|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(b) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(c) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
2. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(d) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
3. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(b) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
(c) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
(d) Lead the Irish army away from him.
4. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(b) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(c) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(d) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
5. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A shield.
(c) A thick fur.
(d) A piece of leather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
2. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
3. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
4. How does Cethern get killed?
5. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)