|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Celtchar a leader of?
(a) The Druids.
(b) The Irish.
(c) The Scots.
(d) The Ulstermen.
2. How many warriors did Menn bring with him?
3. Why does Cuchulain say he can fight no more?
(a) He wants only peace.
(b) He is completely covered with wounds.
(c) He has lost too much weight.
(d) He has lost his nerve.
4. Who is Fingin?
(a) Cuchulain's bodyguard.
(b) Cuchulain's cook.
(c) Cuchulain's driver.
(d) Cuthulain's magic doctor.
5. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
(a) In Connemara.
(b) On the isle of Arran.
(c) On the coastal area.
(d) In the borderlands.
6. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Become a druid priest.
(c) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(d) Kill Medb.
7. What should have Oengus done when he arrived to help Cuchulain?
(a) Made a good friend of Fergus.
(b) Consulted the Druids on his future.
(c) Listened to Cuchulain on how best to help him.
(d) Killed many Irish to prove he was an excellent soldier.
8. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(b) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(c) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(d) They fought by biting each other.
9. What did Fergus want Ailill to give him for the great battle?
(a) The best horse.
(b) His sword back.
(c) Ten bags of gold.
(d) Protection from death.
10. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kill Dubthach.
(b) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(c) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(d) Join Dubthach in his plot.
11. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(a) The milk of the white cow.
(b) Herbs and potions.
(d) Ground weeds and mud.
12. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
(b) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
(c) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(d) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
13. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
(a) He is afraid Fergus will kill him.
(b) He wants to surrender to Fergus.
(c) He does not want to look like a coward.
(d) He wants to kill Fergus on the spot.
14. Who does Donn the bull fight?
(a) The Great Bull of Ulster.
(b) Cuchulain's bull.
(c) Ailill's bull.
(d) Fergus's bull.
15. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
(a) By throwing stones at them.
(b) By setting fire to the forest.
(c) By building a road block.
(d) By sending his trained wolves after them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
2. What is Sualtaim unsuccessful in doing?
3. Ailill sends MacRoth into the woods. What does he see?
4. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
5. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)