|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cordelia do after she runs away from home?
(a) Gets a job on a cruise ship.
(b) Starts sitting in on classes at Elaine's college.
(c) Joins the Stratford Shakespearean festival.
(d) Gets married to one of Elaine's classmates.
2. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Ninth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
3. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(a) Flower petals.
(c) Boxes of sand.
4. What does Elaine do when Jon first takes her out for a beer?
(a) Is silent.
5. What does Elaine do at the studio, after the art retrospective?
(a) Throw things.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Make eggs.
6. Who do Cordelia and Elaine make a game of making fun of in tenth grade?
(a) Tenth grade boys.
(b) The Smeaths.
(c) Carol and Grace.
(d) Their parents.
7. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
8. What type of church did Elaine like best, when she would go to different churches on impulse?
(a) Methodist churches.
(b) Catholic churches.
(d) Baptist churches.
9. What does Elaine do to her hair when she's in eighth grade?
(a) She cuts it short.
(b) She curls it.
(c) She dyes it.
(d) She straightens it.
10. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
(b) No, she begins to hate boys.
(c) No, she dates a lot of boys.
(d) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
11. What movie does Elaine think could have been directed by Josef?
(a) One where a man fled from all his relationships.
(b) One where a man jumped off a bridge for a woman.
(c) One where a woman went crazy because of men.
(d) One where a painter fell in love with his student.
12. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia is invisible.
(b) That Cordelia is everywhere.
(c) That Cordelia is dead.
(d) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
13. What time does Elaine wake at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) Early, but she thinks she's late.
(d) On time.
14. How does Elaine believe Josef thought of women?
(a) As manipulative vampires.
(b) As not being real.
(c) As human beings.
(d) As angels on a pedestal.
15. In the play Cordelia is in, what is the cabbage supposed to be?
(a) A severed head.
(b) A baby.
(c) A basketball.
(d) An old toy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine find, after Susie calls her urgently for help?
2. What type of job does Elaine get when she graduates college?
3. How does Elaine think Jon will react to her pregnancy?
4. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
5. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)