|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Big Daddy want to have a conversation with now?
2. Big Mama feels that Big Daddy is _____________?
3. Big Daddy tells Big Mama that she is no longer in charge of the plantation because ________________________.
4. What is Big Mama's demeanor?
5. What question has been puzzling Big Daddy lately?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What position does Maggie take with the news of Big Daddy's terminal illness? Explain how she is both sentimental and realistic.
Essay Topic 2
Define mendacity. How does Brick define it in his life? How does Big Daddy define it in his?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Brick exhibit such indifference toward Maggie? Why does he want to hurt her when he knows that withholding affection is as debilitating as a physical wound to someone like Maggie?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)