|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(b) He is injured and fears for his life.
(c) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
(d) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
2. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white bird.
(b) As a white horse.
(c) As a white cow.
(d) As a white cat.
3. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(d) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
4. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
(b) The Druids have no fighting skills.
(c) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(d) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
5. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(a) Christian priests.
(b) Kings and princes.
6. What does Forgemen do?
(a) He takes care of the other cattle of Cooley.
(b) He makes sure the armor is ready for the Irish fighters.
(c) He takes care of the great bull of Cooley.
(d) He negotiates everything between Medb and Cuchulain.
7. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(b) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(c) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(d) The best way to find food for his own troops.
8. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She surrenders and starts for home.
(b) She cries in grief.
(c) She screams in rage.
(d) She kills Fergus.
9. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
10. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(b) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(c) She was a warrior queen.
(d) She had made some excellent investments.
11. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
(b) He has the largest number of soldiers.
(c) He is not liked very much.
(d) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
12. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
13. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) Prisoners of war.
(b) Carts to transport soldiers.
(c) A truce.
(d) A final showdown.
14. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) In his secret cave.
(b) By a mountain.
(c) On the top of a stone column.
(d) On his throne in his tent.
15. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Medb's mother.
(b) Ailill's daughter.
(c) Fergus's daughter.
(d) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
2. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
3. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
4. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
5. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)