|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Head-Place of Ferchu | Mann's Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
(b) Larini had once saved his life.
(c) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(d) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
2. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
3. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
(a) He told him he had put a curse on his family.
(b) He wore a pretend beard to look older.
(c) He killed a herd of deer in front of him.
(d) He stole his wife away from him.
4. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(b) They think he is ugly.
(c) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(d) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
5. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She had made some excellent investments.
(d) She was a warrior queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cuchulain so angry he tears Mann to pieces?
2. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
3. Fergus tries to get Cuchulain to run away from him. Why does Cuchulain refuse?
4. How many bandits are in Ferchu's gang?
5. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)