|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is printed on the ribbon of the wreath in Chapter 114?
(a) "Erect a New Flag."
(b) "Semper Fidelis."
(c) "End of the World Delight."
(d) "Pro Patria."
2. What does John call the tornadoes he can see filling the sky in Chapter 116?
3. What is the name of the training camp for soldiers on San Lorenzo?
(a) Fort Jesus.
(b) Fort Rock.
(c) Fort Alabama.
(d) Fort Grayson.
4. To what melody is the San Lorenzo National Anthem sung?
(a) "O Christmas Tree."
(b) "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) "Silent Night."
(d) "Home on the Range."
5. What was the name of Felix Hoenikker's identical twin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank tell Angela she "bought" with her portion of Ice-nine in Chapter 109?
2. By what name does the narrator refer to the moon in Chapter 90?
3. How many rooms are in the hotel where John is staying in Chapter 72?
4. What is the title of Chapter 82?
5. When was the capital city of San Lorenzo given its current name, according to the narrator in Chapter 60?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done with Dr. Von Koenigswald's body in Chapter 113? Why?
2. What statement do you think that Kurt Vonnegut is making through the character of Mona in the novel?
3. What causes the contamination of Ice-nine during the celebration in Chapter 115? What happens when Ice-nine is released?
4. What does John spend his time doing in his last days after the destruction of Ice-nine?
5. How is the theme of inequality of wealth demonstrated in Chapter 62?
6. How is Franklin Hoenikker described by the narrator?
7. Why was Bokononism initially banned? What impact did the ban have on Bokonon?
8. How does Julian Castle describe Bokonon's relationship to the truth in Chapter 78?
9. What irony and satire can be seen in the "calypsos" of The Books of Bokonon?
10. How is Frank's house described by the narrator?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)