|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Big Daddy say that Brick began to drink?
2. What does Brick say the world is full of?
3. Big Mama feels that Big Daddy is _____________?
4. In addition to all the Pollitts, who else is in attendance?
5. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title and Maggie's character. What characteristics does she exhibit to earn the name and what are the circumstances that have created it?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of fatal illnesses related to deception for both Big Daddy and Brick. How does deception serve as a tool for one and a destroyer for the other?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s, especially as it related to popular athletes like Brick and Skipper.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)