|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cordelia do after Elaine is sick from being in the cold water?
(a) She refuses to apologize, although she gets in trouble.
(b) She feels truly sorry and gives Elaine a gift.
(c) She makes an apology she doesn't mean.
(d) She sends Elaine a card to apologize, and Elaine can't tell if it's sincere.
2. What does Elaine's mother tell her to do?
(a) Pretend everything is okay.
(b) Ignore the other girls.
(c) Avoid the other girls.
(d) Stand up for herself.
3. Why does Elaine stop reciting the prayers at church?
(a) Because she can't remember the words to the prayers.
(b) Because she's in too much pain.
(c) Because she can't forgive Mrs. Smeath.
(d) Because she hates Cordelia's God.
4. Does Elaine have a boyfriend in sixth grade?
(a) Yes, she seems deeply in love.
(b) No, she dates a lot of boys.
(c) No, she begins to hate boys.
(d) Yes, she says it's the fashion.
5. What does Elaine's mother talk about?
(a) Stephen as a grown man.
(b) Stephen as a teenager.
(c) Stephen's death.
(d) Stephen as a young child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would the narrator and Cordelia analyze on the streetcars?
2. Does Elaine know the Santa Claus in the parade is not the real Santa?
3. How old is the narrator in the book's first flashback?
4. What are the girls playing when they put Elaine into the hole?
5. What old route does Elaine walk?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)