|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(b) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(c) Steal the Irish livestock.
(d) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
2. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
(b) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(c) She was actually from Ulster.
(d) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
3. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He was very young.
(c) He looked very small and weak.
(d) He looked very tired.
4. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He takes too long to make decisions.
(b) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(c) He changes his strategy too often.
(d) He is not physically strong.
5. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
2. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
4. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
5. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)