|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
(a) Twice as many.
(b) Five times as many.
(c) Three times as many.
(d) Ten times as many.
2. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(b) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(c) They fought by biting each other.
(d) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
3. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) He is pushed off a cliff.
(b) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
(c) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
(d) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
4. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
(a) By a mountain.
(b) In his secret cave.
(c) On his throne in his tent.
(d) On the top of a stone column.
5. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
(a) It still has a huge numbers of soldiers.
(b) He wants to make peace and it doesn't.
(c) He has sworn to kill them all but can't do it.
(d) He is injured and fears for his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
2. What do Cethern's wounds tell?
3. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
4. Why does the fairy put magical herbs on Cuchulain while he sleeps?
5. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)