|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
2. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
(b) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
(c) He has the largest number of soldiers.
(d) He is not liked very much.
3. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It turns ugly.
(b) It turns into a wolf.
(c) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
(d) It loses its muscular strength.
4. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By giving the man his sword.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By offering him a bribe.
(d) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
5. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a warrior queen.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She had made some excellent investments.
(d) She was the widow of an Irish king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
2. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
3. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
4. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
5. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)