|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(b) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
2. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He changes his strategy too often.
(b) He is not physically strong.
(c) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(d) He takes too long to make decisions.
3. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Playing on a harp.
(b) Tending to her cattle.
(c) Weaving lace.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
4. What does the spy find out?
(a) Medb is very discouraged and is planning a new strategy.
(b) Medb and Fergus are having an affair.
(c) Medb believes Ailill has turned against her.
(d) Medb has disappeared with the soldiers.
5. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(b) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(c) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(d) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
2. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
3. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
4. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)