|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julian Castle claims in Chapter 104 that "The people of San Lorenzo are only interested in three things." What are these three things?
(a) "Reading, poetry, and love."
(b) "Writing, singing, and dancing."
(c) "Hunting, fishing, and hiking."
(d) "Fishing, fornication, and Boknonism."
2. How is the dog described that Newt and Frank discuss in Chapter 111?
(a) A white Great Pyrenese.
(b) A black Labrador retriever.
(c) A golden retriever.
(d) A black and tan German Shepherd.
3. How many taxicabs are there on the island of San Lorenzo?
4. At what time does Frank say the air show is to go off in Chapter 100?
5. How many rooms are in the hotel where John is staying in Chapter 72?
6. Who wrote the San Lorenzo National Anthem?
(b) Sherman Krebbs.
(c) George Minor Moakely.
7. What is the company that Angela's husband is President of, according to Newt in Chapter 80?
(b) The Del Prado Hotel.
8. What does the U.S. Ambassador cast into the sea during the celebration in Chapter 103?
(a) A banner.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A goblet.
(d) A wreath.
9. What is the title of Chapter 89?
(a) "A White Bride for the Son of a Pullman Porter."
(b) "A Tentative Tangling of Tendrils."
10. Who performs "Cat House Piano" on the album that Newt plays in Chapter 81?
(a) Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
(b) Lionel Boyd Johnson.
(c) Meade Lux Lewis.
(d) Sherman Krebbs.
11. Ice-nine is composed entirely of what two elements?
(a) Helium and hydrogen.
(b) Indium and nitrogen.
(c) Hydrogen and oxygen.
(d) Holmium and iron.
12. What Bokononist word from the novel refers to a man who wants all of somebody's love?
13. Where does Frank place the hot plate in Chapter 111?
(a) On the sewer drain.
(b) On the bookcase.
(c) On the xylophone.
(d) On the piano.
14. What is the Bokononist ritual that involves touching feet with a person to mingle awareness?
15. What is the second number that plays on the phonograph of "Cat House Piano" in Chapter 81?
(a) "Lost Highway."
(b) "Jazz in the 5th."
(c) "Cat House Blues."
(d) "Dragon Blues."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one phrase that "pool-pah" has been translated as in The Books of Bokonon?
2. At what hotel does John check in, along with the Crosbys, in Chapter 69?
3. What does Julian Castle say his playboy days had cost him in Chapter 80?
4. What is the name of the servant who greets John at Frank Hoenikker's home in Chapter 74?
5. Where did Newt Hoenikker create a "love nest" with his bride after they had wed?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)