|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(b) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(c) They fought by biting each other.
(d) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
2. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(b) To surrender.
(c) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(d) To kill only one man at a time.
3. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Twice as many.
(b) Five times as many.
(c) Three times as many.
(d) Ten times as many.
4. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) He is injured and fears for his life.
(b) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
(c) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(d) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
5. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
(a) Etarcumul is too young to fight.
(b) Etarcumul came with Fergus who Cuchulain calls his foster-father.
(c) He believes Etarcumul is his own brother.
(d) Cuchulain is afraid he would lose and die himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
2. How does Cethern get killed?
3. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
4. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
5. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)