|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Finnabair?
(a) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(b) Fergus's daughter.
(c) Ailill's daughter.
(d) Medb's mother.
2. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Playing on a harp.
(b) Weaving lace.
(c) Tending to her cattle.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
3. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) On the top of a stone column.
(b) By a mountain.
(c) In his secret cave.
(d) On his throne in his tent.
4. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
(a) She trades a bag full of gold for it.
(b) It is given to her as a gift from the Irish man who found it.
(c) Cuchulain fights the Irish and the cattle run to the Irish camp.
(d) She steals it from Cuchulain's men.
5. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(b) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(c) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
(d) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
2. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
3. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
4. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
5. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)