|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia is invisible.
(b) That Cordelia is everywhere.
(c) That Cordelia is dead.
(d) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
2. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) Jon's apartment.
(b) A bar downtown.
(c) Her old home.
(d) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
3. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Seventh grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
4. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(b) Boxes of sand.
(c) Flower petals.
5. Who do Cordelia and Elaine make a game of making fun of in tenth grade?
(a) Carol and Grace.
(b) The Smeaths.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Tenth grade boys.
6. What is different about Elaine's sixth grade school?
(a) The school lets students direct their own learning.
(b) Elaine isn't in a class with Carol anymore.
(c) The boys and girls aren't separate.
(d) There is no playground.
7. Does Elaine agree to help Cordelia get out of the rest home?
(a) No, Elaine wants retribution on Cordelia.
(b) Yes, Elaine feels too guilty not to help.
(c) Yes, Elaine realizes it's the right thing to do.
(d) No, Elaine is afraid of what may happen.
8. What is malfunctioning in Elaine and Jon's apartment?
(a) The air conditioning.
(b) The electricity.
(c) The heat.
(d) The water.
9. Where does Elaine go to meet her ex-husband?
(a) The gallery.
(b) A theater.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) His apartment.
10. How does Elaine think Jon will react to her pregnancy?
(a) She thinks Jon won't want the baby.
(b) She thinks Jon will want to marry her.
(c) She thinks Jon will go overboard buying things for her and the baby.
(d) She thinks Jon will want them to leave Toronto to raise the baby.
11. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
(a) Her flowered hat.
(b) Her cat's eye marble.
(c) A letter from Stephen.
(d) A letter from Cordelia.
12. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) No, she begins to hate boys.
(b) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
(c) No, she dates a lot of boys.
(d) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
13. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
(d) Her mother.
14. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
(a) She brings Susie to Josef.
(b) She brings Susie to a medical student at the university.
(c) She brings Susie to the hospital.
(d) She tries to tend to Susie's wounds herself.
15. What does Jon accuse Elaine of, after she confronts him about a woman calling the house for him?
(a) Having an affair with his best friends.
(b) Making things up to start a fight.
(c) Seeing Josef while they were dating.
(d) Pretending she won't be jealous when she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Josef want to keep his affair with Elaine a secret?
2. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
3. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
4. What does Cordelia do after she runs away from home?
5. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)