|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cethern's Bloody Wounds | The Tooth-Fight of Fintan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus get Cuchulain to agree to?
(a) To surrender.
(b) To give Medb and Ailill some of the lands of Ulster.
(c) To train Etarcumul as a warrior.
(d) To kill only one man at a time.
2. Who does Fergus send to tell Cuchulain that he should never be caught running from battle?
3. Why does Nathcrantail tell Medb that Cuchulain is a coward?
(a) Cuchulain ran away from Nathcrantail when he saw him coming.
(b) Cuchulain would not talk to anyone without ten bodyguards.
(c) Cuchulain threw down his sword at Nathcrantail's feet.
(d) Cuchulain ran after a flock of birds.
4. How does Morrigan disguise herself when she sees Cuchulain coming?
(a) As an old woman milking a cow.
(b) As an old woman smoking a pipe.
(c) As an old woman herding sheep.
(d) As an old woman mending clothes.
5. Why did the Irish name the site of the battle the Tooth-Fight?
(a) The bodies of the men were jaw-locked with one another.
(b) They were said to have fought "tooth and nail".
(c) They used teeth of wild animals as their talismans.
(d) They fought by biting each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cuchulain pray for Morrigan?
2. Cethern's father, Fintan, brings a hundred and fifty men with him. How many Irish do they kill?
3. What does the fairy warrior offer to do for Cuchulain?
4. As Cuchulain watches the Irish army march south to Ulster, why does Cuchulain grow angry with the Irish army?
5. How does Cethern get killed?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)