|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Christian priests.
(c) Kings and princes.
2. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(b) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(c) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(d) She is very nervous and afraid.
3. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(b) So they can make a plan to capture him.
(c) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(d) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
4. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(d) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
5. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(b) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
(c) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(d) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
4. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
5. Why was Medb a powerful person in her own right?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)