|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(b) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(c) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(d) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
2. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Fergus.
(b) At Dublin.
(c) At Cruachan.
(d) At Connacht.
3. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(b) Brian Boru.
4. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(b) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(c) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(d) The best way to find food for his own troops.
5. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Kings and princes.
(d) Christian priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
3. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
4. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
5. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)