|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Skipper?
2. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
3. Who is the other main character?
4. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
5. How many acts are in this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Gooper and Mae?
2. What is Big Daddy's experience with mendacity?
3. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
4. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
5. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
6. What are Maggie's thoughts about Big Daddy's birthday which will be his last?
7. How does Brick explain his alcohol abuse to Big Daddy?
8. Why does Maggie think Gooper thinks he is more socially advanced than the others?
9. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
10. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Brick exhibit such indifference toward Maggie? Why does he want to hurt her when he knows that withholding affection is as debilitating as a physical wound to someone like Maggie?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Maggie feel that Big Daddy's last birthday will be cause for a double celebration for Gooper and Mae? Explain.
This section contains 1,242 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)