|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
(b) She was actually from Ulster.
(c) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(d) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
2. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) With a slingshot.
(b) He throws a rock at it.
(c) He sends a cat after it.
(d) He traps it with a net.
4. How did Uala die?
(a) He fell into a ravine.
(b) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
(c) He was killed by Cuchulain.
(d) He drowned in the river.
5. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It meant she was an adult woman.
(b) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(c) It meant she was related to the queen.
(d) It protected her from evil spirits.
6. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
7. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(d) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
8. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(b) He stabs him with his sword.
(c) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
(d) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
9. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
(a) Cuchulain fights the Irish and the cattle run to the Irish camp.
(b) It is given to her as a gift from the Irish man who found it.
(c) She steals it from Cuchulain's men.
(d) She trades a bag full of gold for it.
10. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(c) Brian Boru.
11. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
(a) As an old woman mending clothes.
(b) As an old woman smoking a pipe.
(c) As an old woman milking a cow.
(d) As an old woman herding sheep.
12. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
(b) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(c) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
(d) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
13. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(b) She is very nervous and afraid.
(c) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(d) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
14. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Practices his skills and stays fit.
(b) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
(c) Chooses the best horse.
(d) Talks with his advisors.
15. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is tied up and left on his own.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(d) He is allowed to go free.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
2. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
3. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
4. Who is Finnabair?
5. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)