|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do every day to prepare for battle?
(a) Chooses the best horse.
(b) Talks with his advisors.
(c) Practices his skills and stays fit.
(d) Plays chess to improve his strategies.
2. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Land south of the River Ouse.
(b) Half of her herd of cattle.
(c) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(d) A hundred pounds of gold.
3. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they can make a plan to capture him.
(b) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(c) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(d) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
4. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his foster brother.
(b) He is his personal assistant.
(c) He is his cousin.
(d) He is his physician.
5. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
(a) They held special ceremonies every year.
(b) They built statues on the battlefields.
(c) They gave their widows gold.
(d) They named the land where they fell after them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
2. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
3. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
4. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
5. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)