|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
(b) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
(c) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(d) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
2. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
(a) Binds herself around his arms.
(b) Slithers under his armor and tickles him.
(c) Binds herself around his feet.
(d) Scares him so he drops his shield.
3. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
4. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
(a) He kills some soldiers with his slingshot.
(b) He makes plans to capture Medb.
(c) He takes one hundred soldiers prisoner.
(d) He captures and tortures Medb's beloved dog.
5. Who is Finnabair?
(a) Fergus's daughter.
(b) Ailill's daughter.
(c) Medb's mother.
(d) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
3. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
5. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)