|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine tell Jon, when he accuses her of still sleeping with other men?
(a) That she has forgotten how to love anyone.
(b) That she doesn't want anyone else.
(c) That she isn't attractive to anyone else.
(d) That she doesn't have time.
2. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Mural painter.
(b) Furniture refinisher.
(c) Interior designer.
(d) Painting restorer.
3. Where does Elaine go to meet her ex-husband?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The gallery.
(d) A theater.
4. What old route does Elaine walk?
(a) The route to church.
(b) The route to her art class.
(c) The route to the train station.
(d) The route from school.
5. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
(d) Her mother.
6. Who is at the gallery when Elaine arrives?
(a) A journalist.
(c) No one.
(d) The gallery owner.
7. Does Elaine give the woman money?
(a) Yes, Elaine gives her money.
(b) Yes, but then she takes it back.
(c) No, Elaine says she can't spare any money.
(d) No, Elaine walks away without saying anything.
8. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
9. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By getting angry.
(b) By rolling her eyes.
(c) By crying.
(d) By laughing.
10. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Ninth grade.
11. What is different about Elaine's sixth grade school?
(a) The boys and girls aren't separate.
(b) The school lets students direct their own learning.
(c) There is no playground.
(d) Elaine isn't in a class with Carol anymore.
12. Does Elaine agree to help Cordelia get out of the rest home?
(a) Yes, Elaine realizes it's the right thing to do.
(b) No, Elaine wants retribution on Cordelia.
(c) Yes, Elaine feels too guilty not to help.
(d) No, Elaine is afraid of what may happen.
13. What time does Elaine wake at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) On time.
(c) Early, but she thinks she's late.
14. How does Elaine feel when she leaves the retrospective for the studio?
15. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) Her old home.
(b) Jon's apartment.
(c) A bar downtown.
(d) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Stephen?
2. What does Elaine do at the studio, after the art retrospective?
3. Does Elaine arrive at the gallery on time?
4. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
5. What did Elaine look for in churches?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)