|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Big Daddy tell Brick he is familiar?
2. What role does Big Mama hold in the family?
3. When does Big Daddy think he will have to decide who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
4. Who has made big donations to the church?
5. What does Brick say the world is full of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s, especially Maggie's frustration that Mae has five children and is pregnant again while Maggie remains childless.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of Brick's crutch. Why does Williams give Brick a broken ankle? Does Brick's immobility force a climax in his relationships? Explain.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)