|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(b) They fought by biting each other.
(c) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(d) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
2. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(b) Cattle guts.
3. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Five times as many.
(b) Three times as many.
(c) Ten times as many.
(d) Twice as many.
4. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
(a) As an old woman herding sheep.
(b) As an old woman smoking a pipe.
(c) As an old woman milking a cow.
(d) As an old woman mending clothes.
5. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
(a) To heal his wounds.
(b) To increase his strength.
(c) To give him the power to see the future.
(d) To give him superhuman eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
2. How does Cethern get killed?
3. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
4. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
5. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)