|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is printed on the ribbon of the wreath in Chapter 114?
(a) "Erect a New Flag."
(b) "End of the World Delight."
(c) "Pro Patria."
(d) "Semper Fidelis."
2. In Chapter 120, the narrator recalls an advertisement for a set of children's books. What was the title of this set?
(a) The Scheherazade.
(b) The Book of Truth.
(c) The Book of the Dragon.
(d) The Book of Knowledge.
3. What beverages are offered at the ceremonies in Chapter 102?
(a) Tomato juice and rum.
(b) Champagne and Coke.
(c) Pepsi and native rum.
(d) Water and orange juice.
4. How is the dog described that Newt and Frank discuss in Chapter 111?
(a) A white Great Pyrenese.
(b) A black and tan German Shepherd.
(c) A golden retriever.
(d) A black Labrador retriever.
5. What Bokononist word from the novel refers to a man who wants all of somebody's love?
6. What is the title of Chapter 89?
(b) "A White Bride for the Son of a Pullman Porter."
(c) "A Tentative Tangling of Tendrils."
7. Whom does John invite specifically to the ceremonies in Chapter 101?
(a) Julian and Philip Castle.
(b) Andrew James Krementz.
(c) Nestor Aamons.
(d) Lyman Enders Knowles.
8. What is the name of the training camp for soldiers on San Lorenzo?
(a) Fort Alabama.
(b) Fort Grayson.
(c) Fort Rock.
(d) Fort Jesus.
9. How much money did Dr. Felix Hoenikker earn for each patent his work led to at General Forge and Foundry?
10. What is the one word from The Fourteenth Book of Bokonon, titled "What Can a Thoughtful Man Hope for Mankind on Earth, Given the Experience of the Past Million Years"?
11. What is the name of the U.S. Ambassador that attends John's swearing in ceremony?
(a) Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
(b) Lyman Enders Knowles.
(c) Lionel Boyd Johnson.
(d) Horlick Minton.
12. What Bokononist word refers to "a fogbound child"?
13. How many people depart the plane in San Lorenzo, including the narrator, in Chapter 62?
14. How is the fan driven in the ventilation shaft of the bomb shelter in Papa Manzano's castle?
(a) A hanging cord.
(b) By stationary bicycle.
(c) A see-saw.
(d) An ice-machine.
15. Julian Castle tells John in Chapter 78, "Truth was the enemy of the people, because the truth was" what?
(a) "So terrible."
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to acquiesce to the seeming demands of one's "vin-dit"?
2. Who is the doctor that attends to Papa Monzano, according to Julian Castle in Chapter 83?
3. When was the capital city of San Lorenzo given its current name, according to the narrator in Chapter 60?
4. How much was the most that Dr. Felix Hoenikker made as a yearly salary at General Forge and Foundry?
5. What does Julian Castle claim to be the only aspect of progress that really excites the people of San Lorenzo?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)