|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(b) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(c) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(d) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
2. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(b) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(c) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
(d) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
3. What does the spy find out?
(a) Medb has disappeared with the soldiers.
(b) Medb is very discouraged and is planning a new strategy.
(c) Medb believes Ailill has turned against her.
(d) Medb and Fergus are having an affair.
4. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
(a) They held special ceremonies every year.
(b) They gave their widows gold.
(c) They named the land where they fell after them.
(d) They built statues on the battlefields.
5. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was a warrior queen.
(b) She had made some excellent investments.
(c) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(d) She was the widow of an Irish king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
2. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
4. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)