|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Dublin.
(b) At Fergus.
(c) At Cruachan.
(d) At Connacht.
2. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a warrior queen.
(b) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(c) She had made some excellent investments.
(d) She was the widow of an Irish king.
3. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
(b) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(c) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
(d) He can speak.
4. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Decapitates them.
(b) Throws them into a pit.
(c) Marches them off to his camp.
(d) Laughs at them and rides off.
5. What are the men of Ireland finally able to do after they finish the tunnel?
(a) Finish the tunnel and reach Ulster.
(b) Trap Cuchulain in a cave.
(c) Go around the mountain on foot.
(d) Cross the stream and take their supplies with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
2. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
3. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
4. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
5. What does Cuchulain do each night?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)