|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie call herself?
2. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
3. In what state does the family live?
4. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
5. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
2. What are Maggie's thoughts about Big Daddy's birthday which will be his last?
3. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
4. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
5. Why does Brick suffer such guilt over Skipper's suicide?
6. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
7. What is the setting for the opening of the play?
8. Describe Big Mama.
9. Who are Gooper and Mae?
10. Why has the subject of the inheritance risen in importance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define mendacity. How does Brick define it in his life? How does Big Daddy define it in his?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of Brick's crutch. Why does Williams give Brick a broken ankle? Does Brick's immobility force a climax in his relationships? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Why have Gooper and Mae foregone their normal hiatus to the Great Smoky Mountains this year? Why do they think it is a critical time for them to spend time at the Pollitt plantation?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)