|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
2. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
3. What does Maggie call herself?
4. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
5. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Gooper and Mae justify their suitability for the inheritance?
2. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
3. What is the official start of Big Daddy's birthday party?
4. What is Brick's explanation for his broken ankle?
5. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
6. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
7. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
8. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
9. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
10. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Brick's crutch. Why does Williams give Brick a broken ankle? Does Brick's immobility force a climax in his relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Big Daddy's feelings toward the specific people in his family: Big Mama, Brick, Maggie, Gooper and Mae, Gooper and Mae's five children.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Maggie feel that Big Daddy's last birthday will be cause for a double celebration for Gooper and Mae? Explain.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)