|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Big Daddy's intentions regarding pleasure now?
2. Why is Big Daddy annoyed with Big Mama?
3. How many acres does the Pollitt plantation cover?
4. What does Big Daddy ask Brick?
5. Where are the other party guests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the family decides to not tell Big Daddy about the gravity of his illness. Are they really trying to spare him the pain of a terminal diagnosis? Or do they fear his response?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title and Maggie's character. What characteristics does she exhibit to earn the name and what are the circumstances that have created it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the circumstances of Maggie's encounter with Skipper. What is the truth? What were the devastating outcomes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)