|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Elaine's father?
(a) He has stopped talking to Elaine.
(b) He has divorced his wife.
(c) He has retired and stopped going out.
(d) He has died.
2. What old route does Elaine walk?
(a) The route to the train station.
(b) The route to her art class.
(c) The route from school.
(d) The route to church.
3. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) Her old home.
(b) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
(c) A bar downtown.
(d) Jon's apartment.
4. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
5. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Painting restorer.
(b) Mural painter.
(c) Furniture refinisher.
(d) Interior designer.
6. How does Elaine feel as she views her paintings?
7. What incident does Elaine claim not to remember?
(a) Her friends trapping her in the hole.
(b) Her friends leaving her outside to freeze.
(c) Cordelia running away.
(d) Her friends abusing her at the Christmas parade.
8. Who do Cordelia and Elaine make a game of making fun of in tenth grade?
(a) The Smeaths.
(b) Tenth grade boys.
(c) Carol and Grace.
(d) Their parents.
9. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
(a) She doesn't take them.
(b) She fails them.
(c) She passes all but one of them.
(d) She passes all of them.
10. What does Elaine's mother talk about?
(a) Stephen as a grown man.
(b) Stephen as a teenager.
(c) Stephen as a young child.
(d) Stephen's death.
11. Who is at the gallery when Elaine arrives?
(b) A journalist.
(c) The gallery owner.
(d) No one.
12. What type of job does Elaine get when she graduates college?
(a) Drawing educational cartoons.
(b) Designing magazine ads.
(c) Designing book covers.
(d) Drawing fashion illustrations.
13. Who finds Elaine after her suicide attempt?
(a) The doorman.
(c) The apartment manager.
(d) A delivery man.
14. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
(a) Elaine helps her get even.
(b) Elaine makes fun of it.
(c) Elaine feels sorry for her.
(d) Elaine gets angry at her.
15. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
(a) She brings Susie to a medical student at the university.
(b) She tries to tend to Susie's wounds herself.
(c) She brings Susie to the hospital.
(d) She brings Susie to Josef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Hrbik say Elaine's first nude female drawing from a live model looks like?
2. Who killed Stephen?
3. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
4. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
5. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)