|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girls stare at Elaine from as she walks home from school?
(a) The bridge.
(b) A car.
(c) The gazebo.
(d) A horse pasture.
2. In the present time, where does the narrator look as she walks down the street?
(a) Up at the sky.
(b) At the women's clothes and hair.
(c) Into all the shop windows.
(d) At the sidewalk.
3. What careers do Elaine's daughters have?
(a) Teacher and lawyer.
(b) Librarian and scientist.
(c) Architect and dentist.
(d) Accountant and doctor.
4. What adjective did people use to describe Toronto in the past?
5. Which of the girls is physically maturing ahead of the others?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elaine feel about girlish things like braids and purses?
2. Why doesn't Elaine want to look at her paintings?
3. Why does Elaine stop reciting the prayers at church?
4. What did Jon's ex-girlfriend throw at him and Elaine?
5. What is Cordelia digging a hole for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elaine remember about her birthday after the incident with the hole?
2. What do Elaine and Cordelia do at lunch time, when they first go to high school together?
3. How does Elaine react to Jon's ex-girlfriend's anger?
4. What nightmares does Elaine have her senior year in high school?
5. Why do Jon and Elaine get married?
6. What does Elaine imagine will happen the day a famous figure is scheduled to come down her street in Toronto?
7. Describe how Stephen dies.
8. While Elaine is dating both Josef and Jon, how does she feel about the two men?
9. How does Elaine behave during the interview?
10. What lie does Elaine tell to cover her suicide attempt, and why?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)