|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress does Elaine wear for the gallery opening?
2. Who finds Elaine after her suicide attempt?
(a) The doorman.
(c) The apartment manager.
(d) A delivery man.
3. Does Elaine give the woman money?
(a) No, Elaine says she can't spare any money.
(b) Yes, Elaine gives her money.
(c) No, Elaine walks away without saying anything.
(d) Yes, but then she takes it back.
4. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
(b) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
(c) She ran away from home for a year.
(d) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
5. What does Elaine find, after Susie calls her urgently for help?
(a) Susie has been injured by Josef.
(b) Susie has gotten drunk and hurt herself accidentally.
(c) Susie has tried to kill herself.
(d) Susie has hurt herself trying to give herself an abortion.
6. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By crying.
(b) By rolling her eyes.
(c) By getting angry.
(d) By laughing.
7. How does Elaine try to kill herself?
(a) By hanging herself.
(b) By shooting herself.
(c) By slitting her wrists.
(d) By locking herself in a running car.
8. How does Elaine feel as she views her paintings?
9. What movie does Elaine think could have been directed by Josef?
(a) One where a painter fell in love with his student.
(b) One where a woman went crazy because of men.
(c) One where a man jumped off a bridge for a woman.
(d) One where a man fled from all his relationships.
10. Is Elaine's ex-husband on time?
(a) Yes, he is exactly on time.
(b) No, he is late and doesn't apologize.
(c) No, he is late and apologizes.
(d) Yes, he is early.
11. Does Josef want to keep his affair with Elaine a secret?
(a) Yes, he tells her not to tell his wife.
(b) Yes, he tells her not to tell Susie.
(c) No, but he agrees to keep it secret for Elaine's sake.
(d) No, he tells other professors about it.
12. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Furniture refinisher.
(b) Mural painter.
(c) Interior designer.
(d) Painting restorer.
13. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Happy Beggar.
(b) The Gray Bear.
(c) The Moody Palm.
(d) The Swiss Chalet.
14. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
(b) Jon's apartment.
(c) A bar downtown.
(d) Her old home.
15. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elaine describe herself in the eleventh grade?
2. Does Elaine arrive at the gallery on time?
3. How is Elaine described in the article about her in Entertainment?
4. What old route does Elaine walk?
5. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)