|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
(a) He killed a herd of deer in front of him.
(b) He stole his wife away from him.
(c) He wore a pretend beard to look older.
(d) He told him he had put a curse on his family.
2. What do the people who help Cuchulain after the battle with Ferdiad put on his wounds?
(b) Ground weeds and mud.
(c) Herbs and potions.
(d) The milk of the white cow.
3. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(b) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(c) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(d) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
4. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
(b) He can speak.
(c) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(d) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
5. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
(a) In his normal clothes.
(b) In his full battle gear.
(c) In disguise as a farmer.
(d) As a Druid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
2. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
3. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
4. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)