|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
2. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(b) Christian priests.
(d) Kings and princes.
3. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
(a) Weaving lace.
(b) Tending to her cattle.
(c) Playing on a harp.
(d) Looking into a crystal ball.
4. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(b) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(c) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(d) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
5. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(b) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(c) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(d) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
2. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
3. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
4. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
5. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)