Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Brick recently quit?
2. What topic does Big Daddy want to discuss with Brick?
3. How many acres does the Pollitt plantation cover?
4. Big Daddy thinks he has escaped ______________________.
5. Big Daddy says he is not about to release the plantation to whom?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Brick exhibit such indifference toward Maggie? Why does he want to hurt her when he knows that withholding affection is as debilitating as a physical wound to someone like Maggie?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Brick's crutch. Why does Williams give Brick a broken ankle? Does Brick's immobility force a climax in his relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Define mendacity. How does Brick define it in his life? How does Big Daddy define it in his?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)