|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brick say the world is full of?
2. How many acres does the Pollitt plantation cover?
3. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
4. What is Big Mama's demeanor?
5. Big Daddy thinks he has escaped ______________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
Essay Topic 2
Because Big Daddy is a self-made man, he finds the vulture-like characteristics of his family members to be particularly repugnant. Project how you think Big Daddy will write his final will now that he knows he is dying.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of fatal illnesses related to deception for both Big Daddy and Brick. How does deception serve as a tool for one and a destroyer for the other?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)