|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To kill only one man at a time.
(b) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(c) To surrender.
(d) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
2. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
(a) Send a spy to find out where Cuchulain is.
(b) Plot with Ailill to offer Cuchulain her daughter.
(c) Send Druids out to find Morrigan.
(d) Send one hundred men to fight him.
3. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
(a) She kills Fergus.
(b) She surrenders and starts for home.
(c) She screams in rage.
(d) She cries in grief.
4. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(b) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(c) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(d) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
5. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
(a) To give him superhuman eyesight.
(b) To increase his strength.
(c) To heal his wounds.
(d) To give him the power to see the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
2. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
3. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
4. Etarcumul declares he will kill Cuchulain. Why does Cuchulain refuse to fight him?
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)