|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) Their health.
(d) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
2. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(b) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(c) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(d) The best way to find food for his own troops.
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(b) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(c) Raid Conchobar's castle.
(d) Surround Cooley and just wait.
4. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Kings and princes.
(c) Christian priests.
5. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(b) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
(c) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(d) They were training for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
3. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)