|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Elaine like memorizing psalms for Sunday School?
(a) Yes, she enjoys memorizing psalms.
(b) Yes, but she likes them but can never remember them.
(c) No, she hates memorizing them and never does.
(d) No, she dislikes them but memorizes them anyway.
2. What adjective best describes the narrator and Cordelia on the streetcar?
3. How does Elaine feel about the boys?
(a) As if they are always watching her.
(b) As if they are on her side.
(c) As if she wants to hide from them.
(d) As if they are out to get her.
4. At the store, what does someone try to steal from Elaine?
(a) Her wallet.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her package.
(d) Her watch.
5. As a young girl, what does Elaine collect?
(a) Pins with different colored heads.
(b) Silver paper from cigarette packs.
(c) Stones from each place she visits.
(d) Gum wrappers and paper clips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls make with weed flowers, nightshade berries, leaves, and horse chestnuts?
2. Who offered Elaine a place to stay in Toronto?
3. The narrator thinks of time as having a what?
4. Where do Elaine and her friends watch the Christmas parade from?
5. Who do the little girls from Elaine's memories remind her of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Stephen dies.
2. At the art retrospective, what does Elaine wish she could ask Cordelia?
3. How does Cordelia act when Elaine's father comes to check on the girls watching the parade?
4. How does Elaine react whenever someone asks her for money?
5. How does Elaine feel about boys in eleventh grade?
6. How does Elaine feel about the woman who models for her first nude female drawing?
7. How does Elaine feel about playing with the other girls?
8. How does Elaine feel when she first meets Cordelia?
9. How does Elaine react to Jon's ex-girlfriend's anger?
10. How does Elaine feel when she attributes her feelings to Cordelia, instead of to herself?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)