|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
2. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(b) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(c) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(d) They can take him because they outnumber him.
3. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(b) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
(c) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
(d) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
4. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(b) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
5. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
(b) A short truce so she can move her troops.
(c) Supply her with more livestock.
(d) More space for her army's camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Laeg do for Cuchulain?
2. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
3. Why does the narrator say it would be boring to tell about every battle?
4. How did Uala die?
5. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)