|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of Oengus and the Misthrow at Belach Eoin, Cuchulain seems to be surrounded by.....
(a) The best warriors ever.
(b) Druids who can't fight.
(c) Women and children.
(d) Incompetent people.
2. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
(b) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(c) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
(d) Made a good friend of Fergus.
3. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
(a) He is successful in twenty battles but is then killed.
(b) He becomes Cuchulain's top advisor.
(c) The Irish surround him and kill him.
(d) He turns traitor and joins the Irish.
4. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
(b) Shames him in front of all the men.
(c) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(d) Ties him to a tree.
5. Who does Donn the bull fight?
(a) Fergus's bull.
(b) Ailill's bull.
(c) The Great Bull of Ulster.
(d) Cuchulain's bull.
6. Medb wants Fergus to fight Cuchulain. Why doesn't he want to?
(a) Fergus is small and weak and fears Cuchulain.
(b) Fergus thinks Cuchulain is evil.
(c) Fergus doesn't want to kill a man of the same religion.
(d) Cuchulain was his young disciple.
7. What do the doctors tell Cethern?
(a) That he should kill Cuchulain.
(b) That magically, there are no signs of wounds.
(c) That he will die from his wounds.
(d) That his wounds are not serious.
8. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(b) They fought by biting each other.
(c) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(d) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
9. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
(a) Soldiers hiding in caves.
(b) A herd of every type of animal.
(c) Cuchulain disguised as an eagle.
(d) The riches Ailill has hidden.
10. What does Fergus finally offer to do if Cuchulain will run away?
(a) Kill Medb.
(b) Give him the magical white cow.
(c) End the cattle raid.
(d) Kill Ailill.
11. What is Celtchar a leader of?
(a) The Irish.
(b) The Druids.
(c) The Ulstermen.
(d) The Scots.
12. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(b) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
(c) There is no heir to the kingdom.
(d) She loses her will to fight.
13. The men who fought the Irish after Menn were killed. How were they killed?
(a) With swords.
(b) With pots of boiling water.
(c) With poison.
(d) With stones.
14. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Twice as many.
(b) Five times as many.
(c) Three times as many.
(d) Ten times as many.
15. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
(a) In his full battle gear.
(b) In disguise as a farmer.
(c) As a Druid.
(d) In his normal clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
2. Cuchulain killed Tamon because Tamon was disguised as someone else. Who?
3. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
4. What do the dreams of the soldiers predict?
5. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)