Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She cries in grief.
(b) She screams in rage.
(c) She kills Fergus.
(d) She surrenders and starts for home.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(b) He stabs him with his sword.
(c) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(d) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
3. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(b) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(c) He takes them all prisoner.
(d) He makes them into slaves.
4. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(b) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(c) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
5. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(b) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(c) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(d) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
6. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
7. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By offering him a bribe.
(b) By giving the man his sword.
(c) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(d) By pretending to be a holy druid.
8. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) She was actually from Ulster.
(b) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
(c) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(d) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
9. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
10. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is considered a god.
(b) He is a great warrior.
(c) He is a great speaker.
(d) He is a teenager.
11. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He traps it with a net.
(b) He throws a rock at it.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He sends a cat after it.
12. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(b) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(c) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(d) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
13. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
(b) Supply her with more livestock.
(c) More space for her army's camp.
(d) A short truce so she can move her troops.
14. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(b) It protected her from evil spirits.
(c) It meant she was related to the queen.
(d) It meant she was an adult woman.
15. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(b) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(c) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(d) Raid Conchobar's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
2. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
3. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
4. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
5. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)