|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king decide to recognize young Cuchulain as a great warrior?
(a) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill his livestock.
(b) If he doesn't, Cuchulain has threatened to kill him.
(c) If he doesn't, Cuchulain's father will take his land.
(d) If he doesn't, Cuchulain will kill all the boys in the kingdom.
2. Medb wants to borrow Dari of Cooley's bull for a year. What deal does MacRoth the Messenger offer Dari?
(a) She will return the bull and give him a chariot.
(b) She will keep the bull, but give him her friendship and protection.
(c) She will return the bull and give him fifty heifers.
(d) She will return the bull and give him a lot of land.
3. How does Cuchulain kill Medb's pet bird?
(a) He sends a cat after it.
(b) He traps it with a net.
(c) With a slingshot.
(d) He throws a rock at it.
4. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Dublin.
(b) At Cruachan.
(c) At Connacht.
(d) At Fergus.
5. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(b) So they can make a plan to capture him.
(c) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
(d) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
2. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
3. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
4. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)