|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(b) He takes too long to make decisions.
(c) He is not physically strong.
(d) He changes his strategy too often.
2. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(b) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(c) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(d) They were training for battle.
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
4. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She is very nervous and afraid.
(b) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(c) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(d) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
5. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Christian priests.
(d) Kings and princes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
2. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
5. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)