|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Now of the Battle | The Muster of the Men of Erin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
(b) With poison.
(c) He sends someone else to do it.
(d) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(d) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
3. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
(a) Fergus reminds him of the Slaughter of the Youth.
(b) Fergus reminds him Mann had killed a close friend of his.
(c) Mann called him a coward.
(d) Mann is the most obnoxious person he has ever met.
4. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He looked very tired.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was very young.
(d) He looked very small and weak.
5. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is considered a god.
(c) He is a great warrior.
(d) He is a great speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
2. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
3. What does Forgemen do?
4. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
5. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)