|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Now of the Battle | The Muster of the Men of Erin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) Prisoners of war.
(b) A final showdown.
(c) A truce.
(d) Carts to transport soldiers.
2. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He makes them into slaves.
(b) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(c) He takes them all prisoner.
(d) He sends his own men to destroy them.
3. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(b) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(c) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(d) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(b) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
(c) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(d) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
5. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his physician.
(b) He is his foster brother.
(c) He is his personal assistant.
(d) He is his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
2. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
3. What does Conchobar order the men of Ulster to do?
4. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
5. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)