|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident does Elaine claim not to remember?
(a) Her friends trapping her in the hole.
(b) Cordelia running away.
(c) Her friends abusing her at the Christmas parade.
(d) Her friends leaving her outside to freeze.
2. What does Elaine do with her old toys and childhood things?
(a) Packs them up in the basement.
(b) Sells them at a garage sale.
(c) Gives them away to charity.
(d) Burns them in a bonfire.
3. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
(a) No, she told her husband beforehand that it might happen.
(b) Yes, and she feels guilty about it.
(c) No, she doesn't think it has anything to do with him.
(d) Yes, but she feels no guilt for being disloyal.
4. Where is the bar that Elaine meets Jon for a drink?
(a) On the roof of a hotel.
(b) Above a pool hall.
(c) At the university.
(d) In a basement downtown.
5. What color dress does Elaine wear for the gallery opening?
6. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Painting restorer.
(b) Mural painter.
(c) Interior designer.
(d) Furniture refinisher.
7. How does Elaine try to kill herself?
(a) By slitting her wrists.
(b) By locking herself in a running car.
(c) By shooting herself.
(d) By hanging herself.
8. Who contradicts Elaine's thoughts at the end of Chapter 14?
(b) A voice in Elaine's head.
(d) A valet.
9. How does Cordelia do on her exams?
(a) She doesn't take them.
(b) She fails them.
(c) She passes all but one of them.
(d) She passes all of them.
10. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
(a) To buy a bus ticket.
(b) To buy cigarettes.
(c) To feed her children.
(d) A place to stay.
11. How does Elaine actually feel when she finally sees Cordelia at the rest home?
(a) Numb and empty.
(c) Angry at herself.
(d) Glad to see her.
12. What does Elaine feel like an expert at?
13. What type of job does Elaine get when she graduates college?
(a) Designing book covers.
(b) Drawing educational cartoons.
(c) Drawing fashion illustrations.
(d) Designing magazine ads.
14. How does Elaine feel as she views her paintings?
15. What is the name of Elaine's painting about women who hurt themselves by falling on men they love?
(a) Falling Women.
(b) Love Falls.
(c) Falling for Men.
(d) Falling for You.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Elaine arrive at the gallery on time?
2. Who killed Stephen?
3. What has happened to Elaine's father?
4. Who is at the gallery when Elaine arrives?
5. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)