|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gooper?
2. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
3. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
4. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
5. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
2. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
3. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
4. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
5. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
6. Why is Big Daddy especially cruel in his comments toward Big Mama?
7. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
8. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
9. How does Brick explain his alcohol abuse to Big Daddy?
10. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title and Maggie's character. What characteristics does she exhibit to earn the name and what are the circumstances that have created it?
Essay Topic 2
Define mendacity. How does Brick define it in his life? How does Big Daddy define it in his?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the family decides to not tell Big Daddy about the gravity of his illness. Are they really trying to spare him the pain of a terminal diagnosis? Or do they fear his response?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)