|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Head-Place of Ferchu | Mann's Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Tending to her cattle.
(b) Weaving lace.
(c) Playing on a harp.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
2. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
(b) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(c) The Druids have no fighting skills.
(d) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
3. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
(a) To give him the power to see the future.
(b) To give him superhuman eyesight.
(c) To increase his strength.
(d) To heal his wounds.
4. What do Ailill and Medb want to ask Cuchulain for after the slaughter of the boy trooper?
(a) A final showdown.
(b) Prisoners of war.
(c) Carts to transport soldiers.
(d) A truce.
5. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
(a) Medb will make Lugaid avenge his brother's death.
(b) He has angered Medb.
(c) He owes Medb a favor.
(d) He has volunteered for a suicide mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the fairy refuse to help Cuchulain avenge the Slaughter of the Youths?
2. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
3. Laeg and Cuchulain get ready for battle. What does Laeg do about the chariot?
4. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
5. What does the spy find out?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)