|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Head-Place of Ferchu | Mann's Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(b) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(c) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(d) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
2. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A surrender.
(b) A ceasefire.
(c) A truce.
(d) A declaration of war.
3. Who is Finnabair?
(a) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(b) Ailill's daughter.
(c) Fergus's daughter.
(d) Medb's mother.
4. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
(a) Make it invisible.
(b) Hide it in the forest.
(c) Decorate it with skulls of Irish killed in battle.
(d) Destroy it.
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is allowed to go free.
(d) He is tied up and left on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
2. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
3. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
4. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
5. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)