|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A truce.
(b) A declaration of war.
(c) A surrender.
(d) A ceasefire.
2. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He is not physically strong.
(b) He takes too long to make decisions.
(c) He changes his strategy too often.
(d) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
3. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Marches them off to his camp.
(b) Decapitates them.
(c) Throws them into a pit.
(d) Laughs at them and rides off.
4. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(b) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
(c) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(d) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
5. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(b) Half of her herd of cattle.
(c) A hundred pounds of gold.
(d) Land south of the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
3. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
4. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
5. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)