|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) How long he has to live.
(b) What sort of person inflicted them.
(c) How healthy he is.
(d) The future of the Irish.
2. How many warriors did Menn bring with him?
3. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(d) Cattle guts.
4. What will Medb and Ailill not do if Menn retreats to his kingdom?
(a) Harrass him.
(b) Protect him.
(c) Pay him.
(d) Chase him.
5. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(b) Ground weeds and mud.
(c) The milk of the white cow.
(d) Herbs and potions.
6. Who is killed by the bulls while they fight?
7. What do the doctors tell Cethern?
(a) That he should kill Cuchulain.
(b) That his wounds are not serious.
(c) That he will die from his wounds.
(d) That magically, there are no signs of wounds.
8. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Ties him to a tree.
(b) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(c) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
(d) Shames him in front of all the men.
9. Who is Sencha?
(a) Fergus's son.
(b) A teller of fortunes.
(c) Conchobar's general.
(d) Cuchulain's younger brother.
10. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
(a) She frees their slaves.
(b) She speaks ill of one group to the other.
(c) She steals their weapons.
(d) She tells each side that they will lose.
11. After the death of Oengus and the Misthrow at Belach Eoin, Cuchulain seems to be surrounded by.....
(a) Druids who can't fight.
(b) Incompetent people.
(c) Women and children.
(d) The best warriors ever.
12. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
(a) That he get medical help for him.
(b) That he join him in killing Medb.
(c) That he surrender.
(d) His sword.
13. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) He is pushed off a cliff.
(b) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
(c) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(d) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
14. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) He had promised their families they wouldn't die.
(b) He had planned to train them before battle.
(c) He had been asleep for three days and didn't protect them.
(d) Many of them were his friends and cousins.
15. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(b) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
(c) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
(d) Made a good friend of Fergus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
2. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
3. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
4. The Irish make progress. What is their plan?
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)