|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brick decide to tell Big Daddy tonight?
2. What question has been puzzling Big Daddy lately?
3. What is Big Mama's demeanor?
4. What were the rumors about Brick and Skipper?
5. What does Big Daddy think about the state of his health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What position does Maggie take with the news of Big Daddy's terminal illness? Explain how she is both sentimental and realistic.
Essay Topic 2
What name does Maggie invent for Gooper and Mae's children? What does this name indicate about Maggie's feelings toward Gooper and Mae? Toward children in general? Toward her own childlessness?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Williams use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)