|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Cuchulain?
(a) He is considered a god.
(b) He is a teenager.
(c) He is a great speaker.
(d) He is a great warrior.
2. What are Ailill and Medb talking about as they lie in their bed?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) That Ailill was a king before he married Medb.
(c) That Medb did not get along with her father.
(d) Their health.
3. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
4. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
(b) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(c) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(d) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is tied up and left on his own.
(c) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(d) He is allowed to go free.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men of Ireland and Ulster honor the men who died in battle?
2. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
3. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
4. Why were the men of Ireland waiting around for two weeks?
5. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)