|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
2. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
3. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
4. How many children does Mae have?
5. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real truth about Big Daddy's health?
2. What does Maggie say to Brick after everyone else has left their room?
3. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
4. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
5. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
6. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
7. What is the setting for the opening of the play?
8. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
9. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
10. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the family decides to not tell Big Daddy about the gravity of his illness. Are they really trying to spare him the pain of a terminal diagnosis? Or do they fear his response?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of fatal illnesses related to deception for both Big Daddy and Brick. How does deception serve as a tool for one and a destroyer for the other?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)