|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Elaine's father?
(a) He has retired and stopped going out.
(b) He has divorced his wife.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has stopped talking to Elaine.
2. Is the art retrospective a success?
(a) Yes, and Elaine's mind is relieved.
(b) Yes, but that doesn't seem important to Elaine.
(c) No, but only because of Elaine's attitude.
(d) No, it seems a horrible failure.
3. What time does Elaine wake at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(c) Early, but she thinks she's late.
(d) On time.
4. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
(a) She passes all but one of them.
(b) She fails them.
(c) She doesn't take them.
(d) She passes all of them.
5. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) A bar downtown.
(b) Jon's apartment.
(c) Her old home.
(d) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
6. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(b) Flower petals.
(c) Boxes of sand.
7. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
(b) Her mother.
8. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
(a) To feed her children.
(b) To buy cigarettes.
(c) To buy a bus ticket.
(d) A place to stay.
9. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
(b) That Cordelia is invisible.
(c) That Cordelia is dead.
(d) That Cordelia is everywhere.
10. Where does Charna ask Elaine to go?
(b) To the back office.
(d) To a corner deli.
11. How does Josef begin to treat Elaine?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He is jealous, follows her, and threatens her.
(c) He tells her how to dress and wear her hair.
(d) He constantly apologizes and acts weak.
12. How does Elaine think Jon will react to her pregnancy?
(a) She thinks Jon won't want the baby.
(b) She thinks Jon will want them to leave Toronto to raise the baby.
(c) She thinks Jon will go overboard buying things for her and the baby.
(d) She thinks Jon will want to marry her.
13. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
(a) Elaine helps her get even.
(b) Elaine feels sorry for her.
(c) Elaine gets angry at her.
(d) Elaine makes fun of it.
14. What is the name of Elaine's painting about women who hurt themselves by falling on men they love?
(a) Falling for Men.
(b) Falling Women.
(c) Falling for You.
(d) Love Falls.
15. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
(a) No, she told her husband beforehand that it might happen.
(b) Yes, and she feels guilty about it.
(c) No, she doesn't think it has anything to do with him.
(d) Yes, but she feels no guilt for being disloyal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
2. What does Charna say that the attendees at the art retrospective feel about Elaine?
3. What does Elaine do when Jon first takes her out for a beer?
4. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
5. Where does Elaine go to meet her ex-husband?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)