|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By offering him a bribe.
(d) By giving the man his sword.
2. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
(b) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
(c) She was actually from Ulster.
(d) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
3. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a warrior queen.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She had made some excellent investments.
(d) She was the widow of an Irish king.
4. Why does Cuchulain increase his killing as Medb moves into Ulster?
(a) They are increasing their numbers of warriors.
(b) They are taunting him and it angers him.
(c) They are reaching his own lands.
(d) He is nervous that they are getting stronger.
5. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(d) Brian Boru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
2. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
4. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)