|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Iliach in the end?
2. The Irish make progress. What is their plan?
(a) To kill Conchobar.
(b) To lay down their arms.
(c) To take Laeg prisoner.
(d) To steal all the Ulster women and animals.
3. How does Cormac make Donn angry so that he fights all night?
(a) He tells him he was not worth the journey.
(b) He feeds the other bull but not Donn.
(c) He trips him with long poles.
(d) He waves a red flag under his nose.
4. How does Cuchulain destroy Ferchu and his bandits?
(a) By cutting off their heads.
(b) By slow torture.
(c) By poisoning them.
(d) By driving them off a cliff.
5. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(b) Ground weeds and mud.
(c) The milk of the white cow.
(d) Herbs and potions.
6. Who is in love with Rochad?
(c) The witch of Cavan.
(d) The lady of the lake.
7. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Make it invisible.
(d) Hide it in the forest.
8. What does Donn's last action put an end to?
(a) Cattle raising in Ireland.
(b) The unity of Ireland and Ulster.
(c) The powers of the Druids.
(d) The cattle raid of Cooley.
9. What does Ferdiad say he will do if he kills Cuchulain?
(a) Become a druid priest.
(b) Have himself made King of Ulster.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Medb.
10. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
(a) That he is deserting.
(b) That the Ulstermen have a weak army.
(c) That the Ulstermen are retreating.
(d) That she should retreat.
11. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) The witches tell him to.
(b) Conchobar asks him to help.
(c) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(d) His wounds have healed.
12. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With slingshots.
(b) With bows and arrows.
(c) With their bare hands.
(d) With swords.
13. Who comes to help Cuchulain after Catalin beats him into the ground?
14. What is the result of Cuchulain's anger fit?
(a) Smoke comes out of his ears.
(b) He sees visions of the Irish army.
(c) He sticks a spike into Laeg's chest.
(d) Blood spurts from his forehead.
15. What problem does the death of Medb's daughter cause?
(a) She loses her will to fight.
(b) There is no heir to the kingdom.
(c) Ailill goes crazy with grief.
(d) She not longer has a prize to offer the warriors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
2. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
3. What does the Irish army do when Fergus turns and runs?
4. How does Cethern get killed?
5. Who is Fingin?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)