|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Elaine feel about coming to her art retrospective?
(a) She didn't want to go.
(b) She wanted to go, but only stay for one day.
(c) She was thrilled and couldn't wait to leave.
(d) She was excited about going but worried about the expense.
2. What part of the narrator's body is bloodied?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) Her wrists.
(d) Her knee.
3. What does Elaine's mother tell her to do?
(a) Ignore the other girls.
(b) Pretend everything is okay.
(c) Avoid the other girls.
(d) Stand up for herself.
4. What does Elaine stop to eat downtown at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) A bagel.
(c) A sandwich.
5. What does the narrator say she's not ready to give up, even at fifty, though it's a nuisance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What trick does Elaine begin using to get out of situations she doesn't like?
2. Does Elaine know the Santa Claus in the parade is not the real Santa?
3. How old is the narrator in the book's first flashback?
4. What does the narrator compare time to?
5. What shape is the hole Cordelia begins to dig in the back yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the art retrospective, what does Elaine wish she could ask Cordelia?
2. What makes Elaine feel out of place when she first goes to the art exhibit?
3. What does Elaine remember about her birthday after the incident with the hole?
4. How does the narrator seem to feel about Cordelia during the first chapter of the novel?
5. How does Elaine think of killing herself?
6. What is Elaine's attitude toward marriage while she is dating Josef?
7. How does Elaine feel about boys in eleventh grade?
8. Why do Jon and Elaine get married?
9. How does Elaine describe her marriage to Jon?
10. How does Elaine react whenever someone asks her for money?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)