|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Elaine see a beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue?
2. How does Elaine believe Josef thought of women?
(a) As human beings.
(b) As not being real.
(c) As manipulative vampires.
(d) As angels on a pedestal.
3. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
(b) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
(c) She ran away from home for a year.
(d) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
4. Where does Elaine go to meet her ex-husband?
(a) A theater.
(b) His apartment.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The gallery.
5. Does Josef want to keep his affair with Elaine a secret?
(a) Yes, he tells her not to tell his wife.
(b) No, but he agrees to keep it secret for Elaine's sake.
(c) Yes, he tells her not to tell Susie.
(d) No, he tells other professors about it.
6. Is the art retrospective a success?
(a) Yes, and Elaine's mind is relieved.
(b) Yes, but that doesn't seem important to Elaine.
(c) No, it seems a horrible failure.
(d) No, but only because of Elaine's attitude.
7. What old route does Elaine walk?
(a) The route to her art class.
(b) The route from school.
(c) The route to church.
(d) The route to the train station.
8. What does Mr. Hrbik say Elaine's first nude female drawing from a live model looks like?
(a) A statue.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A tree.
(d) A train wreck.
9. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
(b) No, she begins to hate boys.
(c) No, she dates a lot of boys.
(d) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
10. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
(a) Yes, but she feels no guilt for being disloyal.
(b) No, she doesn't think it has anything to do with him.
(c) Yes, and she feels guilty about it.
(d) No, she told her husband beforehand that it might happen.
11. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
(a) She doesn't take them.
(b) She passes all but one of them.
(c) She fails them.
(d) She passes all of them.
12. Who do Cordelia and Elaine make a game of making fun of in tenth grade?
(a) Their parents.
(b) The Smeaths.
(c) Carol and Grace.
(d) Tenth grade boys.
13. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
14. What was the purpose of the beautiful and meaningful Virgin Mary statue Elaine saw?
(a) To forgive sins.
(b) To restore what is lost.
(c) To give unconditional love.
(d) To punish the wicked.
15. Does Elaine give the woman money?
(a) Yes, but then she takes it back.
(b) Yes, Elaine gives her money.
(c) No, Elaine says she can't spare any money.
(d) No, Elaine walks away without saying anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
2. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
3. Where does Elaine's brother Stephen go to school?
4. Who does Elaine think of seeing, when she goes to meet the attendees at the art retrospective?
5. How does Josef begin to treat Elaine?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)