|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It protected her from evil spirits.
(b) It meant she was an adult woman.
(c) It meant she was related to the queen.
(d) It showed that she was a royal maid.
2. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
(a) The results are always the same - Cuchulain is the winner.
(b) No one can remember everything.
(c) There are only a few ways to kill a man in battle.
(d) The details are too hard to understand.
3. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Decapitates them.
(b) Throws them into a pit.
(c) Laughs at them and rides off.
(d) Marches them off to his camp.
4. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(b) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(c) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(d) She is very nervous and afraid.
5. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(b) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(c) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
(d) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
2. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
3. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
4. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
5. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)