|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
2. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
(a) They gave their widows gold.
(b) They named the land where they fell after them.
(c) They held special ceremonies every year.
(d) They built statues on the battlefields.
3. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
(a) Surround Cooley and just wait.
(b) Divide into groups and look for the bull.
(c) Destroy all the villages in the area.
(d) Raid Conchobar's castle.
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(b) He is allowed to go free.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is tied up and left on his own.
5. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
(b) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(c) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(d) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
2. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
3. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
4. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
5. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)