|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elaine believe Josef thought of women?
(a) As human beings.
(b) As manipulative vampires.
(c) As angels on a pedestal.
(d) As not being real.
2. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
3. What does Elaine's therapist accuse her of?
(a) Trying to be perfect.
(b) Not trusting men.
(c) Hiding things.
(d) Not facing her problems.
4. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her inability to laugh.
(c) Her manner of speech.
(d) Her agressive sexuality.
5. What is different about Elaine's sixth grade school?
(a) The school lets students direct their own learning.
(b) The boys and girls aren't separate.
(c) Elaine isn't in a class with Carol anymore.
(d) There is no playground.
6. What was the purpose of the beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue Elaine saw?
(a) To forgive sins.
(b) To restore what is lost.
(c) To punish the wicked.
(d) To give unconditional love.
7. How long ago did Stephen die?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Five years.
8. What artists are represented at Elaine's first art show?
(a) All artists from Elaine's art class.
(b) Outsider artists.
(c) Only Elaine.
(d) All women artists.
9. What does Jon accuse Elaine of, after she confronts him about a woman calling the house for him?
(a) Making things up to start a fight.
(b) Seeing Josef while they were dating.
(c) Pretending she won't be jealous when she is.
(d) Having an affair with his best friends.
10. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
(a) A letter from Stephen.
(b) A letter from Cordelia.
(c) Her flowered hat.
(d) Her cat's eye marble.
11. What does Elaine do when Jon first takes her out for a beer?
(d) Is silent.
12. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By crying.
(b) By laughing.
(c) By rolling her eyes.
(d) By getting angry.
13. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
(b) That Cordelia is dead.
(c) That Cordelia is invisible.
(d) That Cordelia is everywhere.
14. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
15. What is the name of Elaine's painting about women who hurt themselves by falling on men they love?
(a) Falling for You.
(b) Falling for Men.
(c) Falling Women.
(d) Love Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jon call Elaine?
2. What happens to the bridge over the ravine?
3. What does Elaine do at the studio, after the art retrospective?
4. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
5. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)