|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He traps it with a net.
(b) With a slingshot.
(c) He throws a rock at it.
(d) He sends a cat after it.
2. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
(a) They were deciding which men would be in each unit.
(b) They were waiting for a sign to go into battle.
(c) They were training for battle.
(d) They were waiting for supplies to arrive.
3. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(b) By giving the man his sword.
(c) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(d) By offering him a bribe.
4. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(b) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(c) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(d) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
5. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(b) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(c) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(d) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
2. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
3. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
4. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
5. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)