|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
(a) Ninth grade.
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Seventh grade.
2. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her inability to laugh.
(c) Her agressive sexuality.
(d) Her manner of speech.
3. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
4. Does Elaine agree to help Cordelia get out of the rest home?
(a) No, Elaine is afraid of what may happen.
(b) Yes, Elaine feels too guilty not to help.
(c) No, Elaine wants retribution on Cordelia.
(d) Yes, Elaine realizes it's the right thing to do.
5. What does Elaine do at the studio, after the art retrospective?
(a) Make eggs.
(b) Throw things.
(c) Take a bath.
6. Is Elaine's ex-husband on time?
(a) No, he is late and doesn't apologize.
(b) Yes, he is exactly on time.
(c) No, he is late and apologizes.
(d) Yes, he is early.
7. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By getting angry.
(b) By rolling her eyes.
(c) By crying.
(d) By laughing.
8. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) Her old home.
(b) A bar downtown.
(c) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
(d) Jon's apartment.
9. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) A valet.
(d) A voice in Elaine's head.
10. Where does Elaine go to meet her ex-husband?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A theater.
(c) The gallery.
(d) His apartment.
11. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
(b) No, she begins to hate boys.
(c) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
(d) No, she dates a lot of boys.
12. What type of clothes does Elaine wear in college?
(a) T-shirts and a long, leather jacket.
(b) Black turtlenecks and jeans.
(c) White flowing dresses.
(d) Short skirts and revealing tops.
13. What incident does Elaine claim not to remember?
(a) Her friends trapping her in the hole.
(b) Cordelia running away.
(c) Her friends leaving her outside to freeze.
(d) Her friends abusing her at the Christmas parade.
14. What does the angry woman at the art show throw at Elaine's paintings?
15. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Moody Palm.
(b) The Gray Bear.
(c) The Swiss Chalet.
(d) The Happy Beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Elaine's painting about women who hurt themselves by falling on men they love?
2. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
3. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
4. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
5. Where does Elaine live while she's attending college?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)