|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A surrender.
(b) A declaration of war.
(c) A truce.
(d) A ceasefire.
2. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
(b) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(c) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
(d) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
3. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a warrior queen.
(b) She had made some excellent investments.
(c) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(d) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
5. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) He has a magic spearlet.
(b) He has a magic slingshot.
(c) His warriors really do all the work.
(d) His druids cast battle spells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
2. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
3. How does the bull enter Medb's possession?
4. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
5. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)