|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What catalogue is found in Papa Monzano's bomb shelter in Chapter 117?
(a) Ambrose Wilson.
(c) Sears and Roebuck.
2. What is the name of the U.S. Ambassador that attends John's swearing in ceremony?
(a) Lyman Enders Knowles.
(b) Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
(c) Horlick Minton.
(d) Lionel Boyd Johnson.
3. By what names does the narrator refer to the sun in Chapter 90?
4. What is the title of Chapter 114?
(a) "Just Like Saint Augustine."
(b) "When I Felt the Bullet Enter My Heart."
(c) "Gone, but Not Forgotten."
(d) "Feast Your Eyes!"
5. Where did Mr. Crosby attend college?
(a) Brown University.
(b) Cornell University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Princeton University.
6. Who is the doctor that attends to Papa Monzano, according to Julian Castle in Chapter 83?
(a) Dr. Lyman Enders Knowles.
(b) Dr. Schlichter von Koenigswald.
(c) Dr. Lionel Boyd Johnson.
(d) Dr. Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
7. Who wrote the San Lorenzo National Anthem?
(b) George Minor Moakely.
(d) Sherman Krebbs.
8. What does Julian Castle claim to be the only aspect of progress that really excites the people of San Lorenzo?
(a) The television.
(b) The telephone.
(c) The electric guitar.
(d) Indoor plumbing.
9. What is the title of Chapter 82?
(a) "Gone, but Not Forgotten."
10. What is the company that Angela's husband is President of, according to Newt in Chapter 80?
(c) The Del Prado Hotel.
11. What Bokononist word refers to "a fogbound child"?
12. How is the fan driven in the ventilation shaft of the bomb shelter in Papa Manzano's castle?
(a) A see-saw.
(b) By stationary bicycle.
(c) A hanging cord.
(d) An ice-machine.
13. What nickname does Frank Hoenikker descrbe being called as a youth in Chapter 89?
(a) "Secret Agent X-9."
(b) "Atomic Bomb Junior."
14. Ice-nine is composed entirely of what two elements?
(a) Hydrogen and oxygen.
(b) Helium and hydrogen.
(c) Holmium and iron.
(d) Indium and nitrogen.
15. What is the capital of San Lorenzo?
(c) Las Lagos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the midget dancer that Newt Hoenikker wed?
2. What does Mr. Crosby manufacture?
3. How is the dog described that Newt and Frank discuss in Chapter 111?
4. At what hotel does John check in, along with the Crosbys, in Chapter 69?
5. How many taxicabs are there on the island of San Lorenzo?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)