|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(b) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
(c) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
(d) Larini had once saved his life.
2. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
(a) She trades a bag full of gold for it.
(b) It is given to her as a gift from the Irish man who found it.
(c) Cuchulain fights the Irish and the cattle run to the Irish camp.
(d) She steals it from Cuchulain's men.
3. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(b) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(c) To kill only one man at a time.
(d) To surrender.
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(b) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(c) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
(d) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
5. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(b) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(c) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
(d) Go around the mountain on foot.
6. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) In his secret cave.
(b) By a mountain.
(c) On the top of a stone column.
(d) On his throne in his tent.
7. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She is very nervous and afraid.
(b) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(c) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(d) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
8. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is a great warrior.
(c) He is a great speaker.
(d) He is considered a god.
9. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(b) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
(c) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
(d) Hits him over the head with his shield.
10. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his cousin.
(b) He is his physician.
(c) He is his personal assistant.
(d) He is his foster brother.
11. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
(a) The results are always the same - Cuchulain is the winner.
(b) No one can remember everything.
(c) The details are too hard to understand.
(d) There are only a few ways to kill a man in battle.
12. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
(b) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(c) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(d) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
13. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(b) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(c) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(d) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
14. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(b) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(c) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(d) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
15. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(b) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(c) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(d) The best way to find food for his own troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
2. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
3. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
4. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
5. What does Forgemen do?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)