|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Red-Shame of Menn | The Charioteers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It turns ugly.
(b) It turns into a wolf.
(c) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
(d) It loses its muscular strength.
2. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is a great speaker.
(b) He is a great warrior.
(c) He is considered a god.
(d) He is a teenager.
3. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is allowed to go free.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is tied up and left on his own.
(d) He joins Cuchulain's men.
4. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
5. Why did the men of Ulster come together?
(a) To build a huge pit to trap Irish warriors.
(b) To discuss a fighting strategy.
(c) To consult with the Druids.
(d) To help Cuchulain who is very sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
2. What does Medb's watchman see running towards him?
3. Who was the leader of the Youths of Ulster?
4. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
5. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)