|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(b) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) With a slingshot.
(b) He throws a rock at it.
(c) He traps it with a net.
(d) He sends a cat after it.
3. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(b) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(c) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(d) They can take him because they outnumber him.
4. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
5. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He is not physically strong.
(b) He changes his strategy too often.
(c) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(d) He takes too long to make decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
2. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
3. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
4. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
5. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)