|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
(b) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
(c) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(d) Hits him over the head with his shield.
2. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(b) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(c) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
(d) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(b) Raid Conchobar's castle.
(c) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(d) Destroy all the villages in the area.
4. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Fergus.
(b) At Dublin.
(c) At Connacht.
(d) At Cruachan.
5. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) A short truce so she can move her troops.
(b) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
(c) More space for her army's camp.
(d) Supply her with more livestock.
6. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(b) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(c) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(d) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
7. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his physician.
(b) He is his personal assistant.
(c) He is his cousin.
(d) He is his foster brother.
8. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It meant she was related to the queen.
(b) It protected her from evil spirits.
(c) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(d) It meant she was an adult woman.
9. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(b) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(c) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(d) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
10. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is allowed to go free.
(b) He is tied up and left on his own.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He joins Cuchulain's men.
11. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He throws a rock at it.
(b) He sends a cat after it.
(c) He traps it with a net.
(d) With a slingshot.
12. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(b) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
(c) He can speak.
(d) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
13. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(b) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
(c) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(d) He can lift three times his weight.
14. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By offering him a bribe.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By giving the man his sword.
(d) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
15. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
2. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
3. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
4. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
5. What does the spy find out?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)