|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(b) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(c) Steal the Irish livestock.
(d) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
2. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(b) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(c) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
3. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
(b) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(c) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
(d) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
4. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their health.
(b) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(c) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(d) Their wealth.
5. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
(a) He is his spiritual advisor.
(b) He admires his courage.
(c) He is his favorite uncle.
(d) He was raised with him.
6. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(b) She was a warrior queen.
(c) She had made some excellent investments.
(d) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
7. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
(b) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(c) Lead the Irish army away from him.
(d) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
8. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
9. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He can speak.
(b) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
(c) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(d) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
10. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
(b) Hits him over the head with his shield.
(c) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(d) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
11. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
(a) Binds herself around his feet.
(b) Slithers under his armor and tickles him.
(c) Binds herself around his arms.
(d) Scares him so he drops his shield.
12. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his foster brother.
(b) He is his cousin.
(c) He is his personal assistant.
(d) He is his physician.
13. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It loses its muscular strength.
(b) It turns ugly.
(c) It turns into a wolf.
(d) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
14. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) His druids cast battle spells.
(b) His warriors really do all the work.
(c) He has a magic slingshot.
(d) He has a magic spearlet.
15. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(b) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(c) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
(d) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
2. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
3. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
4. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
5. How did Uala die?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)