|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Slaying of Ferbaeth | The Combat of Larini MacNois.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
(b) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
(c) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
(d) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
2. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A declaration of war.
(b) A ceasefire.
(c) A surrender.
(d) A truce.
3. Ferbaeth is next in line to fight Cuchulain. What is his relationship to Cuchulain?
(a) He is his cousin.
(b) He is his physician.
(c) He is his foster brother.
(d) He is his personal assistant.
4. The Crutti Cainbilli were not ordinary men at all. What were they?
(a) Christian priests.
(d) Kings and princes.
5. Why is Fergus chosen to be the spokesman with the powerful men of Ulster?
(a) He has been an advisor to all the powerful men of Ulster.
(b) He is the only one who speaks their language well.
(c) He was an Ulster king himself before Conchobar drove him out.
(d) He is Conchobar's brother and knows how to handle him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
2. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
3. Why is Cuchulain sad about fighting Ferbaeth?
4. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
5. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)