|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(c) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(d) Their health.
2. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(b) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(c) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(d) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
3. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
4. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Kings and princes.
(c) Christian priests.
5. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(b) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
(c) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(d) So they can make a plan to capture him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
2. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
3. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)