|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
(a) The men of Ulster.
(b) The women of Ulster.
(c) The men of Ireland.
(d) The women Ireland.
2. Cuchulain killed Tamon because Tamon was disguised as someone else. Who?
(b) A druid.
3. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
(a) March south.
(b) To take up arms.
(c) To kill Medb but not Ailill.
(d) Refuse to fight.
4. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
(a) Give him the magical white cow.
(b) Kill Ailill.
(c) Kill Medb.
(d) End the cattle raid.
5. Who is Sencha?
(a) Fergus's son.
(b) A teller of fortunes.
(c) Cuchulain's younger brother.
(d) Conchobar's general.
6. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
(a) In the borderlands.
(b) On the isle of Arran.
(c) In Connemara.
(d) On the coastal area.
7. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
(a) To build a huge pit to trap Irish warriors.
(b) To help Cuchulain who is very sick.
(c) To consult with the Druids.
(d) To discuss a fighting strategy.
8. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(b) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(c) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
(d) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
9. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
10. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(b) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(c) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(d) Kill Dubthach.
11. Who is next to fight the Irish after Menn?
(a) The charioteers.
(b) The huntsmen.
(c) The wizards.
(d) The scouts of Eireann.
12. What does Fergus think what MacRoth saw in the woods is all about?
(a) Cuchulain is stronger than ever.
(b) The Irish soldiers are deserting.
(c) Ailill is richer than anyone knew.
(d) The Ulster army has scared the animals into the woods.
13. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
(a) To lay down their arms.
(b) To join the Irish army.
(c) To leave Ireland.
(d) To raise arms.
14. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
(a) They let him run.
(b) They capture him.
(c) They turn with him.
(d) They kill him.
15. Who is in love with Rochad?
(a) The witch of Cavan.
(b) The lady of the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Celtchar a leader of?
2. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
3. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
4. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
5. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)