|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) The future of the Irish.
(b) How healthy he is.
(c) How long he has to live.
(d) What sort of person inflicted them.
2. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) Conchobar asks him to help.
(b) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(c) His wounds have healed.
(d) The witches tell him to.
3. What is the result of Cuchulain's anger fit?
(a) He sticks a spike into Laeg's chest.
(b) Blood spurts from his forehead.
(c) Smoke comes out of his ears.
(d) He sees visions of the Irish army.
4. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
(a) She steals their weapons.
(b) She speaks ill of one group to the other.
(c) She frees their slaves.
(d) She tells each side that they will lose.
5. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) She loses her will to fight.
(b) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(c) There is no heir to the kingdom.
(d) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
6. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) The fairy has to help someone else now.
(b) Cuchulain has used up his three wishes.
(c) The fairy has lost interest in battles and war.
(d) Cuchulain will get all the credit for the battle.
7. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(b) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
(c) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(d) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
8. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
(a) Take them as slaves.
(b) Decapitate them.
(c) Push them into a pit.
(d) Hang them.
9. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
(a) A herd of every type of animal.
(b) Soldiers hiding in caves.
(c) Cuchulain disguised as an eagle.
(d) The riches Ailill has hidden.
10. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They think he is ugly.
(b) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(c) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(d) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
11. Who is in love with Rochad?
(a) The witch of Cavan.
(b) The lady of the lake.
12. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
(a) By sending his trained wolves after them.
(b) By setting fire to the forest.
(c) By throwing stones at them.
(d) By building a road block.
13. What do the Irish men think of the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They are disgusted with the Ulster men.
(b) They think Cuchulain is too weak to fight these men.
(c) They want to make peace.
(d) They plot to join them and fight Cuchulain.
14. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
(a) He is successful in twenty battles but is then killed.
(b) He turns traitor and joins the Irish.
(c) He becomes Cuchulain's top advisor.
(d) The Irish surround him and kill him.
15. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Become a druid priest.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Medb.
(d) Have himself made King of Ulster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Laeg make Cuchulain feel better about not fighting?
2. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
3. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
4. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
5. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)