|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Stephen?
(a) A frightened stranger.
(c) His wife.
2. In the play Cordelia is in, what is the cabbage supposed to be?
(a) A basketball.
(b) An old toy.
(c) A severed head.
(d) A baby.
3. What does Elaine's therapist accuse her of?
(a) Trying to be perfect.
(b) Not trusting men.
(c) Hiding things.
(d) Not facing her problems.
4. How is Elaine described in the article about her in Entertainment?
(a) As a fierce mind with a fiery paintbrush.
(b) As an old soul with empowering paintings.
(c) As an inscrutible artist with enigmatic works.
(d) As a crotchety artist with the power to disturb.
5. What was the purpose of the beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue Elaine saw?
(a) To punish the wicked.
(b) To forgive sins.
(c) To give unconditional love.
(d) To restore what is lost.
6. What does Mr. Hrbik say Elaine's first nude female drawing from a live model looks like?
(a) A statue.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A train wreck.
(d) A tree.
7. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
8. What does Elaine do with her old toys and childhood things?
(a) Burns them in a bonfire.
(b) Gives them away to charity.
(c) Packs them up in the basement.
(d) Sells them at a garage sale.
9. What does Charna say that the attendees at the art retrospective feel about Elaine?
10. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia is dead.
(b) That Cordelia is invisible.
(c) That Cordelia is everywhere.
(d) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
11. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
(a) She doesn't take them.
(b) She passes all but one of them.
(c) She fails them.
(d) She passes all of them.
12. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Swiss Chalet.
(b) The Gray Bear.
(c) The Happy Beggar.
(d) The Moody Palm.
13. What does Elaine tell Jon, when he accuses her of still sleeping with other men?
(a) That she isn't attractive to anyone else.
(b) That she doesn't have time.
(c) That she has forgotten how to love anyone.
(d) That she doesn't want anyone else.
14. How does Josef begin to treat Elaine?
(a) He is jealous, follows her, and threatens her.
(b) He constantly apologizes and acts weak.
(c) He tells her how to dress and wear her hair.
(d) He ignores her.
15. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
2. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
3. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
4. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
5. What time does Elaine wake at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)