|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Now of the Battle | The Muster of the Men of Erin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to see Cuchulain after the Deer-Stalking of Amargin?
(a) His old teacher.
(b) His brother.
(c) His priest.
(d) His father.
2. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
(b) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(c) Lead the Irish army away from him.
(d) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
3. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(b) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(c) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(d) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
4. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Decapitates them.
(b) Throws them into a pit.
(c) Laughs at them and rides off.
(d) Marches them off to his camp.
5. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
(a) The results are always the same - Cuchulain is the winner.
(b) No one can remember everything.
(c) The details are too hard to understand.
(d) There are only a few ways to kill a man in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
2. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
4. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
5. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)