|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the patriarch of the family?
2. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
3. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
4. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
5. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
2. What is the official start of Big Daddy's birthday party?
3. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
4. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
5. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
6. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
7. Who are Gooper and Mae?
8. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
9. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
10. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What name does Maggie invent for Gooper and Mae's children? What does this name indicate about Maggie's feelings toward Gooper and Mae? Toward children in general? Toward her own childlessness?
Essay Topic 2
Why have Gooper and Mae foregone their normal hiatus to the Great Smoky Mountains this year? Why do they think it is a critical time for them to spend time at the Pollitt plantation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the circumstances of Maggie's encounter with Skipper. What is the truth? What were the devastating outcomes?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)