|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the girls is physically maturing ahead of the others?
2. What does Elaine keep in her pocket for protection?
(a) A fly trapped in amber.
(b) A wilted daisy.
(c) A polished stone.
(d) A cat's eye marble.
3. Why does Elaine stop reciting the prayers at church?
(a) Because she hates Cordelia's God.
(b) Because she's in too much pain.
(c) Because she can't remember the words to the prayers.
(d) Because she can't forgive Mrs. Smeath.
4. How does Elaine feel about the boys?
(a) As if they are always watching her.
(b) As if they are on her side.
(c) As if she wants to hide from them.
(d) As if they are out to get her.
5. What does Cordelia warn that nightshade berries do?
(a) Give you nightmares.
(b) Kill you with a drop of juice.
(c) Turn you into a zombie.
(d) Make a stain that won't come out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Elaine's friends say she's done wrong that makes them not speak to her at the Christmas parade?
2. Where do Elaine and her friends watch the Christmas parade from?
3. Does Elaine color differently with her friends than with her brother?
4. What trick does Elaine begin using to get out of situations she doesn't like?
5. What are the girls playing when they put Elaine into the hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the present time what does Elaine think of Toronto?
2. What is Elaine's attitude toward marriage while she is dating Josef?
3. What is the major element of her life that Elaine comes to terms with at the end of the novel?
4. What is Elaine's opinion of Susie, in her art class?
5. Why doesn't Charna want Elaine to be in the gallery when people begin arriving for the art retrospective?
6. What is Stephen worried about, when Elaine goes to high school?
7. What is Elaine's attitude about sleeping with her ex-husband, Jon?
8. In the last chapter, what does Elaine realize about the day she fell into the ravine?
9. How does Josef react to Susie's injury?
10. What does Elaine remember about her birthday after the incident with the hole?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)