|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elaine look for in churches?
(a) Carved wooden doors.
(b) Tapestries on the altars.
(c) Stained glass windows.
(d) Statues of holy figures.
2. How does Mrs. Smeath characterize the children's mistreatment of Elaine?
(a) As a crime.
(b) As a sin against nature.
(c) As a sin against God.
(d) As God's punishment for Elaine.
3. How does Elaine try to kill herself?
(a) By locking herself in a running car.
(b) By shooting herself.
(c) By hanging herself.
(d) By slitting her wrists.
4. Why does Elaine think Carol is a sissy?
(a) Carol won't fight with Elaine.
(b) Carol won't stand up for herself with the other kids.
(c) Carol won't get her fancy dress dirty.
(d) Carol thinks Elaine's father's lab is gross.
5. How does Elaine believe Josef thought of women?
(a) As human beings.
(b) As not being real.
(c) As angels on a pedestal.
(d) As manipulative vampires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Elaine's mother?
2. What does Elaine tell the woman she thinks is Cordelia?
3. What job does Elaine's father get in Toronto?
4. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
5. Does Elaine like the gallery where her art is exhibited?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)