|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Grace Smeath's mother?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Kidney failure.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) A bad heart.
2. Where do the girls stare at Elaine from as she walks home from school?
(a) The gazebo.
(b) A horse pasture.
(c) The bridge.
(d) A car.
3. What makes boys feel uneasy with Cordelia?
(a) Her reputation.
(b) Her agressive sexuality.
(c) Her manner of speech.
(d) Her inability to laugh.
4. What job does Elaine's father get in Toronto?
(b) University professor.
(d) Political advisor.
5. Why is Cordelia in Elaine's class in high school?
(a) She ran away from home for a year.
(b) She had to leave school for a year because she was sick.
(c) She went to Europe for a year with her mother.
(d) She failed her first year and was expelled from her school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Elaine's friends say she's done wrong that makes them not speak to her at the Christmas parade?
2. What does Elaine notice about the boys and girls at Tortonto's shopping centers?
3. What grade is Cordelia in when Elaine is in sixth grade?
4. Does Elaine color differently with her friends than with her brother?
5. Who does Elaine pray to instead of God?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)