|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 76 is titled "Julian Castle Agrees with Newt that Everything is" what?
2. What is the title of Chapter 82?
(d) "Gone, but Not Forgotten."
3. How tall is the mosaic that is being created in the lobby of the hotel in Chapter 69?
(a) 20 feet tall.
(b) 10 feet tall.
(c) 30 feet tall.
(d) 50 feet tall.
4. Where did Newt Hoenikker create a "love nest" with his bride after they had wed?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) San Lorenzo.
(c) The Bahamas.
5. With whom does Frank Hoenikker describe having an affair as a teenager in Chapter 89?
(a) The wife of the owner of Jack's Hobby Shop.
(b) The wife of Dr. Breed.
(c) His second cousin.
(d) The wife of his mother's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 64?
2. What was the name of the midget dancer that Newt Hoenikker wed?
3. What is the one word from The Fourteenth Book of Bokonon, titled "What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the Experience of the Past Million Years"?
4. Who is the doctor that attends to Papa Monzano, according to Julian Castle in Chapter 83?
5. What is the title of Chapter 89?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank Hoenikker solicit John to take the role as President of San Lorenzo?
2. What irony and satire can be seen in the "calypsos" of The Books of Bokonon?
3. What is Philip Castle's implication when he asks John if he sells medicine in Chapter 70?
4. Why was Bokononism initially banned? What impact did the ban have on Bokonon?
5. How does the author characterize Papa Monzano when he is introduced?
6. What is ironic about Ambassador Minton's statement regarding the 100 martyrs?
7. What is signified by Angela's statements about her father's income in Chapter 80?
8. What does John spend his time doing in his last days after the destruction of Ice-nine?
9. How is Newt's painting described in Chapter 74? What does it signify?
10. How does the narrator describe the morality surrounding the Hoenikker children taking the Ice-nine in Chapter 113?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)