|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
(a) The men of Ulster.
(b) The women of Ulster.
(c) The women Ireland.
(d) The men of Ireland.
2. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The wizards.
(b) The huntsmen.
(c) The scouts of Eireann.
(d) The charioteers.
3. Who is in love with Rochad?
(a) The lady of the lake.
(c) The witch of Cavan.
4. Why did the Irish pick Tamon to go to Cuchulain in disguise?
(a) Because he was clever.
(b) Because he was a rebel.
(c) Because he was dim-witted.
(d) Because he was a coward.
5. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(d) Cattle guts.
6. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
(a) Kill Ailill.
(b) End the cattle raid.
(c) Kill Medb.
(d) Give him the magical white cow.
7. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(b) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
(c) He is pushed off a cliff.
(d) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
8. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
(a) As a Druid.
(b) In disguise as a farmer.
(c) In his normal clothes.
(d) In his full battle gear.
9. What does Fergus think what MacRoth saw in the woods is all about?
(a) Cuchulain is stronger than ever.
(b) Ailill is richer than anyone knew.
(c) The Irish soldiers are deserting.
(d) The Ulster army has scared the animals into the woods.
10. What does "red-shame" refer to?
(c) A shield.
11. How does Laeg make Cuchulain feel better about not fighting?
(a) He tells him no army could defeat them.
(b) He dresses his wounds.
(c) He tells him he is a great battle hero.
(d) He prepares a fantastic feast for him.
12. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He waves a red flag under his nose.
(b) He trips him with long poles.
(c) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(d) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
13. Who comes to help Cuchulain after Catalin beats him into the ground?
14. Who is Fingin?
(a) Cuchulain's cook.
(b) Cuthulain's magic doctor.
(c) Cuchulain's bodyguard.
(d) Cuchulain's driver.
15. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
(a) To kill Medb but not Ailill.
(b) March south.
(c) To take up arms.
(d) Refuse to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sencha?
2. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
3. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
4. What is the result of Cuchulain's anger fit?
5. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)