|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new friend that Elaine makes?
2. The narrator thinks of time as having a what?
3. What is Cordelia digging a hole for?
(a) A dollhouse.
(b) A clubhouse.
(c) A racetrack.
(d) A swimming pool.
4. What has someone drawn on the poster for her art exhibit that Elaine sees?
(a) A mustache.
(b) An atomic explosion.
(c) The word "Run!"
(d) A stick figure.
5. Why does Elaine think Carol is a sissy?
(a) Carol thinks Elaine's father's lab is gross.
(b) Carol won't fight with Elaine.
(c) Carol won't stand up for herself with the other kids.
(d) Carol won't get her fancy dress dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two women Elaine hears talking about her at the Smeath house call her?
2. What is Elaine's favorite color?
3. What famous figure is coming to Toronto?
4. What starts to happen to Elaine when her family is on its summer trip?
5. When Elaine dreams of Toronto, where is she?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Elaine feel out of place when she first goes to the art exhibit?
2. How does Elaine think of killing herself?
3. How does the narrator seem to feel about Cordelia during the first chapter of the novel?
4. How does Elaine feel when she first meets Cordelia?
5. What is Elaine's opinion of Susie, in her art class?
6. What lie does Elaine tell to cover her suicide attempt, and why?
7. What is Elaine's attitude toward marriage while she is dating Josef?
8. How does Elaine feel about the woman who models for her first nude female drawing?
9. What is Elaine's attitude about sleeping with her ex-husband, Jon?
10. Who does Elaine believe she sees when she comes out of the cold water?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)