|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(b) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(c) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(d) She is very nervous and afraid.
2. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
(a) He is not physically strong.
(b) He wants to be top dog, no matter who suffers.
(c) He takes too long to make decisions.
(d) He changes his strategy too often.
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(b) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(c) Raid Conchobar's castle.
(d) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
4. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
5. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(b) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(c) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(d) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
2. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
4. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
5. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)