|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
2. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
3. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
4. What is Mae's family background?
5. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
2. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
3. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
4. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
5. What do the others in the room do that irritates Big Mama?
6. Maggie must change her dress which has been soiled by one of Gooper and Mae's children. What does Maggie think of the children and what does she call them?
7. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
8. What is the setting for the opening of the play?
9. Why does Maggie think Gooper thinks he is more socially advanced than the others?
10. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Explain Big Daddy's personal history including his poverty as a child up to the point of owning his own plantation.
Essay Topic 2Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s, especially as it related to popular athletes like Brick and Skipper.
Essay Topic 3Describe the circumstances of Maggie's encounter with Skipper. What is the truth? What were the devastating outcomes?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)