|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white cow.
(b) As a white horse.
(c) As a white cat.
(d) As a white bird.
2. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Half of her herd of cattle.
(b) Land south of the River Ouse.
(c) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(d) A hundred pounds of gold.
3. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(b) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(c) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
(d) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
4. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) The Druids have no fighting skills.
(b) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
(c) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(d) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
5. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
(a) He killed a herd of deer in front of him.
(b) He stole his wife away from him.
(c) He told him he had put a curse on his family.
(d) He wore a pretend beard to look older.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
2. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
3. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
4. What does Cuchulain do each night?
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)