|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain want the Ulstermen to do?
(a) To join the Irish army.
(b) To raise arms.
(c) To leave Ireland.
(d) To lay down their arms.
2. Why did the Irish pick Tamon to go to Cuchulain in disguise?
(a) Because he was a coward.
(b) Because he was a rebel.
(c) Because he was dim-witted.
(d) Because he was clever.
3. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(b) Herbs and potions.
(c) Ground weeds and mud.
(d) The milk of the white cow.
4. Who helps Catalin fight Cuchulain?
(a) His twenty-seven grandsons.
(b) His twenty-seven sons and their sons.
(c) His twenty-seven brothers.
(d) His twenty-seven uncles and cousins.
5. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(b) Cattle guts.
6. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
(b) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
(c) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(d) He forgot his sword back at camp.
7. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is very long.
(b) It is worn in a ponytail.
(c) It is three different colors.
(d) He is almost bald.
8. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A piece of leather.
(b) A thick fur.
(c) A shield.
(d) A piece of wood.
9. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) He had been asleep for three days and didn't protect them.
(b) Many of them were his friends and cousins.
(c) He had promised their families they wouldn't die.
(d) He had planned to train them before battle.
10. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
(a) Push them into a pit.
(b) Take them as slaves.
(c) Decapitate them.
(d) Hang them.
11. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
(a) Getting his people help Cuchulain.
(b) Capturing the white cow.
(c) Fighting the Irish.
(d) Capturing Medb.
12. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) There is no heir to the kingdom.
(b) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(c) She loses her will to fight.
(d) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
13. Who does Donn the bull fight?
(a) Fergus's bull.
(b) The Great Bull of Ulster.
(c) Cuchulain's bull.
(d) Ailill's bull.
14. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Become a druid priest.
(b) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Medb.
15. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He trips him with long poles.
(b) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(c) He waves a red flag under his nose.
(d) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
2. What did Fergus want Ailill to give him for the great battle?
3. Who visit the Irish in their camps?
4. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
5. How does Cethern get killed?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)