|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(b) She had made some excellent investments.
(c) She was a warrior queen.
(d) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
2. How does Cuchulain destroy Ferchu and his bandits?
(a) By driving them off a cliff.
(b) By poisoning them.
(c) By cutting off their heads.
(d) By slow torture.
3. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(b) He is not physically strong.
(c) He changes his strategy too often.
(d) He takes too long to make decisions.
4. What does Cethern demand from Cuchulain?
(a) That he get medical help for him.
(b) That he surrender.
(c) That he join him in killing Medb.
(d) His sword.
5. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(c) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(d) Their health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
2. Where do Ferchu and his bandits do their robbing and stealing?
3. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
4. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
5. What happens to Oengus after he arrives to help Cuchulain?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)