|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(b) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(c) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(d) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
2. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
(b) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(c) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(d) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
3. What is Cuchulain doing while the men of Ireland are tunneling?
(a) Digging a tunnel from the other side.
(b) Training new men for battle.
(c) Making deals with other kings to help him.
(d) Following them and killing some of them.
4. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(b) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(c) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(d) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
5. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He throws a rock at it.
(b) He sends a cat after it.
(c) He traps it with a net.
(d) With a slingshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
2. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
3. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
4. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
5. What does the spy find out?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)