|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Now of the Battle | The Muster of the Men of Erin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus tell Medb as a result of what MacRoth saw in the woods?
(a) That she should retreat.
(b) That he is deserting.
(c) That the Ulstermen have a weak army.
(d) That the Ulstermen are retreating.
2. Who is in love with Rochad?
(b) The witch of Cavan.
(d) The lady of the lake.
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(b) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(c) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(d) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
4. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Twice as many.
(b) Ten times as many.
(c) Three times as many.
(d) Five times as many.
5. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
(a) Refuse to fight.
(b) To take up arms.
(c) March south.
(d) To kill Medb but not Ailill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amargin try to block the Irish fighters?
2. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
3. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
4. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
5. How does Cethern get killed?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)