|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his physician.
(b) He is his cousin.
(c) He is his foster brother.
(d) He is his personal assistant.
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(b) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(c) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(d) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
3. Who decides to try to kill Cuchulain after the slaughter of the boy troop?
(b) His half-brother.
(d) Six princes.
4. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
(a) Binds herself around his arms.
(b) Scares him so he drops his shield.
(c) Slithers under his armor and tickles him.
(d) Binds herself around his feet.
5. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(b) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(c) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
6. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(b) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(c) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
(d) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
7. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(b) Go around the mountain on foot.
(c) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(d) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
8. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) He sends someone else to do it.
(b) With poison.
(c) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
(d) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
9. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
(a) Kill Loch's second-in-command.
(b) Stop all the battles and make peace.
(c) Pull his spear out of Loch's chest.
(d) Step backward so Loch can fall forward.
10. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) On his throne in his tent.
(b) By a mountain.
(c) On the top of a stone column.
(d) In his secret cave.
11. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He has the largest number of soldiers.
(b) He is not liked very much.
(c) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
(d) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
12. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) A hundred pounds of gold.
(b) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(c) Half of her herd of cattle.
(d) Land south of the River Ouse.
13. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(b) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(c) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(d) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
14. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(b) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(c) Their health.
(d) Their wealth.
15. What does Cuchulain pray for Morrigan?
(a) That she will tell him where Medb is.
(b) That her injuries would heal.
(c) That she will live to be a hundred.
(d) That she will find riches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
2. How did Uala die?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
4. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
5. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)