|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(b) Brian Boru.
2. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(b) She is very nervous and afraid.
(c) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(d) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
3. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is a great speaker.
(c) He is a great warrior.
(d) He is considered a god.
4. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
(a) She was the widow of an Irish king.
(b) She was a warrior queen.
(c) She was a favorite daughter of a high king of Ireland.
(d) She had made some excellent investments.
5. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(b) He changes his strategy too often.
(c) He takes too long to make decisions.
(d) He is not physically strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
2. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
3. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
4. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
5. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)