|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
(a) Her manner of speech.
(b) Her agressive sexuality.
(c) Her inability to laugh.
(d) Her reputation.
2. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
(a) To feed her children.
(b) To buy a bus ticket.
(c) To buy cigarettes.
(d) A place to stay.
3. What movie does Elaine think could have been directed by Josef?
(a) One where a woman went crazy because of men.
(b) One where a man jumped off a bridge for a woman.
(c) One where a man fled from all his relationships.
(d) One where a painter fell in love with his student.
4. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(a) Boxes of sand.
(d) Flower petals.
5. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
6. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
(c) Her mother.
7. What type of church did Elaine like best, when she would go to different churches on impulse?
(a) Methodist churches.
(b) Baptist churches.
(d) Catholic churches.
8. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
9. What has happened to Elaine's father?
(a) He has retired and stopped going out.
(b) He has died.
(c) He has stopped talking to Elaine.
(d) He has divorced his wife.
10. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Interior designer.
(b) Painting restorer.
(c) Mural painter.
(d) Furniture refinisher.
11. What does Jon accuse Elaine of, after she confronts him about a woman calling the house for him?
(a) Having an affair with his best friends.
(b) Making things up to start a fight.
(c) Pretending she won't be jealous when she is.
(d) Seeing Josef while they were dating.
12. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By crying.
(b) By rolling her eyes.
(c) By getting angry.
(d) By laughing.
13. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
14. What type of job does Elaine get when she graduates college?
(a) Drawing educational cartoons.
(b) Designing book covers.
(c) Designing magazine ads.
(d) Drawing fashion illustrations.
15. What does Elaine's mother talk about?
(a) Stephen as a young child.
(b) Stephen as a grown man.
(c) Stephen as a teenager.
(d) Stephen's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
2. How long ago did Stephen die?
3. What old route does Elaine walk?
4. Who killed Stephen?
5. Who finds Elaine after her suicide attempt?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)