|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Brick recently quit?
2. What topic does Big Daddy want to discuss with Brick?
3. How many acres does the Pollitt plantation cover?
4. Big Daddy thinks he has escaped ______________________.
5. Big Daddy says he is not about to release the plantation to whom?
Essay Topic 1
What self-destructive behavior does Brick exhibit? How do Gooper and Mae plan to use Brick's behavior to their own advantage?
Essay Topic 2
What position does Maggie take with the news of Big Daddy's terminal illness? Explain how she is both sentimental and realistic.
Essay Topic 3
What name does Maggie invent for Gooper and Mae's children? What does this name indicate about Maggie's feelings toward Gooper and Mae? Toward children in general? Toward her own childlessness?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)