|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(b) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
(c) The truce is renewed with changes.
(d) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
2. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
(a) Training new men for battle.
(b) Making deals with other kings to help him.
(c) Digging a tunnel from the other side.
(d) Following them and killing some of them.
3. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(b) He takes too long to make decisions.
(c) He changes his strategy too often.
(d) He is not physically strong.
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She had made some excellent investments.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(d) She was a warrior queen.
5. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
2. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
3. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
4. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
5. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)