|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Finnabair?
(a) A prophetess who Cuchulain has killed.
(b) Medb's mother.
(c) Fergus's daughter.
(d) Ailill's daughter.
2. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He stabs him with his sword.
(b) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(c) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
(d) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
3. Why is Finnabair killed?
(a) She tries to kill Cuchulain herself.
(b) She lies to Cuchulain about Medb.
(c) She is not beautiful enough to be Cuchulain's bride.
(d) Cochulain catches on to a trick Ailill tries to pull on him.
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(b) He is allowed to go free.
(c) He is tied up and left on his own.
(d) He is killed.
5. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(b) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(c) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(d) Steal the Irish livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
2. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
3. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
4. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
5. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)