|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(b) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(c) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(d) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
2. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(b) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(c) She is very nervous and afraid.
(d) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
3. What happens to Cuchulain's body when he becomes very angry about the actions of the Irish?
(a) It loses its muscular strength.
(b) It turns ugly.
(c) It becomes twice as strong as it was.
(d) It turns into a wolf.
4. Who finds the bull of Cooley?
(b) Brian Boru.
5. What does Ailill do about the marching boys of Ulster?
(a) He makes them into slaves.
(b) He ignores them - they are just kids.
(c) He sends his own men to destroy them.
(d) He takes them all prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
2. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
3. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)