|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(b) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
(c) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
(d) The truce is renewed with changes.
2. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) A hundred pounds of gold.
(b) Land south of the River Ouse.
(c) Half of her herd of cattle.
(d) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
3. What are Munremar and Curoi involved in?
(a) A feud.
(b) Stealing livestock from the Irish.
(c) A business.
(d) A plot.
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(b) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(c) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(d) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
5. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(d) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
2. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
3. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
4. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
5. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)