|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Now of the Battle | The Muster of the Men of Erin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cuchulain go into battle after he hears someone fighting mightily against Conchobar?
(a) Conchobar asks him to help.
(b) He discovers Fergus is fighting against him.
(c) The witches tell him to.
(d) His wounds have healed.
2. What do the Ulstermen do to Medb's bodyguards?
(a) Push them into a pit.
(b) Decapitate them.
(c) Hang them.
(d) Take them as slaves.
3. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He looked very tired.
(c) He looked very small and weak.
(d) He was very young.
4. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
(b) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(c) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
(d) He is injured and fears for his life.
5. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
(b) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(c) She was actually from Ulster.
(d) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
2. What does Fergus think what MacRoth saw in the woods is all about?
3. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)