|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
(b) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
(c) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
(d) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
2. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(b) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(c) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(d) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
3. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(b) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
(c) He forgot his sword back at camp.
(d) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
4. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) With a slingshot.
(b) He traps it with a net.
(c) He sends a cat after it.
(d) He throws a rock at it.
5. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It meant she was related to the queen.
(b) It protected her from evil spirits.
(c) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(d) It meant she was an adult woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
2. What do Catalin and his men do before they go into battle?
3. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
4. What does Cuchulain pray for Morrigan?
5. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)