|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
(b) Larini had once saved his life.
(c) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(d) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
2. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(b) It protected her from evil spirits.
(c) It meant she was related to the queen.
(d) It meant she was an adult woman.
3. How did Uala die?
(a) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
(b) He fell into a ravine.
(c) He was killed by Cuchulain.
(d) He drowned in the river.
4. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white horse.
(b) As a white cat.
(c) As a white cow.
(d) As a white bird.
5. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(b) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(c) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(d) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
6. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
(b) She was actually from Ulster.
(c) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(d) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
7. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
(b) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
(c) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(d) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
8. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
(b) A short truce so she can move her troops.
(c) More space for her army's camp.
(d) Supply her with more livestock.
9. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
(b) It turns ugly.
(c) It loses its muscular strength.
(d) It turns into a wolf.
10. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
(b) Talks with his advisors.
(c) Chooses the best horse.
(d) Practices his skills and stays fit.
11. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A truce.
(b) A surrender.
(c) A declaration of war.
(d) A ceasefire.
12. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By giving the man his sword.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(d) By offering him a bribe.
13. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
14. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Fergus.
(b) At Dublin.
(c) At Cruachan.
(d) At Connacht.
15. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
(b) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(c) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(d) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
2. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
3. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
4. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
5. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)