|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cuchulain feel guilty about the Slaughter of the Youths?
(a) He had planned to train them before battle.
(b) Many of them were his friends and cousins.
(c) He had promised their families they wouldn't die.
(d) He had been asleep for three days and didn't protect them.
2. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(b) Herbs and potions.
(c) The milk of the white cow.
(d) Ground weeds and mud.
3. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He takes them all prisoner.
(b) He makes them into slaves.
(c) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(d) He ignores them - they are just kids.
4. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Lead the Irish army away from him.
(b) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
(c) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(d) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
5. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
(a) Fur gloves and boots.
(b) Tattoos that show he is a warrior.
(c) Seven fingers and seven toes.
(d) Jewels on every finger and toe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
2. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
3. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
4. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
5. What is the result of Cuchulain's anger fit?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)