|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how old is Miguel "Papa" Monzano described as being in Chapter 37?
(a) In his early 60s.
(b) In his late 50s.
(c) In his early 40s.
(d) In his late 70s.
2. When was Bokonon born?
3. What was the name of Dr. Breed's wife?
4. What materials are required to play the "Cat's Cradle" game that is described in the narrative?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader to call him in Chapter 1?
6. What is the title of the book that the narrator describes writing in Chapter 1?
(a) Dreams of Tomorrow.
(b) The Ice-nine Cloud.
(c) The Day the World Ended.
(d) The Book of Bokonon.
7. What John describe as the Bokononist word meaning "a sudden, very personal shove in the direction of Bokononism, in the direction of believing that God Almighty knew all about me, after all, that God Almighty had some pretty elaborate plans for me"?
8. What is Mrs. Crosby's first name?
9. What Christmas carol do the "girls" of Dr. Breed's office sing in Chapter 20?
(a) "White Christmas."
(b) "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem."
(c) "Silent Night."
(d) "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."
10. How old was Newt Hoenikker when his father died?
11. What is Dr. Breed's position at the Research Laboratory of the General Forge and Foundry Company?
12. For what company did Dr. Felix Hoenikker work most of his life?
(a) The Dyno Nobel Company.
(b) Accurate Energetic Systems, LLC.
(c) The General Forge and Foundry Company.
(d) The Putter and Stratton Company.
13. What does Dr. Breed say that "pure research men" work on in Chapter 21?
(a) "What they are told to research."
(b) "Facts that will help humanity."
(c) "What they are paid to research."
(d) "What fascinates them."
14. Where was Bokonon born?
15. What is the title of Chapter 11?
(b) "Secret Agent X-9."
(c) "End of the World Delight."
(d) "Vice-president in Charge of Volcanoes."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman on the cover of the San Lorenzo supplement in the newspaper whom John falls in love with at first sight?
2. How old was Angela Hoenikker when her mother died?
3. What is defined by Bokonon as "a person who steers people away from a line of speculation by reducing that line . . . to an absurdity"?
4. What is the Bokononist term for a team that does "God's Will without ever discovering what they are doing" in Chapter 1?
5. What was the Cape Cod Room called at the time when the atomic bomb was dropped on HIroshima?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)