|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
(b) He is injured and fears for his life.
(c) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(d) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
2. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
(a) Lead the Irish army away from him.
(b) Hide Cuchulain in his secret cave.
(c) Fight the Irish while Cuchulain rests and gets better.
(d) Tell him all the secrets his knows about the Irish battle strategy.
3. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(b) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(c) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(d) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
4. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
(a) As an old woman milking a cow.
(b) As an old woman smoking a pipe.
(c) As an old woman mending clothes.
(d) As an old woman herding sheep.
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(b) They fought by biting each other.
(c) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(d) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cethern get killed?
2. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
3. What does Cuchulain pray for Morrigan?
4. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
5. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)