|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many airplanes comprise the San Lorenzan Air Force?
2. Through whom does John ascertain the Russians obtained Ice-nine?
3. What is the name of the servant who greets John at Frank Hoenikker's home in Chapter 74?
4. By what name does the narrator refer to the moon in Chapter 90?
5. How tall is the mosaic that is being created in the lobby of the hotel in Chapter 69?
(a) 30 feet tall.
(b) 50 feet tall.
(c) 10 feet tall.
(d) 20 feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does John invite specifically to the ceremonies in Chapter 101?
2. What does Frank say is the one thing that is sacred to Bokononists in Chapter 94?
3. What is the title of Chapter 78?
4. What is one phrase that "pool-pah" has been translated as in The Books of Bokonon?
5. What does Julian Castle claim to be the only aspect of progress that really excites the people of San Lorenzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the impending celebration for in San Lorenzo when the narrator arrives?
2. What does John spend his time doing in his last days after the destruction of Ice-nine?
3. How does the narrator describe the morality surrounding the Hoenikker children taking the Ice-nine in Chapter 113?
4. How is the Papa Monzano's bomb shelter described in Chapter 117?
5. How does the author characterize Papa Monzano when he is introduced?
6. How is Frank's house described by the narrator?
7. How does Julian Castle describe Bokonon's relationship to the truth in Chapter 78?
8. What irony and satire can be seen in the "calypsos" of The Books of Bokonon?
9. What is ironic about the cleaning process in Chapter 111?
10. Why does Frank Hoenikker solicit John to take the role as President of San Lorenzo?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)