|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
(a) She passes all of them.
(b) She doesn't take them.
(c) She fails them.
(d) She passes all but one of them.
2. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She ran away from home for a year.
(b) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
(c) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
(d) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
3. How does Cordelia look when Elaine visits her after Cordelia moves?
(a) Scared but strong.
(b) Tired but happy.
(c) Pale and unwell.
(d) Happy and healthy.
4. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
(a) She is going blind.
(b) She is dying of an illness.
(c) She is starting a knitting business.
(d) She is living abroad in Asia.
5. How does Elaine describe herself in the eleventh grade?
(a) As having angry eyes.
(b) As having burning ears.
(c) As having a mean mouth.
(d) As having a nose for trouble.
6. What does Charna say that the attendees at the art retrospective feel about Elaine?
7. What does Elaine do with her old toys and childhood things?
(a) Packs them up in the basement.
(b) Gives them away to charity.
(c) Sells them at a garage sale.
(d) Burns them in a bonfire.
8. What does Elaine's therapist accuse her of?
(a) Not trusting men.
(b) Not facing her problems.
(c) Trying to be perfect.
(d) Hiding things.
9. How does Cordelia feel when Elaine insults her?
10. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
11. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) A valet.
(b) A voice in Elaine's head.
12. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By laughing.
(b) By getting angry.
(c) By crying.
(d) By rolling her eyes.
13. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Moody Palm.
(b) The Happy Beggar.
(c) The Gray Bear.
(d) The Swiss Chalet.
14. What happens to the bridge over the ravine?
(a) It is broken and closed to the public.
(b) It's torn down and replaced.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It falls into the river and is rebuilt.
15. How does Elaine think Jon will react to her pregnancy?
(a) She thinks Jon will want to marry her.
(b) She thinks Jon will go overboard buying things for her and the baby.
(c) She thinks Jon will want them to leave Toronto to raise the baby.
(d) She thinks Jon won't want the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
2. What type of church did Elaine like best, when she would go to different churches on impulse?
3. What does Elaine do at the studio, after the art retrospective?
4. How long ago did Stephen die?
5. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)