|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Stephen die?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
2. What type of church did Elaine like best, when she would go to different churches on impulse?
(a) Catholic churches.
(c) Methodist churches.
(d) Baptist churches.
3. In the play Cordelia is in, what is the cabbage supposed to be?
(a) A basketball.
(b) A baby.
(c) A severed head.
(d) An old toy.
4. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Mural painter.
(b) Painting restorer.
(c) Interior designer.
(d) Furniture refinisher.
5. What is the name of Elaine's painting about women who hurt themselves by falling on men they love?
(a) Falling Women.
(b) Falling for Men.
(c) Love Falls.
(d) Falling for You.
6. Where does Charna ask Elaine to go?
(a) To the back office.
(d) To a corner deli.
7. How does Elaine actually feel when she finally sees Cordelia at the rest home?
(b) Numb and empty.
(c) Glad to see her.
(d) Angry at herself.
8. How does Elaine feel when she leaves the retrospective for the studio?
9. What artists are represented at Elaine's first art show?
(a) Outsider artists.
(b) Only Elaine.
(c) All artists from Elaine's art class.
(d) All women artists.
10. What does the angry woman at the art show throw at Elaine's paintings?
11. What type of job does Elaine get when she graduates college?
(a) Drawing fashion illustrations.
(b) Designing magazine ads.
(c) Drawing educational cartoons.
(d) Designing book covers.
12. What happens to the bridge over the ravine?
(a) It's torn down and replaced.
(b) It is broken and closed to the public.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It falls into the river and is rebuilt.
13. What color dress does Elaine wear for the gallery opening?
14. Where does Elaine live while she's attending college?
(a) At home.
(b) In a shared apartment.
(c) In a sorority house.
(d) In a dorm.
15. What does Elaine tell Jon, when he accuses her of still sleeping with other men?
(a) That she has forgotten how to love anyone.
(b) That she doesn't have time.
(c) That she isn't attractive to anyone else.
(d) That she doesn't want anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
2. What does Jon accuse Elaine of, after she confronts him about a woman calling the house for him?
3. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
4. Where did Elaine see a beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue?
5. What did Elaine look for in churches?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)