|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elaine feel about the boys?
(a) As if they are on her side.
(b) As if she wants to hide from them.
(c) As if they are out to get her.
(d) As if they are always watching her.
2. What do Elaine's friends tell her about their bullying?
(a) That they are preparing her for the real world.
(b) That they are trying to help her improve herself.
(c) That they are smarter and can outwit her.
(d) That they are bigger and stronger and she must obey.
3. During the Christmas parade, what does Cordelia scold Elaine for after her father leaves?
(a) Making too much noise and moving around too much.
(b) Being impolite and not saying anything.
(c) Talking too much and telling lies.
(d) Acting afraid and getting Cordelia in trouble.
4. Does Elaine like memorizing psalms for Sunday School?
(a) No, she dislikes them but memorizes them anyway.
(b) No, she hates memorizing them and never does.
(c) Yes, but she likes them but can never remember them.
(d) Yes, she enjoys memorizing psalms.
5. When Elaine dreams of Toronto, where is she?
(a) At home.
(b) In the sewers.
(d) On the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elaine feel about girlish things like braids and purses?
2. How old does Elaine turn soon after the incident with the hole?
3. What does Cordelia warn that nightshade berries do?
4. Where do the girls stare at Elaine from as she walks home from school?
5. Why does Elaine make mistakes on her Sunday School tests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elaine try to frighten Cordelia in tenth grade?
2. How does Elaine feel when she sees her old school doesn't exist anymore?
3. In the present time what does Elaine think of Toronto?
4. What does the narrator think happens to things that are past?
5. How does Elaine feel about the woman who models for her first nude female drawing?
6. What is Elaine's attitude toward marriage while she is dating Josef?
7. What is Stephen worried about, when Elaine goes to high school?
8. Why doesn't Jon want to come to Elaine's art show?
9. What is the condition of the city where the narrator used to get off the streetcar, compared to how the narrator remembers it?
10. How does Cordelia act when Elaine's father comes to check on the girls watching the parade?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)