|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Munremar and Curoi | The Slaughter of the Boy Troop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bull of Cooley?
2. Why does Medb want her men to tunnel through the mountain?
(a) She wants to leave a scar on the land of Ulster.
(b) She has to kill a lot of time before the battle.
(c) She thinks it's a good way to hide from Cuchulain.
(d) She thinks tunnels are lucky.
3. Due to Munremar and Curoi's activities, what does Medb ask Cuchulain to do?
(a) A short truce so she can move her troops.
(b) Supply her with more livestock.
(c) More space for her army's camp.
(d) Give her money to pay her soldiers.
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is allowed to go free.
(c) He is tied up and left on his own.
(d) He joins Cuchulain's men.
5. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(b) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(c) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(d) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Uala die?
2. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
3. What fraction of the young boys of Ulster march off to help Cuchulain defeat the Irish?
4. The stories about Cuchulain show that he has amazing abilities but he also has a flaw. What is it?
5. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)