|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(b) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(c) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(d) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
2. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
(a) They are taunting him and it angers him.
(b) They are increasing their numbers of warriors.
(c) They are reaching his own lands.
(d) He is nervous that they are getting stronger.
3. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(b) By giving the man his sword.
(c) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(d) By offering him a bribe.
4. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
5. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(b) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
(c) Larini had once saved his life.
(d) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
2. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
3. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
4. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
5. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)