|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
(a) She brings Susie to Josef.
(b) She tries to tend to Susie's wounds herself.
(c) She brings Susie to the hospital.
(d) She brings Susie to a medical student at the university.
2. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia is dead.
(b) That Cordelia is invisible.
(c) That Cordelia is everywhere.
(d) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
3. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By getting angry.
(b) By crying.
(c) By laughing.
(d) By rolling her eyes.
4. What type of church did Elaine like best, when she would go to different churches on impulse?
(a) Catholic churches.
(c) Baptist churches.
(d) Methodist churches.
5. Does Elaine give the woman money?
(a) Yes, Elaine gives her money.
(b) No, Elaine says she can't spare any money.
(c) No, Elaine walks away without saying anything.
(d) Yes, but then she takes it back.
6. Who is at the gallery when Elaine arrives?
(a) No one.
(b) A journalist.
(d) The gallery owner.
7. How does Elaine feel as she views her paintings?
8. What does Elaine's therapist accuse her of?
(a) Not trusting men.
(b) Not facing her problems.
(c) Hiding things.
(d) Trying to be perfect.
9. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
(b) A valet.
(d) A voice in Elaine's head.
10. What does Elaine find, after Susie calls her urgently for help?
(a) Susie has gotten drunk and hurt herself accidentally.
(b) Susie has tried to kill herself.
(c) Susie has been injured by Josef.
(d) Susie has hurt herself trying to give herself an abortion.
11. Where did Elaine see a beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue?
12. What does Elaine tell Jon, when he accuses her of still sleeping with other men?
(a) That she doesn't have time.
(b) That she has forgotten how to love anyone.
(c) That she isn't attractive to anyone else.
(d) That she doesn't want anyone else.
13. How does Josef begin to treat Elaine?
(a) He is jealous, follows her, and threatens her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He constantly apologizes and acts weak.
(d) He tells her how to dress and wear her hair.
14. Does Elaine arrive at the gallery on time?
(a) No, Elaine is late.
(b) Yes, Elaine is exactly on time.
(c) Yes, Elaine is early.
(d) No, Elaine thinks she's early, but she's late.
15. What was the purpose of the beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue Elaine saw?
(a) To restore what is lost.
(b) To punish the wicked.
(c) To forgive sins.
(d) To give unconditional love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elaine try to kill herself?
2. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
3. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
4. How does Elaine actually feel when she finally sees Cordelia at the rest home?
5. How does Cordelia look when Elaine visits her after Cordelia moves?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)