|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(b) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(c) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(d) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
2. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(b) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(c) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(d) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
3. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Go around the mountain on foot.
(b) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(c) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
(d) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
4. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(b) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(c) She is very nervous and afraid.
(d) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
5. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(d) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
2. What does the spy find out?
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
5. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)