|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Frank Hoenikker when his father died?
2. What is the name of Dr. Breed's secretary?
(a) Miss Ross.
(b) Miss Anderson.
(c) Miss Glynn.
(d) Miss Faust.
3. What is the book about that the narrator describes writing in Chapter 1?
(a) The final days of World War I.
(b) Hitler's rise to power and his eventual suicide.
(c) The advancements of technology in the twenty-first century.
(d) The day the atomic bomb was dropped over Hiroshima.
4. In what fraternity was the narrator a member during his college years?
(a) Kappa Sigma.
(b) Delta Upsilon.
(c) Beta Theta Pi.
(d) Theta Chi.
5. What is Chapter 12's title?
(a) "End of the World Delight."
(b) "A Tentative Tangling of Tendrils."
(c) "Vice-president in Charge of Volcanoes."
(d) "Secret Agent X-9."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the married name of Newt's sister, as revealed in his letter in Chapter 5?
2. What does the narrator tell the reader to call him in Chapter 1?
3. For what kind of dog does the narrator describe building a dog house in Chapter 3?
4. What does Dr. Breed say that "pure research men" work on in Chapter 21?
5. What was the name of the man that Dr. Breed describes as having been executed for committing 26 murders in Chapter 13?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)