|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By rolling her eyes.
(b) By laughing.
(c) By getting angry.
(d) By crying.
2. Who do Cordelia and Elaine make a game of making fun of in tenth grade?
(a) The Smeaths.
(b) Tenth grade boys.
(c) Their parents.
(d) Carol and Grace.
3. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) No, she dates a lot of boys.
(b) No, she begins to hate boys.
(c) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
(d) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
4. Where does Charna ask Elaine to go?
(b) To a corner deli.
(c) To the back office.
5. What is different about Elaine's sixth grade school?
(a) There is no playground.
(b) The school lets students direct their own learning.
(c) The boys and girls aren't separate.
(d) Elaine isn't in a class with Carol anymore.
6. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(a) Flower petals.
(d) Boxes of sand.
7. What does Elaine's mother talk about?
(a) Stephen's death.
(b) Stephen as a young child.
(c) Stephen as a grown man.
(d) Stephen as a teenager.
8. What does Charna say that the attendees at the art retrospective feel about Elaine?
9. What does Cordelia do after she runs away from home?
(a) Gets a job on a cruise ship.
(b) Starts sitting in on classes at Elaine's college.
(c) Joins the Stratford Shakespearean festival.
(d) Gets married to one of Elaine's classmates.
10. How does Josef begin to treat Elaine?
(a) He is jealous, follows her, and threatens her.
(b) He tells her how to dress and wear her hair.
(c) He constantly apologizes and acts weak.
(d) He ignores her.
11. How long ago did Stephen die?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Ten years.
12. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
13. Does Josef want to keep his affair with Elaine a secret?
(a) Yes, he tells her not to tell Susie.
(b) Yes, he tells her not to tell his wife.
(c) No, he tells other professors about it.
(d) No, but he agrees to keep it secret for Elaine's sake.
14. How does Elaine feel as she views her paintings?
15. What does the angry woman at the art show throw at Elaine's paintings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Is the art retrospective a success?
2. Does Elaine think sleeping with Jon is disloyal to her husband?
3. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
4. What movie does Elaine think could have been directed by Josef?
5. What does Elaine try to tell herself about Cordelia after the art retrospective?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)