|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to try to kill Cuchulain after the slaughter of the boy troop?
(c) Six princes.
(d) His half-brother.
2. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
(a) They are taunting him and it angers him.
(b) They are reaching his own lands.
(c) They are increasing their numbers of warriors.
(d) He is nervous that they are getting stronger.
3. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) On his throne in his tent.
(b) On the top of a stone column.
(c) In his secret cave.
(d) By a mountain.
4. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
(a) Following them and killing some of them.
(b) Training new men for battle.
(c) Digging a tunnel from the other side.
(d) Making deals with other kings to help him.
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He can lift three times his weight.
(b) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
(c) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(d) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
6. Who is Finnabair?
(a) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(b) Ailill's daughter.
(c) Fergus's daughter.
(d) Medb's mother.
7. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(c) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(d) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
8. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
9. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(b) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(c) They were training for battle.
(d) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
10. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
11. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
(a) Hits him over the head with his shield.
(b) Hides in an apple tree and shoots him with an arrow.
(c) Throws an apple through his shield and head.
(d) Breaks his neck while wrestling.
12. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
(b) Go around the mountain on foot.
(c) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(d) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
13. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(b) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(c) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(d) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
14. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(b) He is injured and fears for his life.
(c) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
(d) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
15. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(a) Kings and princes.
(b) Christian priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
2. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
3. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
4. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
5. What does the spy find out?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)