|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs "Cat House Piano" on the album that Newt plays in Chapter 81?
(a) Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
(b) Lionel Boyd Johnson.
(c) Sherman Krebbs.
(d) Meade Lux Lewis.
2. Where did Mr. Crosby attend college?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Cornell University.
(d) Brown University.
3. What is the name of the training camp for soldiers on San Lorenzo?
(a) Fort Rock.
(b) Fort Jesus.
(c) Fort Grayson.
(d) Fort Alabama.
4. How many people depart the plane in San Lorenzo, including the narrator, in Chapter 62?
5. What Bokononist word from the novel refers to a man who wants all of somebody's love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bokononist word means "lies"?
2. Chapter 101 is titled, "Like My Predecessors, I" do what?
3. What is the population density of San Lorenzo, according to the narrator in Chapter 60?
4. Chapter 96 is titled "Bell, Book, and Chicken in" what?
5. What is the capital of San Lorenzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator comment regarding old men and wars in the novel?
2. What is the impending celebration for in San Lorenzo when the narrator arrives?
3. What is signified by Angela's statements about her father's income in Chapter 80?
4. How is John's encounter with Mona described in Chapter 91?
5. What is done with Dr. Von Koenigswald's body in Chapter 113? Why?
6. How is Newt's painting described in Chapter 74? What does it signify?
7. How does Mrs. Crosby feel about her circumstances after the destruction of Ice-nine?
8. How did Dr. Felix Hoenikker die? What clues allude to how he died?
9. Why was Bokononism initially banned? What impact did the ban have on Bokonon?
10. What symbolism can be seen in the story of the shipwreck on San Lorenzo that is related by Philip Castle?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)