|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John cook for Mona and himself in the bomb shelter in Chapter 117?
(a) Campbell's tomato soup.
(b) Ramen noodles with broth.
(c) A steak and baked potato.
(d) Campbell's chicken gumbo soup.
2. What word means to acquiesce to the seeming demands of one's "vin-dit"?
3. What was the name of Felix Hoenikker's identical twin?
4. By what name does the narrator refer to the moon in Chapter 90?
5. Where did Mr. Crosby attend college?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Cornell University.
(d) Brown University.
6. Who wrote The Spoon River Anthology that the Ambassador quotes from at the celebration?
(a) Sherman Krebbs.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) Lyman Enders Knowles.
(d) Edgar Lee Masters.
7. How many airplanes comprise the San Lorenzan Air Force?
8. Julian Castle tells John in Chapter 78, "Truth was the enemy of the people, because the truth was" what?
(b) "So terrible."
9. What is the capital of San Lorenzo?
(b) Las Lagos.
10. What does Mr. Crosby manufacture?
11. When was the capital city of San Lorenzo given its current name, according to the narrator in Chapter 60?
12. What does the U.S. Ambassador cast into the sea during the celebration in Chapter 103?
(a) A banner.
(b) A wreath.
(c) A goblet.
(d) A tree branch.
13. At what hotel does John check in, along with the Crosbys, in Chapter 69?
(a) The Del Prado Hotel.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) The Casa Mona.
(d) The Casa Blanca.
14. What is the title of Chapter 73?
(a) "No More Mud."
(b) "Black Death."
(c) "Vice-president in Charge of Volcanoes."
(d) "Secret Agent X-9."
15. John claims in Chapter 91 that he is a "man of the world," having had more than how many women?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was the most that Dr. Felix Hoenikker made as a yearly salary at General Forge and Foundry?
2. What is the name of the training camp for soldiers on San Lorenzo?
3. Ice-nine is composed entirely of what two elements?
4. Where does Frank place the hot plate in Chapter 111?
5. What is the company that Angela's husband is President of, according to Newt in Chapter 80?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)