|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
(a) She gives reasons why she isn't afraid of Conchobar.
(b) She says she doesn't trust Fedelm.
(c) She is very nervous and afraid.
(d) She tells Fedelm she doesn't believe in prophesies.
2. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
(d) Brian Boru.
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(b) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(c) The best way to find food for his own troops.
(d) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
4. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
5. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(a) Kings and princes.
(c) Christian priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
2. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
3. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
4. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
5. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)