|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
(a) Marches them off to his camp.
(b) Decapitates them.
(c) Laughs at them and rides off.
(d) Throws them into a pit.
2. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(b) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
(c) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
(d) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
(a) The quickest way to get to Dublin.
(b) Where the Irish troops are hiding.
(c) The best way to find food for his own troops.
(d) Which tent Medb and Ailill are sleeping in.
4. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
(a) Binds herself around his arms.
(b) Slithers under his armor and tickles him.
(c) Scares him so he drops his shield.
(d) Binds herself around his feet.
5. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(d) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
2. What does the spy find out?
3. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
4. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
5. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)