|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) She was actually from Ulster.
(b) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(c) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
(d) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Marches them off to his camp.
(b) Throws them into a pit.
(c) Decapitates them.
(d) Laughs at them and rides off.
3. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Weaving lace.
(b) Playing on a harp.
(c) Tending to her cattle.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
4. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(b) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(c) He stabs him with his sword.
(d) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
5. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Ailill's daughter.
(b) Medb's mother.
(c) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(d) Fergus's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
2. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
4. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
5. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)