|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Laughs at them and rides off.
(b) Decapitates them.
(c) Throws them into a pit.
(d) Marches them off to his camp.
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(d) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
3. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He is not physically strong.
(b) He takes too long to make decisions.
(c) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(d) He changes his strategy too often.
4. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) Supply her with more livestock.
(b) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
(c) A short truce so she can move her troops.
(d) More space for her army's camp.
5. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
(a) Stealing livestock from the Irish.
(b) A plot.
(c) A feud.
(d) A business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
3. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
4. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
5. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)