|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine do when Jon first takes her out for a beer?
(d) Is silent.
2. Where does Elaine's brother Stephen go to school?
(a) At a private advanced school.
(b) With a private tutor.
(c) At Elaine and Cordelia's school.
(d) At an arts academy.
3. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
4. What type of clothes does Elaine wear in college?
(a) Black turtlenecks and jeans.
(b) T-shirts and a long, leather jacket.
(c) White flowing dresses.
(d) Short skirts and revealing tops.
5. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(a) Flower petals.
(c) Boxes of sand.
6. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia is everywhere.
(b) That Cordelia is dead.
(c) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
(d) That Cordelia is invisible.
7. What is malfunctioning in Elaine and Jon's apartment?
(a) The heat.
(b) The electricity.
(c) The air conditioning.
(d) The water.
8. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
(b) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
(c) She ran away from home for a year.
(d) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
9. What movie does Elaine think could have been directed by Josef?
(a) One where a man fled from all his relationships.
(b) One where a man jumped off a bridge for a woman.
(c) One where a painter fell in love with his student.
(d) One where a woman went crazy because of men.
10. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
(a) To buy a bus ticket.
(b) To feed her children.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) To buy cigarettes.
11. What does Elaine feel like an expert at?
12. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
(b) A valet.
(d) A voice in Elaine's head.
13. How does Elaine feel as she views her paintings?
14. How does Elaine describe herself in the eleventh grade?
(a) As having burning ears.
(b) As having a nose for trouble.
(c) As having a mean mouth.
(d) As having angry eyes.
15. Is Elaine's ex-husband on time?
(a) No, he is late and apologizes.
(b) Yes, he is exactly on time.
(c) No, he is late and doesn't apologize.
(d) Yes, he is early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jon accuse Elaine of, after she confronts him about a woman calling the house for him?
2. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
3. Is the art retrospective a success?
4. What has happened to Elaine's father?
5. How long ago did Stephen die?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)