|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Bokonon have?
2. How old was Frank Hoenikker when his father died?
3. What does Dr. Breed accuse John of being a member of in Chapter 21?
(a) The communist party.
(b) The yellow press.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
4. What is the elevation of Mount McCabe?
(a) 11,000 feet.
(b) 10,000 feet.
(c) 12,000 feet.
(d) 13,000 feet.
5. What does Dr. Breed say that "pure research men" work on in Chapter 21?
(a) "What fascinates them."
(b) "What they are paid to research."
(c) "Facts that will help humanity."
(d) "What they are told to research."
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Newt Hoenikker when his father died?
2. About how old is Miguel "Papa" Monzano described as being in Chapter 37?
3. For what kind of dog does the narrator describe building a dog house in Chapter 3?
4. John cites Bokonon in Chapter 31 as having said, "Peculiar travel suggestions are" what?
5. What does Dr. Breed's secretary say "God really is" in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the stone angel monument at the sales room in Ilium?
2. How is Miss Pefko characterized in the novel?
3. How does Newt Hoenikker describe his interaction with his father on the day the atomic bomb was dropped over Hiroshima?
4. What irony is revealed in Dr. Breed's assessments of Ilium's history in Chapter 13?
5. What irony can be found in Dr. Breed's discussions of superstition in Chapters 16-18?
6. What does John discover about San Lorenzo from the advertising supplement in the newspaper in Chapter 37?
7. What is significant about the metaphor of cannonballs in the narrative?
8. How is Dr. Felix Hoenikker's personality described in Cat's Cradle?
9. What information does Newt relate about his siblings in his letter in Chapter 5?
10. What symbolism can be seen in the graves of Emily and Felix Hoenikker?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)