|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(b) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(c) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(d) She is very nervous and afraid.
2. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(b) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(c) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(d) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
3. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She had made some excellent investments.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She was a warrior queen.
(d) She was the widow of an Irish king.
4. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
(b) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(c) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
(d) He can speak.
5. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
(b) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(c) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(d) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Uala die?
2. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
3. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
4. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
5. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)