|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
(a) They named the land where they fell after them.
(b) They gave their widows gold.
(c) They held special ceremonies every year.
(d) They built statues on the battlefields.
2. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(b) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(c) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(d) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
3. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(b) So they can make a plan to capture him.
(c) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(d) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She had made some excellent investments.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She was a warrior queen.
(d) She was the widow of an Irish king.
5. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A declaration of war.
(b) A ceasefire.
(c) A surrender.
(d) A truce.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
2. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
3. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
4. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
5. What does the spy find out?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)