Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Combat of Lethan and Cuchulain | The Killing of the Squirrel and of the Tame Bird.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of five, how does Cuchulain show he has special abilities?
(a) He fought off 150 other boys with his bare hands and toys.
(b) He helps Conchobar with his battle strategy.
(c) He can lift three times his weight.
(d) He can memorize his lessons in only minutes.
2. What is one of the bull of Cooley's special powers?
(a) He can speak.
(b) He breeds with heifers who always have twins.
(c) He breeds with heifers who give birth the next day.
(d) He is so large he can kill three men with one step.
3. What did the Crutti Cainbili turn into after they ran away from the men of Ireland?
4. What does the narrator tell the reader at the end of "The Foretelling"?
(a) The introduction is over and the body of the story is next.
(b) That the story will be lost forever if not spoken aloud.
(c) That the narrator was Medb's personal bodyguard.
(d) That the introduction was just a dream sequence.
5. Dari accepts Medb's offer. After the feast to celebrate, he changes his mind. Why?
(a) He overhears a drunken man say they'd have taken the bull by force anyway.
(b) At the drunken feast, he is treated disrespectfully by Medb's men.
(c) He realizes he needs the bull in order to stay wealthy.
(d) He believes Medb has lied to him about her plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cuchulain had another name before he took the name Cuchulain. What was it?
2. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
3. Why does Fergus take the time to tell the Irishmen about Cuchulain's youthful exploits?
4. Fedelm is a prophet. What is she doing when Medb meets her for the first time?
5. Where did Medb and Ailill's neighboring kings' men gather?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)