5. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)