|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With slingshots.
(b) With their bare hands.
(c) With swords.
(d) With bows and arrows.
2. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(b) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
(c) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(d) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
3. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) He had planned to train them before battle.
(b) He had promised their families they wouldn't die.
(c) Many of them were his friends and cousins.
(d) He had been asleep for three days and didn't protect them.
4. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
(a) She speaks ill of one group to the other.
(b) She steals their weapons.
(c) She tells each side that they will lose.
(d) She frees their slaves.
5. The Irish make progress. What is their plan?
(a) To kill Conchobar.
(b) To steal all the Ulster women and animals.
(c) To take Laeg prisoner.
(d) To lay down their arms.
6. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
(a) He has lost his nerve.
(b) He is completely covered with wounds.
(c) He wants only peace.
(d) He has lost too much weight.
7. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
(a) He kills a thousand Ulstermen.
(b) He kills a thousand Irishmen.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is captured.
8. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
9. What do the Ulstermen do with the Irish female slaves?
(a) Leave them with Medb.
(b) Release them back to their families.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Take them as their own slaves.
10. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Tip their weapons with poison.
(b) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
(c) Kill any cow within five miles.
(d) Sacrifice one of the their women.
11. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
(a) Cormac's body.
(b) Medb on his back.
(c) The riches of Ulster.
(d) The remains of the other bull.
12. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
(b) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
(c) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(d) Made a good friend of Fergus.
13. What does Donn's last action put an end to?
(a) The unity of Ireland and Ulster.
(b) The cattle raid of Cooley.
(c) Cattle raising in Ireland.
(d) The powers of the Druids.
14. What does "red-shame" refer to?
(c) A shield.
15. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(b) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(c) They fought by biting each other.
(d) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
2. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
3. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
4. Who does Donn the bull fight?
5. The men who fought the Irish after Menn were killed. How were they killed?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)