|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did Big Daddy buy the plantation?
2. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
3. What was Big Daddy's first job at the plantation?
4. When does Big Daddy say that Brick began to drink?
5. What are the party guests doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What self-destructive behavior does Brick exhibit? How do Gooper and Mae plan to use Brick's behavior to their own advantage?
Essay Topic 2
What revelation does Big Mama make that ultimately breaks the tension related to the Pollitt inheritance? How do Gooper and Mae react to it? How do Brick and Maggie react to it?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of fatal illnesses related to deception for both Big Daddy and Brick. How does deception serve as a tool for one and a destroyer for the other?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)