|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(b) He can lift three times his weight.
(c) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(b) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
(c) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(d) He stabs him with his sword.
3. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
(a) They named the land where they fell after them.
(b) They held special ceremonies every year.
(c) They built statues on the battlefields.
(d) They gave their widows gold.
4. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It turns ugly.
(b) It loses its muscular strength.
(c) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
(d) It turns into a wolf.
5. What does Forgemen do?
(a) He takes care of the other cattle of Cooley.
(b) He takes care of the great bull of Cooley.
(c) He negotiates everything between Medb and Cuchulain.
(d) He makes sure the armor is ready for the Irish fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
2. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
3. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
4. How many young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulan defeat the Irish?
5. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)