|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Daddy withhold from Brick?
2. What was Big Daddy's first job at the plantation?
3. What role does Big Mama hold in the family?
4. Big Mama feels that Big Daddy is _____________?
5. What was Big Daddy's second job at the plantation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What name does Maggie invent for Gooper and Mae's children? What does this name indicate about Maggie's feelings toward Gooper and Mae? Toward children in general? Toward her own childlessness?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of fatal illnesses related to deception for both Big Daddy and Brick. How does deception serve as a tool for one and a destroyer for the other?
Essay Topic 3
Why have Gooper and Mae foregone their normal hiatus to the Great Smoky Mountains this year? Why do they think it is a critical time for them to spend time at the Pollitt plantation?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)