|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(b) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(c) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
(d) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
2. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He is not physically strong.
(b) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(c) He changes his strategy too often.
(d) He takes too long to make decisions.
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(b) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(c) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(d) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
4. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Christian priests.
(c) Kings and princes.
5. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She is very nervous and afraid.
(b) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(c) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(d) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
3. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
4. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
5. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)