|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
(a) Take them as slaves.
(b) Push them into a pit.
(c) Decapitate them.
(d) Hang them.
2. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Three times as many.
(b) Twice as many.
(c) Ten times as many.
(d) Five times as many.
3. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(b) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
(c) She loses her will to fight.
(d) There is no heir to the kingdom.
4. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A shield.
(c) A thick fur.
(d) A piece of leather.
5. After eight hours of battle with shields and blades, what do Ferdiad and Cuchulain decide to do?
(a) Call in more warriors to help them.
(b) Choose another way to fight.
(c) Make a truce.
(d) To work together to defeat Medb.
6. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(b) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(c) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(d) They think he is ugly.
7. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
(b) Shames him in front of all the men.
(c) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(d) Ties him to a tree.
8. Who goes to see Cuchulain after the Deer-Stalking of Amargin?
(a) His old teacher.
(b) His priest.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
9. Who comes to help Cuchulain after Catalin beats him into the ground?
10. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
(b) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(c) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
(d) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
11. What is Iliach's reaction to the Irish scorn?
(a) He sends for his troops.
(b) He is scared and runs away.
(c) He makes them chase him and they fall off a cliff.
(d) He is enraged and kills them with his bare hands.
12. The battle for Medb's daughter is called a white-fight. Why?
(a) It happened at dawn.
(b) No blood was shed by her loved one.
(c) It was a pure cause.
(d) No one died.
13. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(a) Cattle guts.
14. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
(b) The ghost of Ferdiad.
(c) A naked man.
(d) A team of runaway horses.
15. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is gigantic.
(c) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
(d) He is loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of Oengus and the Misthrow at Belach Eoin, Cuchulain seems to be surrounded by.....
2. How many warriors did Menn bring with him?
3. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
4. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
5. Who is killed by the bulls while they fight?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)