|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(b) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(c) They fought by biting each other.
(d) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
2. How does Cethern get killed?
(a) He is drowned in a vat of cattle blood.
(b) Ailill's son lures him into a ring of armed men.
(c) He is pushed off a cliff.
(d) Medb ties him up and leaves him to die.
3. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
(b) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
(c) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(d) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
4. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
5. What does Cethern soak in for three days?
(d) Cattle guts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Medb do while Cuchulain is with Morrigan?
2. What does Cethern have on his stomach to keep his organs inside?
3. Where does Cuchulain sit waiting for Nathcrantrail to return?
4. What is Medb's reaction to Etarcumul's death?
5. What does Cuchulain pray for Morrigan?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)