|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
(a) Scares him so he drops his shield.
(b) Binds herself around his arms.
(c) Slithers under his armor and tickles him.
(d) Binds herself around his feet.
2. How does the fairy Morrigan first disguise herself in battle with Cuchulain?
(a) As a white cow.
(b) As a white bird.
(c) As a white horse.
(d) As a white cat.
3. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(b) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(c) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(d) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
4. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
(a) He sends a spy to see what Medb and Fergus are doing.
(b) He ambushes a group of Cuchalain's men.
(c) He gets lost on the unfamiliar road.
(d) He stops and camps for a while because he is ill.
5. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
(b) The truce is renewed with changes.
(c) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(d) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spy find out?
2. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
3. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
4. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
5. What does Cuchulain have on each hand and foot?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)