|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Head-Place of Ferchu | Mann's Fight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
(b) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(c) He can speak.
(d) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(b) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(c) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(d) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
3. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Ailill's daughter.
(b) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(c) Fergus's daughter.
(d) Medb's mother.
4. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(b) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(c) He takes them all prisoner.
(d) He makes them into slaves.
5. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(b) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(c) They were training for battle.
(d) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
2. What does Medb do as she makes her way through Ulster?
3. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
4. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
5. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)