|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Medb break an agreement by sending six Druids to fight Cuchulain?
(a) Religious men should not fight Cuchulain.
(b) The Druids have no fighting skills.
(c) Only one man at a time should fight Cuchulain.
(d) Cuchulain will kill all her relatives if she does this.
2. How does Cuchulain convince Loch that he should fight him?
(a) He wore a pretend beard to look older.
(b) He stole his wife away from him.
(c) He told him he had put a curse on his family.
(d) He killed a herd of deer in front of him.
3. What does Cuchulain propose by saying he won't kill the men anymore if he gets food and water each day?
(a) A surrender.
(b) A truce.
(c) A ceasefire.
(d) A declaration of war.
4. How do the Irish woman react to Cuchulain's appearance?
(a) They can't see him - he is invisible to women.
(b) They ask the soldiers to lift them up to see him.
(c) They won't look at him because he is their enemy.
(d) They think he is ugly.
5. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
(a) Set up camps for the men of Ireland.
(b) Plan a strategy to attack Cuchulain's men.
(c) Bury the heads of the slain frontrunners.
(d) Fix the chariots destroyed the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cuchulain appear to the woman and civilians traveling with the army?
2. Dubthach of Ulster is angry with Cuchulain. Why?
3. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
4. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
5. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)