|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
(a) She tries to tend to Susie's wounds herself.
(b) She brings Susie to Josef.
(c) She brings Susie to the hospital.
(d) She brings Susie to a medical student at the university.
2. What has happened to Elaine's father?
(a) He has divorced his wife.
(b) He has retired and stopped going out.
(c) He has stopped talking to Elaine.
(d) He has died.
3. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
(b) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
(c) She ran away from home for a year.
(d) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
4. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
(a) Elaine gets angry at her.
(b) Elaine makes fun of it.
(c) Elaine feels sorry for her.
(d) Elaine helps her get even.
5. Is the art retrospective a success?
(a) Yes, and Elaine's mind is relieved.
(b) No, it seems a horrible failure.
(c) No, but only because of Elaine's attitude.
(d) Yes, but that doesn't seem important to Elaine.
6. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
(a) Her manner of speech.
(b) Her inability to laugh.
(c) Her agressive sexuality.
(d) Her reputation.
7. What does Elaine tell Jon, when he accuses her of still sleeping with other men?
(a) That she doesn't have time.
(b) That she isn't attractive to anyone else.
(c) That she has forgotten how to love anyone.
(d) That she doesn't want anyone else.
8. Who killed Stephen?
(a) A frightened stranger.
(c) His wife.
9. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
10. Does Elaine arrive at the gallery on time?
(a) No, Elaine thinks she's early, but she's late.
(b) No, Elaine is late.
(c) Yes, Elaine is early.
(d) Yes, Elaine is exactly on time.
11. What happens to the bridge over the ravine?
(a) It falls into the river and is rebuilt.
(b) It's torn down and replaced.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It is broken and closed to the public.
12. Where does Charna ask Elaine to go?
(b) To a corner deli.
(d) To the back office.
13. Why did Cordelia dig holes in the yard when she was young?
(a) As traps for animals.
(b) To sit in them and feel safe.
(c) As traps for her parents.
(d) To put her dolls in them.
14. What does Elaine do with her old toys and childhood things?
(a) Burns them in a bonfire.
(b) Sells them at a garage sale.
(c) Packs them up in the basement.
(d) Gives them away to charity.
15. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Happy Beggar.
(b) The Gray Bear.
(c) The Moody Palm.
(d) The Swiss Chalet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine find, after Susie calls her urgently for help?
2. Where did Elaine see a beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue?
3. How is Elaine described in the article about her in Entertainment?
4. What does Charna say that the attendees at the art retrospective feel about Elaine?
5. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)