|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the party guests doing?
2. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
3. What did Brick do when a drunken Skipper had called him to confess his feelings?
4. Big Mama feels that Big Daddy is _____________?
5. Why is Big Daddy annoyed with Big Mama?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s, especially Maggie's frustration that Mae has five children and is pregnant again while Maggie remains childless.
Essay Topic 2
Define mendacity. How does Brick define it in his life? How does Big Daddy define it in his?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s, especially as it related to popular athletes like Brick and Skipper.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)