|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
(a) Capturing Medb.
(b) Capturing the white cow.
(c) Getting his people help Cuchulain.
(d) Fighting the Irish.
2. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
(a) A naked man.
(b) A team of runaway horses.
(d) The ghost of Ferdiad.
3. Who comes to help Cuchulain heal after his battle with Ferdiad?
(a) The men of Ireland.
(b) The women Ireland.
(c) The men of Ulster.
(d) The women of Ulster.
4. Who is Fingin?
(a) Cuchulain's bodyguard.
(b) Cuchulain's driver.
(c) Cuchulain's cook.
(d) Cuthulain's magic doctor.
5. What do the dreams of the soldiers predict?
(a) The outcome of the great battle.
(b) That Ulster will be destroyed.
(c) Cuchulain will die.
(d) The future of Ireland.
6. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
(a) March south.
(b) To take up arms.
(c) To kill Medb but not Ailill.
(d) Refuse to fight.
7. What happens when Donn is almost back to Cruachan?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He kills a thousand Irishmen.
(c) He kills a thousand Ulstermen.
(d) He dies.
8. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(b) Cattle guts.
9. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
(a) Cuchulain disguised as an eagle.
(b) The riches Ailill has hidden.
(c) Soldiers hiding in caves.
(d) A herd of every type of animal.
10. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They think he is ugly.
(b) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(c) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(d) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
11. What does "red-shame" refer to?
(d) A shield.
12. After eight hours of battle with shields and blades, what do Ferdiad and Cuchulain decide to do?
(a) Call in more warriors to help them.
(b) Choose another way to fight.
(c) To work together to defeat Medb.
(d) Make a truce.
13. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(b) Shames him in front of all the men.
(c) Ties him to a tree.
(d) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
14. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
(a) Push them into a pit.
(b) Hang them.
(c) Take them as slaves.
(d) Decapitate them.
15. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With their bare hands.
(b) With slingshots.
(c) With bows and arrows.
(d) With swords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fergus think what MacRoth saw in the woods is all about?
2. How does Cuchulain destroy Ferchu and his bandits?
3. What is Iliach's reaction to the Irish scorn?
4. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
5. Who is in love with Rochad?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)