|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the art retrospective a success?
(a) No, but only because of Elaine's attitude.
(b) Yes, but that doesn't seem important to Elaine.
(c) Yes, and Elaine's mind is relieved.
(d) No, it seems a horrible failure.
2. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
(a) Her inability to laugh.
(b) Her manner of speech.
(c) Her agressive sexuality.
(d) Her reputation.
3. What does Elaine do to her hair when she's in eighth grade?
(a) She curls it.
(b) She straightens it.
(c) She dyes it.
(d) She cuts it short.
4. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
(c) A valet.
(d) A voice in Elaine's head.
5. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Painting restorer.
(b) Interior designer.
(c) Furniture refinisher.
(d) Mural painter.
6. Where is the bar that Elaine meets Jon for a drink?
(a) On the roof of a hotel.
(b) At the university.
(c) In a basement downtown.
(d) Above a pool hall.
7. How does Elaine feel when she leaves the retrospective for the studio?
8. Does Elaine arrive at the gallery on time?
(a) No, Elaine is late.
(b) Yes, Elaine is exactly on time.
(c) Yes, Elaine is early.
(d) No, Elaine thinks she's early, but she's late.
9. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
10. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
(a) She brings Susie to a medical student at the university.
(b) She brings Susie to Josef.
(c) She brings Susie to the hospital.
(d) She tries to tend to Susie's wounds herself.
11. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
(b) No, she begins to hate boys.
(c) No, she dates a lot of boys.
(d) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
12. Does Elaine give the woman money?
(a) Yes, Elaine gives her money.
(b) No, Elaine says she can't spare any money.
(c) No, Elaine walks away without saying anything.
(d) Yes, but then she takes it back.
13. What artists are represented at Elaine's first art show?
(a) Only Elaine.
(b) All women artists.
(c) All artists from Elaine's art class.
(d) Outsider artists.
14. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
(a) No, she told her husband beforehand that it might happen.
(b) Yes, but she feels no guilt for being disloyal.
(c) No, she doesn't think it has anything to do with him.
(d) Yes, and she feels guilty about it.
15. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Stephen die?
2. What is malfunctioning in Elaine and Jon's apartment?
3. What movie does Elaine think could have been directed by Josef?
4. How does Elaine think Jon will react to her pregnancy?
5. What does Elaine's therapist accuse her of?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)