|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
2. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
3. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
4. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
5. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
2. What are Maggie's plans for outwaiting Brick's current indifference toward her?
3. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
4. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
5. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
6. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
7. Explain why it is difficult for Maggie to have any privacy with Brick in their bedroom.
8. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
9. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
10. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Williams use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
What self-destructive behavior does Brick exhibit? How do Gooper and Mae plan to use Brick's behavior to their own advantage?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the family decides to not tell Big Daddy about the gravity of his illness. Are they really trying to spare him the pain of a terminal diagnosis? Or do they fear his response?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)