|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(b) Steal the Irish livestock.
(c) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(d) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
2. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(b) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(c) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(d) She is very nervous and afraid.
3. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
(b) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
(c) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
(d) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
4. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(b) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(b) He can lift three times his weight.
(c) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
2. How did Uala die?
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
4. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
5. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)