|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He makes them into slaves.
(b) He takes them all prisoner.
(c) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(d) He ignores them - they are just kids.
2. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(b) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(c) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(d) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
3. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(c) Brian Boru.
4. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He looked very tired.
(c) He was very young.
(d) He looked very small and weak.
5. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) On his throne in his tent.
(b) On the top of a stone column.
(c) By a mountain.
(d) In his secret cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
2. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
3. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
5. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)