|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
2. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
3. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
4. Who is Mae?
5. Who is the patriarch of the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
2. What is the setting for the opening of the play?
3. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
4. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
5. What are Maggie's thoughts about Big Daddy's birthday which will be his last?
6. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
7. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
8. Why has the subject of the inheritance risen in importance?
9. Who are Gooper and Mae?
10. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of fatal illnesses related to deception for both Big Daddy and Brick. How does deception serve as a tool for one and a destroyer for the other?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Big Daddy's feelings toward the specific people in his family: Big Mama, Brick, Maggie, Gooper and Mae, Gooper and Mae's five children.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)