|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medb do as she makes her way through Ulster?
(a) Steals everything she can.
(b) Names all the places after herself.
(c) Makes the men join her army.
(d) Kills everyone she comes across.
2. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
(b) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
(c) He forgot his sword back at camp.
(d) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
3. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(b) He takes them all prisoner.
(c) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(d) He makes them into slaves.
4. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(b) She is very nervous and afraid.
(c) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(d) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
5. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Make it invisible.
(c) Hide it in the forest.
(d) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Irish pick Tamon to go to Cuchulain in disguise?
2. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
4. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
5. The men who fought the Irish after Menn were killed. How were they killed?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)