|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia is everywhere.
(b) That Cordelia is invisible.
(c) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
(d) That Cordelia is dead.
2. What does Elaine feel like an expert at?
3. What color dress does Elaine wear for the gallery opening?
4. How is Elaine described in the article about her in Entertainment?
(a) As a fierce mind with a fiery paintbrush.
(b) As an inscrutible artist with enigmatic works.
(c) As a crotchety artist with the power to disturb.
(d) As an old soul with empowering paintings.
5. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
(a) She is starting a knitting business.
(b) She is going blind.
(c) She is dying of an illness.
(d) She is living abroad in Asia.
6. Why did Cordelia dig holes in the yard when she was young?
(a) To put her dolls in them.
(b) As traps for animals.
(c) As traps for her parents.
(d) To sit in them and feel safe.
7. What has happened to Elaine's father?
(a) He has retired and stopped going out.
(b) He has divorced his wife.
(c) He has died.
(d) He has stopped talking to Elaine.
8. Who finds Elaine after her suicide attempt?
(a) The doorman.
(b) A delivery man.
(d) The apartment manager.
9. Where does Charna ask Elaine to go?
(a) To a corner deli.
(d) To the back office.
10. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
11. In the play Cordelia is in, what is the cabbage supposed to be?
(a) A basketball.
(b) An old toy.
(c) A baby.
(d) A severed head.
12. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Happy Beggar.
(b) The Moody Palm.
(c) The Gray Bear.
(d) The Swiss Chalet.
13. What old route does Elaine walk?
(a) The route from school.
(b) The route to church.
(c) The route to her art class.
(d) The route to the train station.
14. What does Elaine's mother talk about?
(a) Stephen as a teenager.
(b) Stephen's death.
(c) Stephen as a young child.
(d) Stephen as a grown man.
15. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cordelia feel when Elaine insults her?
2. What does Elaine find, after Susie calls her urgently for help?
3. Who do Cordelia and Elaine make a game of making fun of in tenth grade?
4. Does Elaine give the woman money?
5. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)