|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Daddy believe about Brick and Skipper's relationship?
2. What was Big Daddy's first job at the plantation?
3. What does Big Mama do after Big Daddy's comments?
4. What does Big Daddy ask Brick?
5. Who has made big donations to the church?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Big Daddy's personal history including his poverty as a child up to the point of owning his own plantation.
Essay Topic 2
Because Big Daddy is a self-made man, he finds the vulture-like characteristics of his family members to be particularly repugnant. Project how you think Big Daddy will write his final will now that he knows he is dying.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Williams use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)