|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is allowed to go free.
(b) He is tied up and left on his own.
(c) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(d) He is killed.
2. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
3. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Christian priests.
(c) Kings and princes.
4. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(b) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
(c) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(d) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
2. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
4. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)