|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cordelia feel when Elaine insults her?
2. Why does Elaine stop reciting the prayers at church?
(a) Because she's in too much pain.
(b) Because she can't forgive Mrs. Smeath.
(c) Because she can't remember the words to the prayers.
(d) Because she hates Cordelia's God.
3. Does the narrator think she'd recognize Cordelia today?
(a) No, but she thinks Cordelia would recognize her right away.
(b) Yes, she thinks she would recognize Cordelia right away.
(c) Yes, but she thinks it would take a few moments.
(d) No, she doesn't think either would recognize the other.
4. What job does Elaine get after leaving Jon?
(a) Painting restorer.
(b) Mural painter.
(c) Interior designer.
(d) Furniture refinisher.
5. What does Jon accuse Elaine of, after she confronts him about a woman calling the house for him?
(a) Making things up to start a fight.
(b) Pretending she won't be jealous when she is.
(c) Having an affair with his best friends.
(d) Seeing Josef while they were dating.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cordelia was young, what did she drink to avoid school?
2. What part of the narrator's body is bloodied?
3. Who does Elaine see on the escalator after she has her drink?
4. How does Elaine feel about Grace Smeath's mother?
5. What is wrong with Grace Smeath's mother?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)