|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
2. Who is Gooper?
3. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
4. What is the location for the setting?
5. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
2. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
3. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
4. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
5. Why has the subject of the inheritance risen in importance?
6. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
7. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
8. What is the irony of Brick's hatred of mendacity in others?
9. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
10. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What position does Maggie take with the news of Big Daddy's terminal illness? Explain how she is both sentimental and realistic.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title and Maggie's character. What characteristics does she exhibit to earn the name and what are the circumstances that have created it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the circumstances of Maggie's encounter with Skipper. What is the truth? What were the devastating outcomes?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)