|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Big Mama chastises Brick for _________________.
2. What does Big Daddy think about the state of his health?
3. According to Brick, the only other option for escape is ______________.
4. What did Brick do when a drunken Skipper had called him to confess his feelings?
5. When does Big Daddy think he will have to decide who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s, especially Maggie's frustration that Mae has five children and is pregnant again while Maggie remains childless.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title and Maggie's character. What characteristics does she exhibit to earn the name and what are the circumstances that have created it?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Big Daddy's feelings toward the specific people in his family: Big Mama, Brick, Maggie, Gooper and Mae, Gooper and Mae's five children.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)