|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(c) To kill only one man at a time.
(d) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
2. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(b) She had made some excellent investments.
(c) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(d) She was a warrior queen.
3. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
(b) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
(c) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(d) Hits him over the head with his shield.
4. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Playing on a harp.
(b) Looking into a crystal ball.
(c) Tending to her cattle.
(d) Weaving lace.
5. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
(a) To heal his wounds.
(b) To increase his strength.
(c) To give him superhuman eyesight.
(d) To give him the power to see the future.
6. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(c) Brian Boru.
7. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) A short truce so she can move her troops.
(b) More space for her army's camp.
(c) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
(d) Supply her with more livestock.
8. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) He owes Medb a favor.
(b) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
(c) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
(d) He has angered Medb.
9. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
(b) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(c) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(d) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
10. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He throws a rock at it.
(b) He sends a cat after it.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He traps it with a net.
11. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) With poison.
(b) He sends someone else to do it.
(c) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
(d) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
12. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He is not liked very much.
(b) He has the largest number of soldiers.
(c) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
(d) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
13. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(b) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(c) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(d) They were training for battle.
14. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Ailill's daughter.
(b) Fergus's daughter.
(c) Medb's mother.
(d) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
15. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
(a) As an old woman herding sheep.
(b) As an old woman milking a cow.
(c) As an old woman smoking a pipe.
(d) As an old woman mending clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
2. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
3. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
4. What does Forgemen do?
5. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)