|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
(a) He wore a pretend beard to look older.
(b) He stole his wife away from him.
(c) He killed a herd of deer in front of him.
(d) He told him he had put a curse on his family.
2. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) He forgot his sword back at camp.
(b) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
(c) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(d) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
3. Ferdiad is picked to fight Cuchulain but refuses. What does Medb do?
(a) Shames him in front of all the men.
(b) Gets sorcerers to create boils on Ferdiad's skin.
(c) Ties him to a tree.
(d) Throws him into a pit of snakes.
4. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
(a) He becomes Cuchulain's top advisor.
(b) He turns traitor and joins the Irish.
(c) He is successful in twenty battles but is then killed.
(d) The Irish surround him and kill him.
5. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Laughs at them and rides off.
(b) Marches them off to his camp.
(c) Decapitates them.
(d) Throws them into a pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
2. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
3. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
4. How does Cuchulain kill Cyr?
5. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)