|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sentence in The Books of Bokonon?
(a) "All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies."
(b) "Everything exists for the glory of God."
(c) "Do not dwell on the sins of yesterday, but walk into the light of tomorrow."
2. What does Dr. Breed's secretary say "God really is" in Chapter 26?
3. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) "Secret Agent X-9."
(b) "No More Mud."
(c) "Vice-president in Charge of Volcanoes."
(d) "End of the World Delight."
4. How is a "wampeter" defined in Chapter 24?
(a) "A wampeter is the truth of humanity."
(b) "A wampeter is the rim of a karass."
(c) "A wampeter is the pivot of a karass."
(d) "A wampeter is the onset of a kan-kan."
5. What is the name of the book that was given to Dr. Felix Hoenikker from a man in prison about the end of the world?
(a) The Day the World Ended.
(b) Moby Dick.
(c) A Glimmer of Ice-nine.
(d) 2000 A.D.
6. John cites Bokonon in Chapter 31 as having said, "Peculiar travel suggestions are" what?
(a) "The leanings of fate."
(b) "Kisses from the universe."
(c) "Warnings of a bleak future."
(d) "Dancing lessons from God."
7. What was the Cape Cod Room called at the time when the atomic bomb was dropped on HIroshima?
(a) The Casa Mona.
(b) The White Horse Lounge.
(c) The Navajo Tepee.
(d) The Red Room.
8. What does Dr. Breed accuse John of being a member of in Chapter 21?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The yellow press.
(d) The communist party.
9. How old was Newt Hoenikker when his father died?
10. How old was Frank Hoenikker when his father died?
11. Where was Dr. Felix Hoenikker when he died?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) Atlantic City.
(d) New York.
12. What does John say in Chapter 32 "is what we Bokononists whisper whenever we think of how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is"?
(a) "A mystery in the midst."
(b) "No more no more."
(c) "Busy, busy, busy."
(d) "Qualms are folly."
13. Where does John stay when in Ilium in Chapter 10?
(a) The Casa Mona hotel.
(b) The Del Prado Hotel.
(c) The Four Seasons hotel.
(d) The Ritz Carlton hotel.
14. What is the name of the woman on the cover of the San Lorenzo supplement in the newspaper whom John falls in love with at first sight?
(a) Julia Castle.
(b) Mona Aamons Monzano.
(c) Rachel Marie Monzano.
(d) Elizabeth McAnderson.
15. To whom is the poem attributed on the tombstone that says, "Mother, Mother, how I pray / For you to guard us every day"?
(a) Frank Hoenikker.
(b) Newt Hoenikker.
(c) Felix Hoenikker.
(d) Angela Hoenikker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 29?
2. In what fraternity was the narrator a member during his college years?
3. What is the title of Chapter 28?
4. What was the name of the man that Dr. Breed describes as having been executed for committing 26 murders in Chapter 13?
5. What is the name of the prostitute that John talks to at the Cape Cod Room in Chapter 10?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)