|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
(a) Half of her herd of cattle.
(b) A hundred pounds of gold.
(c) Her niece as a bride for Cuchulain.
(d) Land south of the River Ouse.
2. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(d) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
3. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
(a) His wife told him Cuchulain was rude to her.
(b) His wife is enamored of Cuchulain.
(c) Cuchulain forced his sons to join his army.
(d) Cuchulain tried to kidnap his wife.
4. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
(b) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(c) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
(d) The Druids have no fighting skills.
5. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) His warriors really do all the work.
(b) His druids cast battle spells.
(c) He has a magic spearlet.
(d) He has a magic slingshot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
2. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
3. What does the spy find out?
4. Why is Finnabair killed?
5. What does Cuchulain do to the three MacArach men?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)