|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress does Elaine wear for the gallery opening?
2. How does Elaine believe Josef thought of women?
(a) As human beings.
(b) As not being real.
(c) As manipulative vampires.
(d) As angels on a pedestal.
3. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
4. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
(b) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
(c) She ran away from home for a year.
(d) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
5. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
(a) She is going blind.
(b) She is living abroad in Asia.
(c) She is dying of an illness.
(d) She is starting a knitting business.
6. Does Elaine agree to help Cordelia get out of the rest home?
(a) No, Elaine is afraid of what may happen.
(b) Yes, Elaine realizes it's the right thing to do.
(c) Yes, Elaine feels too guilty not to help.
(d) No, Elaine wants retribution on Cordelia.
7. Where does Elaine go to, instead of going to the gallery to see if things are running smoothly?
(a) Jon's apartment.
(b) A restaurant on top of a tall building.
(c) A bar downtown.
(d) Her old home.
8. Where does Charna ask Elaine to go?
(a) To a corner deli.
(d) To the back office.
9. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
10. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
(a) That Cordelia doesn't matter.
(b) That Cordelia is dead.
(c) That Cordelia is invisible.
(d) That Cordelia is everywhere.
11. Who is at the gallery when Elaine arrives?
(b) No one.
(c) A journalist.
(d) The gallery owner.
12. What does Elaine find in her parents' cellar?
(a) Her cat's eye marble.
(b) A letter from Stephen.
(c) A letter from Cordelia.
(d) Her flowered hat.
13. What movie does Elaine think could have been directed by Josef?
(a) One where a man jumped off a bridge for a woman.
(b) One where a painter fell in love with his student.
(c) One where a man fled from all his relationships.
(d) One where a woman went crazy because of men.
14. How would Elaine feel if her daughters were with someone like Josef or Jon?
15. What time does Elaine wake at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Early, but she thinks she's late.
(b) On time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
2. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
3. What does the angry woman at the art show throw at Elaine's paintings?
4. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
5. In the play Cordelia is in, what is the cabbage supposed to be?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)