|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Big Daddy buy the plantation?
2. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
3. What is Big Mama's demeanor?
4. What was Big Daddy's second job at the plantation?
5. What profession did Brick and Skipper have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s, especially as it related to popular athletes like Brick and Skipper.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Big Daddy's feelings toward the specific people in his family: Big Mama, Brick, Maggie, Gooper and Mae, Gooper and Mae's five children.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s, especially Maggie's frustration that Mae has five children and is pregnant again while Maggie remains childless.
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)