|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Elaine turn soon after the incident with the hole?
2. Why does Elaine stop reciting the prayers at church?
(a) Because she can't forgive Mrs. Smeath.
(b) Because she hates Cordelia's God.
(c) Because she's in too much pain.
(d) Because she can't remember the words to the prayers.
3. What is strange about the girls' seating arrangements at the parade?
(a) All of the girls sit low, where they can't see.
(b) The girls stand on their seats.
(c) None of the girls sits near Elaine.
(d) All of the girls sit around Elain so Elain can't see.
4. What does Cordelia do after Elaine is sick from being in the cold water?
(a) She sends Elaine a card to apologize, and Elaine can't tell if it's sincere.
(b) She feels truly sorry and gives Elaine a gift.
(c) She makes an apology she doesn't mean.
(d) She refuses to apologize, although she gets in trouble.
5. What store does Elaine go to?
(a) Simpson's Department Store.
(b) Barbie's Candy Store.
(c) Kitty's Kite Shop.
(d) Johnson's Hardware.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator in the book's first flashback?
2. What do the girls make with weed flowers, nightshade berries, leaves, and horse chestnuts?
3. How did Elaine feel about coming to her art retrospective?
4. What does Elaine notice about the boys and girls at Tortonto's shopping centers?
5. Where does Mrs. Smeath ask Elaine to go with her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator imagine Cordelia inside of?
2. In the last chapter, what does Elaine realize about the day she fell into the ravine?
3. How does Elaine feel about the women she talks to at the art retrospective?
4. How does Elaine try to frighten Cordelia in tenth grade?
5. How does Elaine behave during the interview?
6. Throughout the novel, who does Elaine think she sees in crowds or around town?
7. What gives Elaine a reprieve from the other girls' tormenting?
8. What is Stephen worried about, when Elaine goes to high school?
9. In the present time what does Elaine think of Toronto?
10. What does Elaine imagine will happen the day a famous figure is scheduled to come down her street in Toronto?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)