|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(b) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
2. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Half of her herd of cattle.
(b) Land south of the River Ouse.
(c) A hundred pounds of gold.
(d) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
3. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(b) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(c) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(d) They think he is ugly.
4. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is allowed to go free.
(c) He is tied up and left on his own.
(d) He joins Cuchulain's men.
5. What does the spy find out?
(a) Medb has disappeared with the soldiers.
(b) Medb and Fergus are having an affair.
(c) Medb is very discouraged and is planning a new strategy.
(d) Medb believes Ailill has turned against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
2. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
3. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
4. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
5. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)