|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) The fairy has lost interest in battles and war.
(b) Cuchulain has used up his three wishes.
(c) The fairy has to help someone else now.
(d) Cuchulain will get all the credit for the battle.
2. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
(a) Mann called him a coward.
(b) Fergus reminds him Mann had killed a close friend of his.
(c) Fergus reminds him of the Slaughter of the Youth.
(d) Mann is the most obnoxious person he has ever met.
3. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
4. What is the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They quit and go home.
(b) They make a whole new strategy for coming battles.
(c) They offer to sacrifice their best warrior to the gods.
(d) They get angry and kill each other.
5. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
6. What did Fergus want Ailill to give him for the great battle?
(a) His sword back.
(b) Ten bags of gold.
(c) The best horse.
(d) Protection from death.
7. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
(b) There is no heir to the kingdom.
(c) She loses her will to fight.
(d) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
8. What do the Irish men think of the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They want to make peace.
(b) They think Cuchulain is too weak to fight these men.
(c) They plot to join them and fight Cuchulain.
(d) They are disgusted with the Ulster men.
9. What does Donn's last action put an end to?
(a) The unity of Ireland and Ulster.
(b) Cattle raising in Ireland.
(c) The powers of the Druids.
(d) The cattle raid of Cooley.
10. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(b) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(c) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(d) Kill Dubthach.
11. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The wizards.
(b) The scouts of Eireann.
(c) The charioteers.
(d) The huntsmen.
12. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
(a) They let him run.
(b) They capture him.
(c) They turn with him.
(d) They kill him.
13. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
(a) By building a road block.
(b) By sending his trained wolves after them.
(c) By throwing stones at them.
(d) By setting fire to the forest.
14. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
(a) To kill Medb but not Ailill.
(b) To take up arms.
(c) March south.
(d) Refuse to fight.
15. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(b) Made a good friend of Fergus.
(c) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
(d) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
2. How does Cethern get killed?
3. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
4. What will Medb and Ailill not do if Menn retreats to his kingdom?
5. Who is killed by the bulls while they fight?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)