Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harrying of Cooley | The Proposals.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing the three stories about Cuchulain's youth, what do they Irishmen think?
(a) They will have to fight a very strong battle to defeat him.
(b) They can take him because they outnumber him.
(c) They think the stories were made up just to scare them.
(d) They know the storytellers are exaggerating.
2. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(b) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(c) Steal the Irish livestock.
(d) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
3. What does the spy find out?
(a) Medb is very discouraged and is planning a new strategy.
(b) Medb believes Ailill has turned against her.
(c) Medb and Fergus are having an affair.
(d) Medb has disappeared with the soldiers.
4. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
(a) So they can cancel the battle and go home.
(b) So they are prepared to deal with a powerful threat.
(c) So they can bring in more men to fight.
(d) So they can make a plan to capture him.
5. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
(a) At Connacht.
(b) At Dublin.
(c) At Fergus.
(d) At Cruachan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
2. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
4. The men of Ireland set off to Ulster. When they get to Cooley, what do they do?
5. How does Medb react to Fedelm's prophecy of a bloody battle?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)