|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the household staff members bring into the room?
2. From whom did Big Daddy buy the plantation?
3. Who are the usual occupants of the room?
4. What topic does Big Daddy want to discuss with Brick?
5. Big Daddy tells Big Mama that she is no longer in charge of the plantation because ________________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of fatal illnesses related to deception for both Big Daddy and Brick. How does deception serve as a tool for one and a destroyer for the other?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Big Daddy's personal history including his poverty as a child up to the point of owning his own plantation.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s, especially Maggie's frustration that Mae has five children and is pregnant again while Maggie remains childless.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)