|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their health.
(b) Their wealth.
(c) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(d) That Medb did not get along with her father.
2. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(b) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(c) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
(d) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
3. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
4. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(b) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(c) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(d) They can take him because they outnumber him.
5. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
2. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
3. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
4. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)