|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
2. What does the spy find out?
(a) Medb has disappeared with the soldiers.
(b) Medb and Fergus are having an affair.
(c) Medb is very discouraged and is planning a new strategy.
(d) Medb believes Ailill has turned against her.
3. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Go around the mountain on foot.
(b) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(c) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(d) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Steal the Irish livestock.
(b) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(c) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(d) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(b) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
(c) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(d) He can lift three times his weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
5. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)