|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elaine go to meet her ex-husband?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A theater.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The gallery.
2. What is different about Elaine's sixth grade school?
(a) Elaine isn't in a class with Carol anymore.
(b) The school lets students direct their own learning.
(c) There is no playground.
(d) The boys and girls aren't separate.
3. Why did Cordelia dig holes in the yard when she was young?
(a) To sit in them and feel safe.
(b) As traps for her parents.
(c) As traps for animals.
(d) To put her dolls in them.
4. Who finds Elaine after her suicide attempt?
(a) The apartment manager.
(c) The doorman.
(d) A delivery man.
5. What type of job does Elaine get when she graduates college?
(a) Drawing educational cartoons.
(b) Designing magazine ads.
(c) Drawing fashion illustrations.
(d) Designing book covers.
6. What does Elaine's therapist accuse her of?
(a) Hiding things.
(b) Trying to be perfect.
(c) Not trusting men.
(d) Not facing her problems.
7. What does Charna say that the attendees at the art retrospective feel about Elaine?
8. Who killed Stephen?
(b) A frightened stranger.
(c) His wife.
9. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Interior designer.
(b) Furniture refinisher.
(c) Mural painter.
(d) Painting restorer.
10. Where did Elaine see a beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue?
11. Is the art retrospective a success?
(a) No, but only because of Elaine's attitude.
(b) No, it seems a horrible failure.
(c) Yes, and Elaine's mind is relieved.
(d) Yes, but that doesn't seem important to Elaine.
12. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
(a) She is dying of an illness.
(b) She is starting a knitting business.
(c) She is living abroad in Asia.
(d) She is going blind.
13. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
(b) A valet.
(c) A voice in Elaine's head.
14. How does Elaine describe herself in the eleventh grade?
(a) As having burning ears.
(b) As having a mean mouth.
(c) As having angry eyes.
(d) As having a nose for trouble.
15. How does Cordelia feel when Elaine insults her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cordelia do after she runs away from home?
2. Does Elaine arrive at the gallery on time?
3. In the play Cordelia is in, what is the cabbage supposed to be?
4. What old route does Elaine walk?
5. Where does Elaine live while she's attending college?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)