|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
2. How does Cuchulain destroy Ferchu and his bandits?
(a) By cutting off their heads.
(b) By slow torture.
(c) By poisoning them.
(d) By driving them off a cliff.
3. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(b) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(c) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(d) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
4. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They fought by biting each other.
(b) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(c) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(d) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
5. Who decides to try to kill Cuchulain after the slaughter of the boy troop?
(c) His half-brother.
(d) Six princes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
2. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
3. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
4. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
5. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)