|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
(a) Slithers under his armor and tickles him.
(b) Binds herself around his arms.
(c) Binds herself around his feet.
(d) Scares him so he drops his shield.
2. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
(b) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(c) The truce is renewed with changes.
(d) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
3. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She kills Fergus.
(b) She surrenders and starts for home.
(c) She cries in grief.
(d) She screams in rage.
4. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(b) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(c) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
5. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
(b) He has angered Medb.
(c) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
(d) He owes Medb a favor.
6. What does Medb do as she makes her way through Ulster?
(a) Kills everyone she comes across.
(b) Names all the places after herself.
(c) Steals everything she can.
(d) Makes the men join her army.
7. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
(b) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
(c) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(d) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
8. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(c) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(d) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
9. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
10. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) A final showdown.
(b) Carts to transport soldiers.
(c) Prisoners of war.
(d) A truce.
11. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Medb's mother.
(b) Ailill's daughter.
(c) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(d) Fergus's daughter.
12. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
13. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(a) Brian Boru.
14. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Two hundred and fifty.
(b) Four hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
(d) Eight hundred and fifty.
15. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(b) She had made some excellent investments.
(c) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(d) She was a warrior queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spy find out?
2. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
3. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
4. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
5. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)