|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Laughs at them and rides off.
(b) Marches them off to his camp.
(c) Throws them into a pit.
(d) Decapitates them.
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(d) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
3. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(b) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
(c) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(d) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
4. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He changes his strategy too often.
(b) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(c) He takes too long to make decisions.
(d) He is not physically strong.
5. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
(b) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
(c) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
(d) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
2. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
4. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
5. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)