|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(d) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(b) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(c) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(d) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
3. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(b) He can lift three times his weight.
(c) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is allowed to go free.
(b) He is tied up and left on his own.
(c) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(d) He is killed.
5. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
2. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
3. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
5. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)