|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many witches foretell the defeat of Ulster?
2. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) The future of the Irish.
(b) What sort of person inflicted them.
(c) How long he has to live.
(d) How healthy he is.
3. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
(a) Mann called him a coward.
(b) Fergus reminds him of the Slaughter of the Youth.
(c) Fergus reminds him Mann had killed a close friend of his.
(d) Mann is the most obnoxious person he has ever met.
4. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
(a) He is afraid Fergus will kill him.
(b) He wants to surrender to Fergus.
(c) He does not want to look like a coward.
(d) He wants to kill Fergus on the spot.
5. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
(a) The women Ireland.
(b) The women of Ulster.
(c) The men of Ireland.
(d) The men of Ulster.
6. What will Medb and Ailill not do if Menn retreats to his kingdom?
(a) Harrass him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Pay him.
(d) Chase him.
7. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
(b) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
(c) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(d) He forgot his sword back at camp.
8. Who is Fingin?
(a) Cuchulain's bodyguard.
(b) Cuchulain's driver.
(c) Cuchulain's cook.
(d) Cuthulain's magic doctor.
9. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
(a) The ghost of Ferdiad.
(c) A team of runaway horses.
(d) A naked man.
10. What does "red-shame" refer to?
(b) A shield.
11. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is very long.
(b) He is almost bald.
(c) It is three different colors.
(d) It is worn in a ponytail.
12. After the death of Oengus and the Misthrow at Belach Eoin, Cuchulain seems to be surrounded by.....
(a) Incompetent people.
(b) The best warriors ever.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Druids who can't fight.
13. What is the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They get angry and kill each other.
(b) They offer to sacrifice their best warrior to the gods.
(c) They make a whole new strategy for coming battles.
(d) They quit and go home.
14. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) He had been asleep for three days and didn't protect them.
(b) He had planned to train them before battle.
(c) Many of them were his friends and cousins.
(d) He had promised their families they wouldn't die.
15. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(b) The witches tell him to.
(c) Conchobar asks him to help.
(d) His wounds have healed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
2. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
3. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
4. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
5. Who kills Iliach in the end?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)