|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Uala die?
(a) He drowned in the river.
(b) He was killed by Cuchulain.
(c) He fell into a ravine.
(d) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He stabs him with his sword.
(b) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(c) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(d) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
3. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) With poison.
(b) He sends someone else to do it.
(c) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
(d) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
4. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
5. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Ailill's daughter.
(b) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(c) Fergus's daughter.
(d) Medb's mother.
6. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(b) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
(c) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
(d) The Druids have no fighting skills.
7. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they can make a plan to capture him.
(b) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(c) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(d) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
8. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Chooses the best horse.
(b) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
(c) Practices his skills and stays fit.
(d) Talks with his advisors.
9. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He sends a cat after it.
(b) He traps it with a net.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He throws a rock at it.
10. What does the spy find out?
(a) Medb and Fergus are having an affair.
(b) Medb has disappeared with the soldiers.
(c) Medb believes Ailill has turned against her.
(d) Medb is very discouraged and is planning a new strategy.
11. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white cow.
(b) As a white bird.
(c) As a white horse.
(d) As a white cat.
12. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
(a) He admires his courage.
(b) He is his favorite uncle.
(c) He was raised with him.
(d) He is his spiritual advisor.
13. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
(a) He makes plans to capture Medb.
(b) He kills some soldiers with his slingshot.
(c) He captures and tortures Medb's beloved dog.
(d) He takes one hundred soldiers prisoner.
14. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
(a) It is given to her as a gift from the Irish man who found it.
(b) She steals it from Cuchulain's men.
(c) She trades a bag full of gold for it.
(d) Cuchulain fights the Irish and the cattle run to the Irish camp.
15. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) On the top of a stone column.
(b) In his secret cave.
(c) By a mountain.
(d) On his throne in his tent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
2. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
3. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
4. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
5. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)