|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(b) Brian Boru.
2. Who is Finnabair?
(a) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(b) Fergus's daughter.
(c) Medb's mother.
(d) Ailill's daughter.
3. How does Cuchulain kill Ferbaeth?
(a) He digs a hole for him to fall into.
(b) With poison.
(c) He sends someone else to do it.
(d) By accidentally throwing a stake behind him.
4. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(b) A hundred pounds of gold.
(c) Land south of the River Ouse.
(d) Half of her herd of cattle.
5. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
(b) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(c) The truce is renewed with changes.
(d) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Finnabair killed?
2. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
3. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
4. Why was Cyr chosen to fight Cuchulain?
5. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)