|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Now of the Battle | The Muster of the Men of Erin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
(a) How long he has to live.
(b) The future of the Irish.
(c) What sort of person inflicted them.
(d) How healthy he is.
2. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) He has a magic spearlet.
(b) His warriors really do all the work.
(c) He has a magic slingshot.
(d) His druids cast battle spells.
3. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
4. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Land south of the River Ouse.
(b) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(c) A hundred pounds of gold.
(d) Half of her herd of cattle.
5. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(a) Cattle guts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many warriors did Menn bring with him?
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
3. Who does Cuchulain send to rouse the troops?
4. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
5. Who kills Iliach in the end?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)