|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(b) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(c) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(d) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
2. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(b) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
(c) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
(d) She was actually from Ulster.
3. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(b) Brian Boru.
4. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(b) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
(c) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(d) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
5. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
(b) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
(c) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
(d) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
2. How did Uala die?
3. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
4. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
5. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)