|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(b) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(c) Kill Dubthach.
(d) Join Dubthach in his plot.
2. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(b) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(c) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(d) They fought by biting each other.
3. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(b) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(c) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
(d) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
4. What do the dreams of the soldiers predict?
(a) That Ulster will be destroyed.
(b) The outcome of the great battle.
(c) The future of Ireland.
(d) Cuchulain will die.
5. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
(b) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
(c) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(d) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
6. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(b) Tip their weapons with poison.
(c) Kill any cow within five miles.
(d) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
7. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
(a) They turn with him.
(b) They capture him.
(c) They kill him.
(d) They let him run.
8. Who is in love with Rochad?
(a) The lady of the lake.
(c) The witch of Cavan.
9. What do the Ulstermen do with the Irish female slaves?
(a) Release them back to their families.
(b) Leave them with Medb.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Take them as their own slaves.
10. What does Donn take back to Cruachan the next morning?
(a) The remains of the other bull.
(b) Medb on his back.
(c) Cormac's body.
(d) The riches of Ulster.
11. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) Cuchulain has used up his three wishes.
(b) The fairy has lost interest in battles and war.
(c) Cuchulain will get all the credit for the battle.
(d) The fairy has to help someone else now.
12. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
(a) Kill Medb.
(b) Kill Ailill.
(c) End the cattle raid.
(d) Give him the magical white cow.
13. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He trips him with long poles.
(b) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(c) He waves a red flag under his nose.
(d) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
14. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
(a) That he is deserting.
(b) That the Ulstermen have a weak army.
(c) That she should retreat.
(d) That the Ulstermen are retreating.
15. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) She loses her will to fight.
(b) There is no heir to the kingdom.
(c) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(d) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Cuchulain's anger fit?
2. Why did the Irish pick Tamon to go to Cuchulain in disguise?
3. What is the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
4. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
5. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)