|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
2. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
(a) That she should retreat.
(b) That the Ulstermen are retreating.
(c) That the Ulstermen have a weak army.
(d) That he is deserting.
3. Who is in love with Rochad?
(c) The lady of the lake.
(d) The witch of Cavan.
4. What do the dreams of the soldiers predict?
(a) That Ulster will be destroyed.
(b) The outcome of the great battle.
(c) The future of Ireland.
(d) Cuchulain will die.
5. What do the doctors tell Cethern?
(a) That he should kill Cuchulain.
(b) That he will die from his wounds.
(c) That his wounds are not serious.
(d) That magically, there are no signs of wounds.
6. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
7. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
(a) His twenty-seven uncles and cousins.
(b) His twenty-seven grandsons.
(c) His twenty-seven sons and their sons.
(d) His twenty-seven brothers.
8. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Medb.
(c) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(d) Become a druid priest.
9. How does Cuchulain destroy Ferchu and his bandits?
(a) By poisoning them.
(b) By slow torture.
(c) By driving them off a cliff.
(d) By cutting off their heads.
10. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
(a) Getting his people help Cuchulain.
(b) Capturing the white cow.
(c) Capturing Medb.
(d) Fighting the Irish.
11. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) The witches tell him to.
(b) His wounds have healed.
(c) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(d) Conchobar asks him to help.
12. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
(a) That he surrender.
(b) That he get medical help for him.
(c) His sword.
(d) That he join him in killing Medb.
13. Where will Medb and Ailill say they will see Menn again?
(a) In his home kingdom.
(b) In heaven.
(c) At the great battle.
(d) At the crowning Cuchulain as their king.
14. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(b) Kill Dubthach.
(c) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(d) Join Dubthach in his plot.
15. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(b) Made a good friend of Fergus.
(c) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
(d) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
2. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
3. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
4. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
5. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)