|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(b) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(c) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(d) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
2. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(b) Kill Dubthach.
(c) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(d) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(b) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(c) The best way to find food for his own troops.
(d) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
4. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) His druids cast battle spells.
(b) He has a magic spearlet.
(c) His warriors really do all the work.
(d) He has a magic slingshot.
5. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By offering him a bribe.
(d) By giving the man his sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
2. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
4. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
5. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)