|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Half of her herd of cattle.
(b) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(c) A hundred pounds of gold.
(d) Land south of the River Ouse.
2. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
(a) He takes one hundred soldiers prisoner.
(b) He makes plans to capture Medb.
(c) He kills some soldiers with his slingshot.
(d) He captures and tortures Medb's beloved dog.
3. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
(a) Stop all the battles and make peace.
(b) Step backward so Loch can fall forward.
(c) Kill Loch's second-in-command.
(d) Pull his spear out of Loch's chest.
4. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(d) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
5. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(b) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
(c) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(d) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Finnabair?
2. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
3. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
4. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
5. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)