|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the elevation of Mount McCabe?
(a) 11,000 feet.
(b) 10,000 feet.
(c) 13,000 feet.
(d) 12,000 feet.
2. For how long has John spent on his "expedition" in Ilium in Chapter 36?
(a) 9 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 months.
3. What is the name of the book that was given to Dr. Felix Hoenikker from a man in prison about the end of the world?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) The Day the World Ended.
(c) 2000 A.D.
(d) A Glimmer of Ice-nine.
4. What does John claim Alfred Nobel invented in Chapter 32?
(a) The submarine.
5. What is the first sentence in The Books of Bokonon?
(a) "Everything exists for the glory of God."
(b) "All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies."
(d) "Do not dwell on the sins of yesterday, but walk into the light of tomorrow."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say in Chapter 32 "is what we Bokononists whisper whenever we think of how complicated and unpredictable the machinery of life really is"?
2. For what company did Dr. Felix Hoenikker work most of his life?
3. Why does John go to the cemetery in Chapter 29?
4. What is the book about that the narrator describes writing in Chapter 1?
5. What is the title of Chapter 4?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)