|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(b) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
2. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
(b) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(c) Go around the mountain on foot.
(d) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
3. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Tending to her cattle.
(b) Playing on a harp.
(c) Weaving lace.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
4. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Marches them off to his camp.
(b) Throws them into a pit.
(c) Laughs at them and rides off.
(d) Decapitates them.
5. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(b) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
(c) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
(d) She was actually from Ulster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do each night?
2. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
3. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
4. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
5. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)