|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
(b) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(c) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
(d) Larini had once saved his life.
2. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A surrender.
(b) A declaration of war.
(c) A truce.
(d) A ceasefire.
3. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
(b) He sends someone else to do it.
(c) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
(d) With poison.
4. How did Uala die?
(a) He was accidentally killed by his own men.
(b) He fell into a ravine.
(c) He was killed by Cuchulain.
(d) He drowned in the river.
5. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
(b) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
(c) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(d) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
2. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
3. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
5. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)