|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He traps it with a net.
(b) He throws a rock at it.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He sends a cat after it.
2. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(b) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(c) Go around the mountain on foot.
(d) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
3. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
(a) They built statues on the battlefields.
(b) They gave their widows gold.
(c) They named the land where they fell after them.
(d) They held special ceremonies every year.
4. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It meant she was an adult woman.
(b) It meant she was related to the queen.
(c) It showed that she was a royal maid.
(d) It protected her from evil spirits.
5. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(b) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(c) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(d) Raid Conchobar's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
2. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
5. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)