|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor that has been frozen along with Papa Monzano?
(a) Dr. Lyman Enders Knowles.
(b) Dr. Von Koenigswald.
(c) Dr. Julian Castle.
(d) Dr. Nestor Aamons.
2. What is the title of Chapter 100?
(a) "Down the Oubliette Goes Frank."
(c) "A White Bride for the Son of a Pullman Porter."
(d) "Secret Agent X-9."
3. Chapter 76 is titled "Julian Castle Agrees with Newt that Everything is" what?
4. What is the name of the mosaicist at the hotel in Chapter 70?
(a) Philip Castle.
(b) Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
(c) Sherman Krebbs.
(d) Julian Castle.
5. What causes the rockslide in Chapter 115?
(a) A plane crashes into the cliff.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A UFO crashes into the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What catalogue is found in Papa Monzano's bomb shelter in Chapter 117?
2. To what melody is the San Lorenzo National Anthem sung?
3. What is the name of the mountain range that rises abruptly to the north of the capital city of San Lorenzo?
4. What is the title of Chapter 78?
5. Who gave the family dog Ice-nine, according to Newt in Chapter 108?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the morality surrounding the Hoenikker children taking the Ice-nine in Chapter 113?
2. Why does Frank Hoenikker solicit John to take the role as President of San Lorenzo?
3. What does John spend his time doing in his last days after the destruction of Ice-nine?
4. Why was Bokononism initially banned? What impact did the ban have on Bokonon?
5. What is done with Dr. Von Koenigswald's body in Chapter 113? Why?
6. How does Mrs. Crosby feel about her circumstances after the destruction of Ice-nine?
7. What irony can be seen at the memorial celebration on San Lorenzo?
8. How is the Papa Monzano's bomb shelter described in Chapter 117?
9. What does the narrator comment regarding old men and wars in the novel?
10. How does Julian Castle describe Bokonon's relationship to the truth in Chapter 78?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)