|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She had made some excellent investments.
(b) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(c) She was a warrior queen.
(d) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
2. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
(b) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(c) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
(d) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
3. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(b) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(c) They were training for battle.
(d) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
4. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) With a slingshot.
(b) He throws a rock at it.
(c) He traps it with a net.
(d) He sends a cat after it.
5. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Finnabair?
2. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
3. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
4. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
5. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)