|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
(b) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(c) He is pushed off a cliff.
(d) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
2. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) Conchobar asks him to help.
(b) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(c) The witches tell him to.
(d) His wounds have healed.
3. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(b) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(c) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
(d) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
4. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
(a) On the isle of Arran.
(b) In the borderlands.
(c) In Connemara.
(d) On the coastal area.
5. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kill Dubthach.
(b) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(c) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(d) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
6. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Three times as many.
(b) Ten times as many.
(c) Twice as many.
(d) Five times as many.
7. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A thick fur.
(b) A shield.
(c) A piece of leather.
(d) A piece of wood.
8. What is Celtchar a leader of?
(a) The Scots.
(b) The Druids.
(c) The Irish.
(d) The Ulstermen.
9. Who goes to see Cuchulain after the Deer-Stalking of Amargin?
(a) His priest.
(b) His father.
(c) His old teacher.
(d) His brother.
10. Who kills Iliach in the end?
11. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
(a) Fighting the Irish.
(b) Capturing Medb.
(c) Capturing the white cow.
(d) Getting his people help Cuchulain.
12. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
(a) His twenty-seven sons and their sons.
(b) His twenty-seven brothers.
(c) His twenty-seven uncles and cousins.
(d) His twenty-seven grandsons.
13. How does Morrigan cause trouble for both sides?
(a) She speaks ill of one group to the other.
(b) She steals their weapons.
(c) She tells each side that they will lose.
(d) She frees their slaves.
14. What did Fergus want Ailill to give him for the great battle?
(a) Protection from death.
(b) His sword back.
(c) The best horse.
(d) Ten bags of gold.
15. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(b) Herbs and potions.
(c) Ground weeds and mud.
(d) The milk of the white cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
2. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
3. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
4. What will Medb and Ailill not do if Menn retreats to his kingdom?
5. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)