|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Spoon River Anthology that the Ambassador quotes from at the celebration?
(a) Sherman Krebbs.
(b) Lyman Enders Knowles.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Edgar Lee Masters.
2. Chapter 76 is titled "Julian Castle Agrees with Newt that Everything is" what?
3. Ice-nine is composed entirely of what two elements?
(a) Indium and nitrogen.
(b) Helium and hydrogen.
(c) Holmium and iron.
(d) Hydrogen and oxygen.
4. What is the second number that plays on the phonograph of "Cat House Piano" in Chapter 81?
(a) "Cat House Blues."
(b) "Lost Highway."
(c) "Jazz in the 5th."
(d) "Dragon Blues."
5. To whose honor does the Ambassador deliver his speech in Chapter 114?
(a) Lyman Enders Knowles.
(c) The Hundred Martyrs to Democracy.
(d) Papa Monzano.
6. What nickname does Frank Hoenikker descrbe being called as a youth in Chapter 89?
(a) "Secret Agent X-9."
(d) "Atomic Bomb Junior."
7. What does John call the tornadoes he can see filling the sky in Chapter 116?
8. What does Mr. Crosby manufacture?
9. Whom does John invite specifically to the ceremonies in Chapter 101?
(a) Lyman Enders Knowles.
(b) Julian and Philip Castle.
(c) Nestor Aamons.
(d) Andrew James Krementz.
10. What is the title of Chapter 58?
(a) "Tyranny with a Difference."
(b) "Just Like Saint Augustine."
(c) "The Marines March On."
(d) "A Tentative Tangling of Tendrils."
11. What is the title of Chapter 71?
(a) "Just Like Saint Augustine."
(b) "A Tentative Tangling of Tendrils."
(c) "The Happiness of Being an American."
(d) "Vice-president in Charge of Volcanoes."
12. How many people died at Julian Castle's hospital in ten days after the plague outbreak, according to his son in Chapter 73?
13. Who gave the family dog Ice-nine, according to Newt in Chapter 108?
14. What is the name of the mountain range that rises abruptly to the north of the capital city of San Lorenzo?
(a) The Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
(b) The Transatlantic Mountains.
(c) The Scott Mountains.
(d) The Sierra Nevada Mountains.
15. John claims in Chapter 91 that he is a "man of the world," having had more than how many women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 64?
2. What does the U.S. Ambassador cast into the sea during the celebration in Chapter 103?
3. How many airplanes comprise the San Lorenzan Air Force?
4. How much was the most that Dr. Felix Hoenikker made as a yearly salary at General Forge and Foundry?
5. What does Frank say is the one thing that is sacred to Bokononists in Chapter 94?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)