|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
(b) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
(c) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(d) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
2. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
(a) He takes one hundred soldiers prisoner.
(b) He captures and tortures Medb's beloved dog.
(c) He makes plans to capture Medb.
(d) He kills some soldiers with his slingshot.
3. What is the result of Finnabair's death?
(a) Fergus goes over to Cuchulain's side.
(b) The truce is renewed with changes.
(c) Ailill and Medb agree there will be no truce with Cuchulain.
(d) Medb offers Cuchulain one of her daughters as a bride.
4. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
(a) Binds herself around his arms.
(b) Binds herself around his feet.
(c) Scares him so he drops his shield.
(d) Slithers under his armor and tickles him.
5. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kill Dubthach.
(b) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(c) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(d) Join Dubthach in his plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
2. When Loch is dying, what does he beg Cuchulain to do?
3. Why is Finnabair killed?
4. When Medb met Cuchulain she scoffed at him. Why?
5. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)