|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(b) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(c) Send one hundred men to fight him.
(d) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
2. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(b) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(c) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
3. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
(b) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
(c) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(d) Lead the Irish army away from him.
4. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(b) He is pushed off a cliff.
(c) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
(d) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
5. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
2. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
3. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
4. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
5. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)