|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(b) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
2. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She cries in grief.
(b) She kills Fergus.
(c) She surrenders and starts for home.
(d) She screams in rage.
3. Why did Cuchulain promise not to kill Larini?
(a) Cuchulain felt sorry for simple-minded Larini.
(b) Cuchulain was afraid of Larini.
(c) Larini's brother was another old Ulster friend.
(d) Larini had once saved his life.
4. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
(b) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(c) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(d) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
5. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Tending to her cattle.
(b) Looking into a crystal ball.
(c) Weaving lace.
(d) Playing on a harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
2. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
3. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
4. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)