|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
2. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She surrenders and starts for home.
(b) She screams in rage.
(c) She kills Fergus.
(d) She cries in grief.
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) The best way to find food for his own troops.
(b) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(c) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(d) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
4. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(b) They were training for battle.
(c) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(d) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
5. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(b) She is very nervous and afraid.
(c) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(d) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
2. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
3. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
4. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
5. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)