|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) Their health.
(c) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(d) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
2. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
(a) He is his battle advisor.
(b) He is his chariot driver.
(c) He is his fortune teller.
(d) He is his personal assistant.
3. How did Uala die?
(a) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
(b) He fell into a ravine.
(c) He was killed by Cuchulain.
(d) He drowned in the river.
4. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(b) Brian Boru.
5. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
(a) He wore a pretend beard to look older.
(b) He killed a herd of deer in front of him.
(c) He stole his wife away from him.
(d) He told him he had put a curse on his family.
6. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
7. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) Prisoners of war.
(b) Carts to transport soldiers.
(c) A truce.
(d) A final showdown.
8. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) His druids cast battle spells.
(b) He has a magic slingshot.
(c) His warriors really do all the work.
(d) He has a magic spearlet.
9. What does the spy find out?
(a) Medb has disappeared with the soldiers.
(b) Medb believes Ailill has turned against her.
(c) Medb and Fergus are having an affair.
(d) Medb is very discouraged and is planning a new strategy.
10. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(b) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(c) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(d) Steal the Irish livestock.
11. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(b) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(c) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(d) They can take him because they outnumber him.
12. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
13. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Connacht.
(b) At Fergus.
(c) At Cruachan.
(d) At Dublin.
14. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(b) It meant she was related to the queen.
(c) It meant she was an adult woman.
(d) It protected her from evil spirits.
15. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
2. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
3. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
4. What does Forgemen do?
5. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)