|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
(a) Elaine gets angry at her.
(b) Elaine helps her get even.
(c) Elaine makes fun of it.
(d) Elaine feels sorry for her.
2. Where does Elaine live while she's attending college?
(a) In a shared apartment.
(b) In a sorority house.
(c) At home.
(d) In a dorm.
3. Does Josef want to keep his affair with Elaine a secret?
(a) No, but he agrees to keep it secret for Elaine's sake.
(b) No, he tells other professors about it.
(c) Yes, he tells her not to tell Susie.
(d) Yes, he tells her not to tell his wife.
4. How does Elaine think Cordelia might react to the article?
(a) By laughing.
(b) By crying.
(c) By rolling her eyes.
(d) By getting angry.
5. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
6. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
7. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She ran away from home for a year.
(b) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
(c) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
(d) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
8. Where does Elaine work while she's in college?
(a) The Moody Palm.
(b) The Swiss Chalet.
(c) The Happy Beggar.
(d) The Gray Bear.
9. What is the name of Elaine's painting about women who hurt themselves by falling on men they love?
(a) Falling Women.
(b) Love Falls.
(c) Falling for Men.
(d) Falling for You.
10. Why did Cordelia dig holes in the yard when she was young?
(a) As traps for animals.
(b) As traps for her parents.
(c) To sit in them and feel safe.
(d) To put her dolls in them.
11. How is Elaine described in the article about her in Entertainment?
(a) As a fierce mind with a fiery paintbrush.
(b) As a crotchety artist with the power to disturb.
(c) As an old soul with empowering paintings.
(d) As an inscrutible artist with enigmatic works.
12. What does the Middle Eastern woman ask Elaine for money for?
(a) To buy a bus ticket.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) To buy cigarettes.
(d) To feed her children.
13. Where does Charna ask Elaine to go?
(a) To the back office.
(c) To a corner deli.
14. What type of church did Elaine like best, when she would go to different churches on impulse?
(a) Methodist churches.
(c) Baptist churches.
(d) Catholic churches.
15. What does Elaine do when Jon first takes her out for a beer?
(c) Is silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine do when she finds Susie injured?
2. What type of job does Elaine get when she graduates college?
3. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
4. Who is at the gallery when Elaine arrives?
5. What happens to the bridge over the ravine?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)