|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(b) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(c) They fought by biting each other.
(d) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
2. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(b) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
(c) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(d) Go around the mountain on foot.
3. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(b) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(c) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(d) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
4. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(b) Raid Conchobar's castle.
(c) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(d) Destroy all the villages in the area.
5. How do Cuchulain and Mann fight?
(a) With bows and arrows.
(b) With swords.
(c) With their bare hands.
(d) With slingshots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
2. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
3. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
4. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
5. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)