|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(b) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(c) Raid Conchobar's castle.
(d) Destroy all the villages in the area.
2. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(c) He is allowed to go free.
(d) He is tied up and left on his own.
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(b) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(c) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(d) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
4. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
(a) Making deals with other kings to help him.
(b) Following them and killing some of them.
(c) Digging a tunnel from the other side.
(d) Training new men for battle.
5. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(b) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(c) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(d) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spy find out?
2. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
3. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
4. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
5. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)