|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(b) She had made some excellent investments.
(c) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(d) She was a warrior queen.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He throws a rock at it.
(b) He traps it with a net.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He sends a cat after it.
3. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
4. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Weaving lace.
(b) Looking into a crystal ball.
(c) Playing on a harp.
(d) Tending to her cattle.
5. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(b) They were training for battle.
(c) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(d) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
3. How did Uala die?
4. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
5. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)