|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(b) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(c) The best way to find food for his own troops.
(d) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
2. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(c) Brian Boru.
3. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
(b) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(c) He stabs him with his sword.
(d) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
4. Why was it unusual that Cuchulain killed Lochi?
(a) The druids would punish him for killing an unarmed person.
(b) She was actually from Ulster.
(c) Mythic war heros rarely killed innocent women.
(d) He knew that this would truly anger the men of Ireland.
5. Why did Lochi wear a golden tiara?
(a) It meant she was an adult woman.
(b) It protected her from evil spirits.
(c) It meant she was related to the queen.
(d) It showed that she was a royal maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Uala die?
2. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
3. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
5. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)