|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jon accuse Elaine of, after she confronts him about a woman calling the house for him?
(a) Pretending she won't be jealous when she is.
(b) Making things up to start a fight.
(c) Seeing Josef while they were dating.
(d) Having an affair with his best friends.
2. How does Cordelia look when Elaine visits her after Cordelia moves?
(a) Happy and healthy.
(b) Scared but strong.
(c) Pale and unwell.
(d) Tired but happy.
3. How does Elaine believe Josef thought of women?
(a) As not being real.
(b) As angels on a pedestal.
(c) As manipulative vampires.
(d) As human beings.
4. What does Elaine do when Jon first takes her out for a beer?
(b) Is silent.
5. What does Cordelia do after she runs away from home?
(a) Joins the Stratford Shakespearean festival.
(b) Starts sitting in on classes at Elaine's college.
(c) Gets a job on a cruise ship.
(d) Gets married to one of Elaine's classmates.
6. What is different about Elaine's sixth grade school?
(a) Elaine isn't in a class with Carol anymore.
(b) There is no playground.
(c) The school lets students direct their own learning.
(d) The boys and girls aren't separate.
7. What do the people of Mexico leave for the dead that Elaine muses about?
(b) Boxes of sand.
(d) Flower petals.
8. What did Elaine look for in churches?
(a) Statues of holy figures.
(b) Carved wooden doors.
(c) Tapestries on the altars.
(d) Stained glass windows.
9. What does Elaine's mother talk about?
(a) Stephen as a teenager.
(b) Stephen's death.
(c) Stephen as a young child.
(d) Stephen as a grown man.
10. Who does Elaine think the angry woman is at first?
11. Where does Elaine's brother Stephen go to school?
(a) With a private tutor.
(b) At an arts academy.
(c) At a private advanced school.
(d) At Elaine and Cordelia's school.
12. How is Elaine described in the article about her in Entertainment?
(a) As a crotchety artist with the power to disturb.
(b) As an old soul with empowering paintings.
(c) As a fierce mind with a fiery paintbrush.
(d) As an inscrutible artist with enigmatic works.
13. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
(a) She is dying of an illness.
(b) She is going blind.
(c) She is living abroad in Asia.
(d) She is starting a knitting business.
14. What time of year is it when Elaine has her art retrospective?
15. How does Elaine feel when she leaves the retrospective for the studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Elaine give the woman money?
2. How does Elaine think Jon will react to her pregnancy?
3. What type of clothes does Elaine wear in college?
4. What does Elaine find, after Susie calls her urgently for help?
5. How does Elaine react to Cordelia's embarrassment during the play?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)