|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
2. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
3. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
4. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
5. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
2. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
3. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
4. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
5. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
6. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
7. What does Big Mama tell the family about Big Daddy and the inheritance after her emotions stabilize?
8. Why is Big Daddy especially cruel in his comments toward Big Mama?
9. Why does Maggie think Gooper thinks he is more socially advanced than the others?
10. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the family decides to not tell Big Daddy about the gravity of his illness. Are they really trying to spare him the pain of a terminal diagnosis? Or do they fear his response?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of homosexuality in the 1950s, especially as it related to popular athletes like Brick and Skipper.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the circumstances of Maggie's encounter with Skipper. What is the truth? What were the devastating outcomes?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)