|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
2. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
3. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
4. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
5. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
2. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
3. Why does Brick suffer such guilt over Skipper's suicide?
4. Why does Brick try several times to leave the room and escape conversation with Big Daddy?
5. What is the official start of Big Daddy's birthday party?
6. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
7. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
8. Describe Big Mama.
9. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
10. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Because Big Daddy is a self-made man, he finds the vulture-like characteristics of his family members to be particularly repugnant. Project how you think Big Daddy will write his final will now that he knows he is dying.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Big Mama. How is she perceived by Big Daddy? How does the rest of the family feel about her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s, especially Maggie's frustration that Mae has five children and is pregnant again while Maggie remains childless.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)