|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
(a) Tip their weapons with poison.
(b) Sacrifice one of the their women.
(c) Kill any cow within five miles.
(d) Pray on their knees for the help of the gods.
2. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(b) Cattle guts.
3. The Irish make progress. What is their plan?
(a) To lay down their arms.
(b) To kill Conchobar.
(c) To steal all the Ulster women and animals.
(d) To take Laeg prisoner.
4. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) What sort of person inflicted them.
(b) The future of the Irish.
(c) How healthy he is.
(d) How long he has to live.
5. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
(a) Fergus reminds him of the Slaughter of the Youth.
(b) Mann is the most obnoxious person he has ever met.
(c) Mann called him a coward.
(d) Fergus reminds him Mann had killed a close friend of his.
6. Which of the following is untrue about Mann?
(a) He is loud.
(b) Medb sends him to fight Cuchulain.
(c) He is gigantic.
(d) He is a coward.
7. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
(b) Hide it in the forest.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Make it invisible.
8. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
(a) To help Cuchulain who is very sick.
(b) To consult with the Druids.
(c) To build a huge pit to trap Irish warriors.
(d) To discuss a fighting strategy.
9. After eight hours of battle with shields and blades, what do Ferdiad and Cuchulain decide to do?
(a) Choose another way to fight.
(b) Call in more warriors to help them.
(c) To work together to defeat Medb.
(d) Make a truce.
10. What do the Irish men think of the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They are disgusted with the Ulster men.
(b) They plot to join them and fight Cuchulain.
(c) They think Cuchulain is too weak to fight these men.
(d) They want to make peace.
11. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With slingshots.
(b) With bows and arrows.
(c) With their bare hands.
(d) With swords.
12. What is the result of the meeting of the Ulstermen?
(a) They quit and go home.
(b) They get angry and kill each other.
(c) They offer to sacrifice their best warrior to the gods.
(d) They make a whole new strategy for coming battles.
13. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Become a druid priest.
(b) Kill Medb.
(c) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(d) Kill himself.
14. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
(a) They turn with him.
(b) They kill him.
(c) They capture him.
(d) They let him run.
15. The battle for Medb's daughter is called a white-fight. Why?
(a) It was a pure cause.
(b) No one died.
(c) It happened at dawn.
(d) No blood was shed by her loved one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
2. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
3. Why does Medb stop Curoi from confronting Amargin?
4. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
5. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)