|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(b) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(c) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(d) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
2. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By offering him a bribe.
(d) By giving the man his sword.
3. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
(a) He will take any risk to kill Cuchulain.
(b) He is not liked very much.
(c) He is the strongest warrior the Irish have.
(d) He has the largest number of soldiers.
4. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
(b) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(c) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(d) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
5. What does Medb do as she makes her way through Ulster?
(a) Kills everyone she comes across.
(b) Steals everything she can.
(c) Names all the places after herself.
(d) Makes the men join her army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
2. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
3. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
4. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
5. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)