|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine find, after Susie calls her urgently for help?
(a) Susie has gotten drunk and hurt herself accidentally.
(b) Susie has tried to kill herself.
(c) Susie has hurt herself trying to give herself an abortion.
(d) Susie has been injured by Josef.
2. How does Elaine try to kill herself?
(a) By locking herself in a running car.
(b) By slitting her wrists.
(c) By shooting herself.
(d) By hanging herself.
3. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
4. What does Elaine's mother talk about?
(a) Stephen as a young child.
(b) Stephen as a grown man.
(c) Stephen's death.
(d) Stephen as a teenager.
5. Where does Elaine's brother Stephen go to school?
(a) At a private advanced school.
(b) At an arts academy.
(c) At Elaine and Cordelia's school.
(d) With a private tutor.
6. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
(a) She is going blind.
(b) She is dying of an illness.
(c) She is living abroad in Asia.
(d) She is starting a knitting business.
7. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) No, she begins to hate boys.
(b) No, she dates a lot of boys.
(c) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
(d) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
8. How does Elaine believe Josef thought of women?
(a) As manipulative vampires.
(b) As angels on a pedestal.
(c) As not being real.
(d) As human beings.
9. Does Elaine give the woman money?
(a) Yes, Elaine gives her money.
(b) No, Elaine says she can't spare any money.
(c) Yes, but then she takes it back.
(d) No, Elaine walks away without saying anything.
10. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
(d) Her mother.
11. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
(a) She brings Susie to a medical student at the university.
(b) She brings Susie to Josef.
(c) She brings Susie to the hospital.
(d) She tries to tend to Susie's wounds herself.
12. How does Elaine feel as she views her paintings?
13. Where does Elaine go to meet her ex-husband?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A theater.
(c) The gallery.
(d) His apartment.
14. What does Elaine do when Jon first takes her out for a beer?
(c) Is silent.
15. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(b) Boxes of sand.
(c) Flower petals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
2. What does Jon call Elaine?
3. What type of church did Elaine like best, when she would go to different churches on impulse?
4. Is the art retrospective a success?
5. Where does Elaine live while she's attending college?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)