|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She cries in grief.
(b) She screams in rage.
(c) She kills Fergus.
(d) She surrenders and starts for home.
2. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
(b) He is pushed off a cliff.
(c) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(d) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
3. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Three times as many.
(b) Five times as many.
(c) Ten times as many.
(d) Twice as many.
4. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(b) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
(c) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(d) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They fought by biting each other.
(b) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(c) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(d) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
2. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
3. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
4. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
5. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)