|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Account of the Appearance of Cuchulain | Dubthach's Jealousy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Medb and Ailill think is responsible for Cuchulain's success in battle?
(a) He has a magic slingshot.
(b) His druids cast battle spells.
(c) His warriors really do all the work.
(d) He has a magic spearlet.
2. Dubthach plots to capture Cuchulain. What does Fergus do?
(a) Kill Dubthach.
(b) Tells Cuchulain what Dubthach is doing.
(c) Kick Dubthach out of the camp.
(d) Join Dubthach in his plot.
3. What is unusual about Cuchulain's hair?
(a) It is very long.
(b) He is almost bald.
(c) It is worn in a ponytail.
(d) It is three different colors.
4. How does Cuchulain kill Mani, Medb and Ailill's son?
(a) He tricks him into retreating and his men kill him.
(b) He creates a flood and Mani drowns in it.
(c) He stabs him with his sword.
(d) He traps him in a wooded area and kills him.
5. How does Cuchulain trick the man of Ireland into telling him what he wants to know?
(a) By offering him a bribe.
(b) By pretending to be a holy druid.
(c) By saying he would never kill an unarmed man.
(d) By giving the man his sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medb offer Cuchulain if he will stop killing her men?
2. In her second disguise, Morrigan is an eel. What does she do to Cuchulain in battle?
3. After Redg the Satirist is killed, how many men do Medb and Ailill send to battle with Cuchulain?
4. Medb and Ailill split into two groups. What does Ailill then do?
5. What is the result of the man of Ireland's dealing with Cuchulain?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)