|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) A short truce so she can move her troops.
(b) Supply her with more livestock.
(c) More space for her army's camp.
(d) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
2. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(b) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
(c) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
(d) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
3. How does the army get the cattle herd to trample Forgemen to death?
(a) They make him lie down in the cattle barn where the animals eat.
(b) They drive Forgemen and the cattle into a narrow valley.
(c) They tie Forgemen to a swinging gate and let the cattle through.
(d) They have the dogs round up the cattle where Forgemen sleeps on the ground.
4. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Medb's mother.
(b) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(c) Ailill's daughter.
(d) Fergus's daughter.
5. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(b) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(c) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
2. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
3. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
4. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
5. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)