|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has made big donations to the church?
2. Who does Big Daddy want to have a conversation with now?
3. What is Big Mama's physical appearance?
4. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
5. What story does Big Daddy tell at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What position does Maggie take with the news of Big Daddy's terminal illness? Explain how she is both sentimental and realistic.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the family decides to not tell Big Daddy about the gravity of his illness. Are they really trying to spare him the pain of a terminal diagnosis? Or do they fear his response?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s, especially Maggie's frustration that Mae has five children and is pregnant again while Maggie remains childless.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)