|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(b) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
(c) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(d) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
2. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) Cuchulain will get all the credit for the battle.
(b) Cuchulain has used up his three wishes.
(c) The fairy has to help someone else now.
(d) The fairy has lost interest in battles and war.
3. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(b) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
(c) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
(d) Made a good friend of Fergus.
4. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
(b) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(c) He is pushed off a cliff.
(d) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
5. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
6. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The scouts of Eireann.
(b) The charioteers.
(c) The wizards.
(d) The huntsmen.
7. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Make it invisible.
(b) Hide it in the forest.
(c) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
(d) Destroy it.
8. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
(a) Seven fingers and seven toes.
(b) Fur gloves and boots.
(c) Jewels on every finger and toe.
(d) Tattoos that show he is a warrior.
9. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Become a druid priest.
(c) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(d) Kill Medb.
10. Why does Medb stop Curoi from confronting Amargin?
(a) Because he is killing more of their men than Amargin is.
(b) Because he is needed for the final battle.
(c) Because she loves him and wants him alive.
(d) Because his fighting skills are very poor.
11. Who comes to help Cuchulain after Catalin beats him into the ground?
12. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With their bare hands.
(b) With slingshots.
(c) With swords.
(d) With bows and arrows.
13. What is the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They make a whole new strategy for coming battles.
(b) They offer to sacrifice their best warrior to the gods.
(c) They quit and go home.
(d) They get angry and kill each other.
14. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
(a) He is completely covered with wounds.
(b) He wants only peace.
(c) He has lost his nerve.
(d) He has lost too much weight.
15. What do the Irish men think of the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They think Cuchulain is too weak to fight these men.
(b) They plot to join them and fight Cuchulain.
(c) They are disgusted with the Ulster men.
(d) They want to make peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
2. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
3. Who does Donn the bull fight?
4. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
5. How does Laeg make Cuchulain feel better about not fighting?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)