Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
2. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
3. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
4. How are the two main characters related?
5. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Maggie's plans for outwaiting Brick's current indifference toward her?
2. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
3. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
4. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
5. Why is Big Daddy especially cruel in his comments toward Big Mama?
6. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
7. What is Big Daddy's experience with mendacity?
8. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
9. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
10. What do the others in the room do that irritates Big Mama?
Essay Topic 1
Define mendacity. How does Brick define it in his life? How does Big Daddy define it in his?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of Brick's crutch. Why does Williams give Brick a broken ankle? Does Brick's immobility force a climax in his relationships? Explain.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)