|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Elaine like memorizing psalms for Sunday School?
(a) Yes, she enjoys memorizing psalms.
(b) No, she hates memorizing them and never does.
(c) Yes, but she likes them but can never remember them.
(d) No, she dislikes them but memorizes them anyway.
2. What does Elaine's mother tell her to do?
(a) Pretend everything is okay.
(b) Ignore the other girls.
(c) Avoid the other girls.
(d) Stand up for herself.
3. What does Elaine stop to eat downtown at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A bagel.
4. What does Elaine keep in her pocket for protection?
(a) A polished stone.
(b) A cat's eye marble.
(c) A fly trapped in amber.
(d) A wilted daisy.
5. Why does Elaine lie about the number of Valentines she got?
(a) She got more than her friends.
(b) She got less than her friends.
(c) She got none.
(d) She got only one, from her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Elaine color differently with her friends than with her brother?
2. Elaine thinks that others consider people in her profession to be:
3. What does Elaine notice about the boys and girls at Tortonto's shopping centers?
4. How did Elaine feel about coming to her art retrospective?
5. Who does Elaine pray to instead of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elaine feel toward her ex-husband when she meets him again?
2. How does Elaine react to the other girls' bullying?
3. Who does Elaine believe she sees when she comes out of the cold water?
4. How does Elaine react whenever someone asks her for money?
5. How does Elaine feel when she attributes her feelings to Cordelia, instead of to herself?
6. Why doesn't Charna want Elaine to be in the gallery when people begin arriving for the art retrospective?
7. What is Elaine's opinion of Susie, in her art class?
8. Why do Jon and Elaine get married?
9. How does Elaine feel when she sees her old school doesn't exist anymore?
10. What view did Elaine have of Toronto as a child?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)