|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Swiss Chalet.
(b) The Happy Beggar.
(c) The Moody Palm.
(d) The Gray Bear.
2. What does Elaine feel like an expert at?
3. What does Elaine do at the studio, after the art retrospective?
(a) Make eggs.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Throw things.
4. Where does Elaine live while she's attending college?
(a) In a sorority house.
(b) In a dorm.
(c) In a shared apartment.
(d) At home.
5. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
6. Is the art retrospective a success?
(a) Yes, but that doesn't seem important to Elaine.
(b) No, it seems a horrible failure.
(c) No, but only because of Elaine's attitude.
(d) Yes, and Elaine's mind is relieved.
7. What does Mr. Hrbik say Elaine's first nude female drawing from a live model looks like?
(a) A statue.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A train wreck.
(d) A tree.
8. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) A bar downtown.
(b) Her old home.
(c) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
(d) Jon's apartment.
9. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
(a) She fails them.
(b) She passes all but one of them.
(c) She doesn't take them.
(d) She passes all of them.
10. How does Elaine actually feel when she finally sees Cordelia at the rest home?
(a) Numb and empty.
(b) Angry at herself.
(c) Glad to see her.
11. How does Josef begin to treat Elaine?
(a) He constantly apologizes and acts weak.
(b) He tells her how to dress and wear her hair.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He is jealous, follows her, and threatens her.
12. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her inability to laugh.
(c) Her agressive sexuality.
(d) Her manner of speech.
13. What does Elaine do to her hair when she's in eighth grade?
(a) She dyes it.
(b) She straightens it.
(c) She curls it.
(d) She cuts it short.
14. What incident does Elaine claim not to remember?
(a) Her friends trapping her in the hole.
(b) Her friends abusing her at the Christmas parade.
(c) Her friends leaving her outside to freeze.
(d) Cordelia running away.
15. Does Josef want to keep his affair with Elaine a secret?
(a) Yes, he tells her not to tell his wife.
(b) No, he tells other professors about it.
(c) No, but he agrees to keep it secret for Elaine's sake.
(d) Yes, he tells her not to tell Susie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
2. What has happened to Elaine's father?
3. How does Elaine try to kill herself?
4. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
5. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)