|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(b) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(c) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(d) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
2. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(b) She is very nervous and afraid.
(c) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
(d) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
3. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
4. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
(b) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(c) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(d) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
5. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(c) Brian Boru.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
2. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
3. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
4. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
5. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)