|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
2. Fergus approaches Cuchulain without a sword. Why?
(a) He forgot his sword back at camp.
(b) Fergus believes his magical powers will help him kill Cuchulain.
(c) Ailill took it when he found out about Fergus' affair with Medb.
(d) Cuchulain made a deal to fight him with bare hands only.
3. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He has the largest number of soldiers.
(b) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
(c) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
(d) He is not liked very much.
4. Who is Fingin?
(a) Cuchulain's driver.
(b) Cuthulain's magic doctor.
(c) Cuchulain's bodyguard.
(d) Cuchulain's cook.
5. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
(a) There are only a few ways to kill a man in battle.
(b) The details are too hard to understand.
(c) No one can remember everything.
(d) The results are always the same - Cuchulain is the winner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
2. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
3. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
4. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
5. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)