|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
(a) Eight hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred and fifty.
(c) Four hundred and fifty.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Throws them into a pit.
(b) Laughs at them and rides off.
(c) Decapitates them.
(d) Marches them off to his camp.
3. What fraction of the Irish army survives Cuchulain's rage?
4. The men who fought the Irish after Menn were killed. How were they killed?
(a) With pots of boiling water.
(b) With swords.
(c) With stones.
(d) With poison.
5. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) She was actually from Ulster.
(b) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
(c) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(d) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
2. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
3. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
4. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
5. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)