|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were training for battle.
(b) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(c) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(d) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
2. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) Prisoners of war.
(b) A truce.
(c) A final showdown.
(d) Carts to transport soldiers.
3. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(b) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(c) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(d) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
4. What does Medb do as she makes her way through Ulster?
(a) Kills everyone she comes across.
(b) Steals everything she can.
(c) Names all the places after herself.
(d) Makes the men join her army.
5. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(b) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(c) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
(d) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
6. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(d) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
7. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(b) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(c) Steal the Irish livestock.
(d) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
8. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(c) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(d) Their health.
9. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She surrenders and starts for home.
(b) She screams in rage.
(c) She kills Fergus.
(d) She cries in grief.
10. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
(b) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(c) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
(d) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
11. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(b) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(c) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(d) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
12. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
13. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
(b) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
(c) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
(d) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
14. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Eight hundred and fifty.
(b) Four hundred and fifty.
(c) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
15. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(d) To kill only one man at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
2. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
3. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
4. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
5. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)