|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
2. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
5. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Big Mama tell the family about Big Daddy and the inheritance after her emotions stabilize?
2. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
3. What are Big Mama's observations of Big Daddy's evening?
4. Describe Big Mama.
5. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
6. How does Big Mama react to Gooper and Mae's insensitivity?
7. What does Maggie say to Brick after everyone else has left their room?
8. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
9. How does Big Daddy indicate that he is back in control of running the plantation?
10. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Maggie feel that Big Daddy's last birthday will be cause for a double celebration for Gooper and Mae? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title and Maggie's character. What characteristics does she exhibit to earn the name and what are the circumstances that have created it?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of Brick's crutch. Why does Williams give Brick a broken ankle? Does Brick's immobility force a climax in his relationships? Explain.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)