|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Now of the Battle | The Muster of the Men of Erin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Steal the Irish livestock.
(b) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(c) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(d) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
2. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(b) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(c) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(d) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
3. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With slingshots.
(b) With their bare hands.
(c) With swords.
(d) With bows and arrows.
4. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white bird.
(b) As a white cat.
(c) As a white cow.
(d) As a white horse.
5. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(b) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
2. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
3. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
4. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
5. What is Celtchar a leader of?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)