|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the battle begins, what does Cuchulain see that shocks him?
(a) The bodies of hundreds of his slain warriors.
(b) Medb and Ailill marching towards him.
(c) Thousands of chariots lined up for battle.
(d) The trees in the valley have been chopped down.
2. What does Cuchulain do each night?
(a) Tell stories and poems of his great victories.
(b) Kill one hundred of the Irish.
(c) Steal the Irish livestock.
(d) Set fires around the camps of the Irish.
3. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is very long.
(b) He is almost bald.
(c) It is three different colors.
(d) It is worn in a ponytail.
4. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) His warriors really do all the work.
(b) His druids cast battle spells.
(c) He has a magic spearlet.
(d) He has a magic slingshot.
5. How does Cuchulain get his revenge on Medb for sending six Druids to fight him?
(a) He kills some soldiers with his slingshot.
(b) He makes plans to capture Medb.
(c) He takes one hundred soldiers prisoner.
(d) He captures and tortures Medb's beloved dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Finnabair?
2. Cuchulain comes across one of the men of Ireland. What does he help him do?
3. What did Cuchulain get the man of Ireland to tell him?
4. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
5. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)