|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine buy for the art exhibit?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A new purse.
(c) A new dress.
(d) New gloves.
2. Does Elaine like memorizing psalms for Sunday School?
(a) No, she hates memorizing them and never does.
(b) Yes, but she likes them but can never remember them.
(c) Yes, she enjoys memorizing psalms.
(d) No, she dislikes them but memorizes them anyway.
3. Who offered Elaine a place to stay in Toronto?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her former teacher.
(d) Her cousin.
4. What is the name of the new friend that Elaine makes?
5. Does Elaine like the gallery where her art is exhibited?
(a) Yes, she likes it immediately.
(b) Yes, she begins to like it after a while.
(c) No, she doesn't like the environment.
(d) No, she doesn't like the street it's on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Elaine color differently with her friends than with her brother?
2. Who does Elaine pray to instead of God?
3. In the present time, where does the narrator look as she walks down the street?
4. What does Elaine's mother tell her to do?
5. What are the girls playing when they put Elaine into the hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Throughout the novel, who does Elaine think she sees in crowds or around town?
2. How does Elaine react whenever someone asks her for money?
3. What does Carol look like?
4. How does Josef react to Susie's injury?
5. What gives Elaine a reprieve from the other girls' tormenting?
6. What habit does Elaine develop because of Cordelia's bullying?
7. Why doesn't Charna want Elaine to be in the gallery when people begin arriving for the art retrospective?
8. What makes Elaine feel out of place when she first goes to the art exhibit?
9. How does Elaine's mother greet her after she comes out of the cold water?
10. How does Elaine try to frighten Cordelia in tenth grade?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)