|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) The truce is renewed with changes.
(b) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(c) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
(d) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
2. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
(a) He is tied up and left on his own.
(b) He joins Cuchulain's men.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is allowed to go free.
3. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(b) Join Dubthach in his plot.
(c) Kill Dubthach.
(d) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
4. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They think he is ugly.
(b) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(c) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(d) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
5. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white cow.
(b) As a white cat.
(c) As a white horse.
(d) As a white bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
2. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
3. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
4. Why is Finnabair killed?
5. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)