|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(b) Cattle guts.
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(b) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(c) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(d) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
3. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
(b) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
(c) He is pushed off a cliff.
(d) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
4. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A thick fur.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A piece of leather.
(d) A shield.
5. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
(b) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(c) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(d) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
2. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
3. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
4. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)