|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Brick recently quit?
2. What topic does Big Daddy want to discuss with Brick?
3. How many acres does the Pollitt plantation cover?
4. Big Daddy thinks he has escaped ______________________.
5. Big Daddy says he is not about to release the plantation to whom?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the circumstances of Maggie's encounter with Skipper. What is the truth? What were the devastating outcomes?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Brick's crutch. Why does Williams give Brick a broken ankle? Does Brick's immobility force a climax in his relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Why have Gooper and Mae foregone their normal hiatus to the Great Smoky Mountains this year? Why do they think it is a critical time for them to spend time at the Pollitt plantation?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)