|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
2. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
3. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
4. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
5. What is Mae's family background?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
2. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
3. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
4. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
5. Why does Brick try several times to leave the room and escape conversation with Big Daddy?
6. Explain why it is difficult for Maggie to have any privacy with Brick in their bedroom.
7. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
8. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
9. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
10. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Big Daddy's personal history including his poverty as a child up to the point of owning his own plantation.
Essay Topic 3
What self-destructive behavior does Brick exhibit? How do Gooper and Mae plan to use Brick's behavior to their own advantage?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)