|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
(a) To increase his strength.
(b) To give him superhuman eyesight.
(c) To heal his wounds.
(d) To give him the power to see the future.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
(b) With poison.
(c) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
(d) He sends someone else to do it.
3. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(b) She is very nervous and afraid.
(c) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(d) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
4. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(b) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(c) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(d) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
5. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By giving the man his sword.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By offering him a bribe.
(d) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
6. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
(b) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
(c) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(d) Larini had once saved his life.
7. How did Uala die?
(a) He was killed by Cuchulain.
(b) He fell into a ravine.
(c) He drowned in the river.
(d) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
8. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Four hundred and fifty.
(b) Eight hundred and fifty.
(c) One hundred and fifty.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
9. Who decides to try to kill Cuchulain after the slaughter of the boy troop?
(a) His half-brother.
(c) Six princes.
10. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(b) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
(c) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
(d) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
11. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(c) Their health.
(d) That Medb did not get along with her father.
12. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
13. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) In his secret cave.
(b) On his throne in his tent.
(c) On the top of a stone column.
(d) By a mountain.
14. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) The truce is renewed with changes.
(b) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
(c) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(d) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
15. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It turns ugly.
(b) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
(c) It turns into a wolf.
(d) It loses its muscular strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
2. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
3. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
4. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
5. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)