|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(b) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(c) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(d) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
2. Who is Finnabair?
(a) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(b) Fergus's daughter.
(c) Ailill's daughter.
(d) Medb's mother.
3. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
(a) In disguise as a farmer.
(b) As a Druid.
(c) In his normal clothes.
(d) In his full battle gear.
4. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white bird.
(b) As a white cow.
(c) As a white cat.
(d) As a white horse.
5. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) The Druids have no fighting skills.
(b) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
(c) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(d) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
2. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
3. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
5. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)