|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
(b) The truce is renewed with changes.
(c) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
(d) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
2. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
(b) The best way to find food for his own troops.
(c) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(d) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
3. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
(a) Pull his spear out of Loch's chest.
(b) Stop all the battles and make peace.
(c) Kill Loch's second-in-command.
(d) Step backward so Loch can fall forward.
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
(b) Steal the Irish livestock.
(c) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(d) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
5. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(b) A hundred pounds of gold.
(c) Land south of the River Ouse.
(d) Half of her herd of cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
2. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
3. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
4. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
5. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)