|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the main characters?
2. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
3. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
4. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
5. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
2. Maggie must change her dress which has been soiled by one of Gooper and Mae's children. What does Maggie think of the children and what does she call them?
3. What is Brick's explanation for his broken ankle?
4. How do Gooper and Mae justify their suitability for the inheritance?
5. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
6. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
7. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
8. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
9. Who are the two main characters in the play?
10. Explain why it is difficult for Maggie to have any privacy with Brick in their bedroom.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title and Maggie's character. What characteristics does she exhibit to earn the name and what are the circumstances that have created it?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Brick exhibit such indifference toward Maggie? Why does he want to hurt her when he knows that withholding affection is as debilitating as a physical wound to someone like Maggie?
Essay Topic 3
What position does Maggie take with the news of Big Daddy's terminal illness? Explain how she is both sentimental and realistic.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)