|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Fergus's daughter.
(b) Ailill's daughter.
(c) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(d) Medb's mother.
2. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(b) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(c) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
(d) So they can make a plan to capture him.
3. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
(b) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
(c) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(d) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
4. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(b) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(c) They were training for battle.
(d) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
5. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
(b) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
(c) He can speak.
(d) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
6. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
7. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He takes them all prisoner.
(b) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(c) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(d) He makes them into slaves.
8. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
(a) They are taunting him and it angers him.
(b) They are increasing their numbers of warriors.
(c) He is nervous that they are getting stronger.
(d) They are reaching his own lands.
9. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Practices his skills and stays fit.
(b) Chooses the best horse.
(c) Talks with his advisors.
(d) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
10. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(b) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
(c) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(d) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
11. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his personal assistant.
(b) He is his physician.
(c) He is his cousin.
(d) He is his foster brother.
12. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) He sends someone else to do it.
(b) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
(c) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
(d) With poison.
13. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(b) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(c) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(d) Send one hundred men to fight him.
14. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) By a mountain.
(b) In his secret cave.
(c) On the top of a stone column.
(d) On his throne in his tent.
15. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Connacht.
(b) At Fergus.
(c) At Cruachan.
(d) At Dublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
2. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
4. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
5. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)