|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Connacht.
(b) At Cruachan.
(c) At Dublin.
(d) At Fergus.
2. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
3. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(b) He can lift three times his weight.
(c) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
(d) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
4. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
(a) They named the land where they fell after them.
(b) They held special ceremonies every year.
(c) They built statues on the battlefields.
(d) They gave their widows gold.
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(b) He is tied up and left on his own.
(c) He is allowed to go free.
(d) He is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
2. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
3. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
4. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
5. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)