|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Throws them into a pit.
(b) Marches them off to his camp.
(c) Laughs at them and rides off.
(d) Decapitates them.
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(b) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(c) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(d) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
3. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(b) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
(c) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(d) He can lift three times his weight.
4. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(b) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(c) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(d) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
5. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(b) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(c) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(d) They can take him because they outnumber him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
2. What does Cuchulain do each night?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
4. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
5. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)