|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(b) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(c) To kill only one man at a time.
(d) To surrender.
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Laughs at them and rides off.
(b) Throws them into a pit.
(c) Decapitates them.
(d) Marches them off to his camp.
3. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He can lift three times his weight.
(b) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(c) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(b) He is allowed to go free.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is tied up and left on his own.
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
(a) Digging a tunnel from the other side.
(b) Training new men for battle.
(c) Making deals with other kings to help him.
(d) Following them and killing some of them.
6. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
(b) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(c) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
(d) Hits him over the head with his shield.
7. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
(a) He is his fortune teller.
(b) He is his battle advisor.
(c) He is his chariot driver.
(d) He is his personal assistant.
8. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(b) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(c) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(d) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
9. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Practices his skills and stays fit.
(b) Talks with his advisors.
(c) Chooses the best horse.
(d) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
10. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(b) Their health.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
11. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(c) Brian Boru.
12. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
13. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Eight hundred and fifty.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Four hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
14. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(b) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(c) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(d) The best way to find food for his own troops.
15. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(b) Brian Boru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
2. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
3. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
5. Who is Finnabair?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)