|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(b) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(c) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(d) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
2. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is allowed to go free.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(d) He is tied up and left on his own.
3. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(b) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(c) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(d) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
4. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(b) By giving the man his sword.
(c) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(d) By offering him a bribe.
5. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(b) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(c) They were training for battle.
(d) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
2. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
3. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
5. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)