|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the eccentril elevator operator that John encounters in Chapter 28?
(a) Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
(b) Andrew James Krementz.
(c) Lyman Enders Knowles.
(d) George Minor Moakely.
2. What was the name of Dr. Breed's wife?
3. How old was Newt Hoenikker when his father died?
4. What was the name of the British destroyer that captured the German submarine that had taken Bokonon prisoner?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The White Lion.
(c) The Scheherazade.
(d) The Lady's Slipper.
5. How many children did Dr. Felix Hoenikker have?
6. What Christmas carol do the "girls" of Dr. Breed's office sing in Chapter 20?
(a) "Oh Little Town of Bethlehem."
(b) "Silent Night."
(c) "White Christmas."
(d) "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."
7. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) "Secret Agent X-9."
(b) "Vice-president in Charge of Volcanoes."
(c) "End of the World Delight."
(d) "No More Mud."
8. About how old is Miguel "Papa" Monzano described as being in Chapter 37?
(a) In his early 40s.
(b) In his late 50s.
(c) In his late 70s.
(d) In his early 60s.
9. What business did Emily Hoenikker's father own?
(a) A shoe store.
(b) A dress store.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A music store.
10. Who was the prisoner that wrote and sent his book to Dr. Felix Hoenikker?
(a) William H. Skawinski.
(b) Marvin Sharpe Holderness.
(c) Andrew James Krementz.
(d) Julian William Anderson.
11. How tall does Newt Hoenikker claim to be in his letter to John?
(a) 5' tall.
(b) 6' tall.
(c) 3'7" tall.
(d) 4' tall.
12. What is the title of Chapter 48?
(a) "Gone, but Not Forgotten."
(b) "No More Mud."
(c) "The Marines March On."
(d) "Just Like Saint Augustine."
13. What is the name of the prostitute that John talks to at the Cape Cod Room in Chapter 10?
14. What is Dr. Breed's position at the Research Laboratory of the General Forge and Foundry Company?
15. What is Dr. Breed's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Newt Hoenikker when the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
2. What college is Newt Hoenikker attending when the narrator writes to him in Chapter 4?
3. What was the name of the man that Dr. Breed describes as having been executed for committing 26 murders in Chapter 13?
4. For what company did Dr. Felix Hoenikker work most of his life?
5. How many siblings does Bokonon have?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)