|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
(a) A pianist will entertain during cocktails
(b) A caterer will serve hors d'ouevres
(c) A jazz band will be playing
(d) The children will entertain Big Daddy
2. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He is his favorite child
(b) He thinks he is just average
(c) He dotes on him
(d) He can barely tolerate him
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
(b) Acid reflux
(d) Spastic colon
5. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(c) In a huff
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
2. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
3. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
4. How are the two main characters related?
5. Where does the family live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
2. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
3. Why does Brick try several times to leave the room and escape conversation with Big Daddy?
4. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
5. What does Big Mama tell the family about Big Daddy and the inheritance after her emotions stabilize?
6. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
7. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
8. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
9. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
10. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)