|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cordelia warn that nightshade berries do?
(a) Kill you with a drop of juice.
(b) Give you nightmares.
(c) Turn you into a zombie.
(d) Make a stain that won't come out.
2. Who does Elaine pray to instead of God?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Saint Bernadette.
(c) The Holy Ghost.
(d) The baby Jesus.
3. What adjective did people use to describe Toronto in the past?
4. Who offered Elaine a place to stay in Toronto?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her former teacher.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What word does Elaine use to describe her profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine buy for the art exhibit?
2. Who does Elaine think is telling her to die?
3. What makes the narrator remember Cordelia?
4. What part of the narrator's body is bloodied?
5. Why does Elaine make mistakes on her Sunday School tests?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Elaine and Cordelia are different in biology class.
2. What lie does Elaine tell to cover her suicide attempt, and why?
3. What does the narrator think happens to things that are past?
4. Describe Elaine's experience when the girls leave her in the hole.
5. How and why do Elaine's feelings for Mrs. Smeath change?
6. Describe how Stephen dies.
7. How does Elaine feel about Carol, Cordelia, and Grace when she sees them everyday after she starts sixth grade?
8. How do Elaine's parents feel about Stephen's death?
9. How does Elaine feel about the woman who models for her first nude female drawing?
10. How does Elaine behave during the interview?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)