|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(a) Kings and princes.
(d) Christian priests.
2. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A truce.
(b) A surrender.
(c) A ceasefire.
(d) A declaration of war.
3. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(b) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(c) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(d) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
4. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(b) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(c) He can lift three times his weight.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
2. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
3. What does Cuchulain do each night?
4. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
5. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)