|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Head-Place of Ferchu | Mann's Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(b) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(c) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(d) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
2. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white bird.
(b) As a white cat.
(c) As a white horse.
(d) As a white cow.
3. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(b) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(c) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(d) Send one hundred men to fight him.
4. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
(a) A feud.
(b) A plot.
(c) Stealing livestock from the Irish.
(d) A business.
5. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
(a) The results are always the same - Cuchulain is the winner.
(b) There are only a few ways to kill a man in battle.
(c) The details are too hard to understand.
(d) No one can remember everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
2. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
3. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
4. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
5. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)