|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
2. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
3. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
4. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
5. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
2. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
3. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
4. What is Big Daddy's experience with mendacity?
5. Describe Big Mama.
6. How do Gooper and Mae justify their suitability for the inheritance?
7. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
8. Explain why it is difficult for Maggie to have any privacy with Brick in their bedroom.
9. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
10. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s, especially as it related to popular athletes like Brick and Skipper.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Big Daddy's personal history including his poverty as a child up to the point of owning his own plantation.
Essay Topic 3
What name does Maggie invent for Gooper and Mae's children? What does this name indicate about Maggie's feelings toward Gooper and Mae? Toward children in general? Toward her own childlessness?
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)