|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
(b) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(c) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(d) Go around the mountain on foot.
2. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He makes them into slaves.
(b) He takes them all prisoner.
(c) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(d) He sends his own men to destroy them.
3. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
(a) Step backward so Loch can fall forward.
(b) Stop all the battles and make peace.
(c) Kill Loch's second-in-command.
(d) Pull his spear out of Loch's chest.
4. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
(a) He captures and tortures Medb's beloved dog.
(b) He takes one hundred soldiers prisoner.
(c) He kills some soldiers with his slingshot.
(d) He makes plans to capture Medb.
5. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She screams in rage.
(b) She cries in grief.
(c) She surrenders and starts for home.
(d) She kills Fergus.
6. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(b) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
7. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(d) Brian Boru.
8. Who decides to try to kill Cuchulain after the slaughter of the boy troop?
(b) Six princes.
(d) His half-brother.
9. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is a great warrior.
(c) He is a great speaker.
(d) He is considered a god.
10. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
(b) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(c) Larini had once saved his life.
(d) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
11. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Decapitates them.
(b) Laughs at them and rides off.
(c) Marches them off to his camp.
(d) Throws them into a pit.
12. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He looked very tired.
(b) He looked very small and weak.
(c) He was very young.
(d) He was drunk.
13. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
14. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
(a) A feud.
(b) A business.
(c) A plot.
(d) Stealing livestock from the Irish.
15. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
(b) He can lift three times his weight.
(c) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(d) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
3. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
4. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
5. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)