|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(b) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(c) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(d) Raid Conchobar's castle.
2. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is considered a god.
(b) He is a great warrior.
(c) He is a teenager.
(d) He is a great speaker.
3. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He can speak.
(b) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
(c) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(d) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
4. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Cruachan.
(b) At Dublin.
(c) At Connacht.
(d) At Fergus.
5. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(b) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(c) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(d) She is very nervous and afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
2. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
3. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
5. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)