|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is tied up and left on his own.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(d) He is allowed to go free.
2. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He can lift three times his weight.
(b) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(c) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(b) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(c) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(d) They can take him because they outnumber him.
4. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(b) He takes them all prisoner.
(c) He makes them into slaves.
(d) He ignores them - they are just kids.
5. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Tending to her cattle.
(b) Playing on a harp.
(c) Weaving lace.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
2. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
3. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
4. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
5. Larini is a weak fighter but is being sent to fight Cuchulain. Why?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)