|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
2. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
3. What does Maggie call herself?
4. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
5. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
2. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
3. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
4. Maggie must change her dress which has been soiled by one of Gooper and Mae's children. What does Maggie think of the children and what does she call them?
5. How does Big Mama react to Gooper and Mae's insensitivity?
6. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
7. What is the official start of Big Daddy's birthday party?
8. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
9. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
10. What does Maggie say to Brick after everyone else has left their room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Big Daddy's feelings toward the specific people in his family: Big Mama, Brick, Maggie, Gooper and Mae, Gooper and Mae's five children.
Essay Topic 2
Because Big Daddy is a self-made man, he finds the vulture-like characteristics of his family members to be particularly repugnant. Project how you think Big Daddy will write his final will now that he knows he is dying.
Essay Topic 3
What revelation does Big Mama make that ultimately breaks the tension related to the Pollitt inheritance? How do Gooper and Mae react to it? How do Brick and Maggie react to it?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)