|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(b) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(c) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(d) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
2. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(b) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(c) She was a warrior queen.
(d) She had made some excellent investments.
3. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
4. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A ceasefire.
(b) A declaration of war.
(c) A truce.
(d) A surrender.
5. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Throws them into a pit.
(b) Laughs at them and rides off.
(c) Marches them off to his camp.
(d) Decapitates them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
2. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
3. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
4. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
5. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)