|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She is going to stay until it is better again
(b) She is about at the end of her patience
(c) She wishes she never married
(d) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
2. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
(a) The children will entertain Big Daddy
(b) A caterer will serve hors d'ouevres
(c) A pianist will entertain during cocktails
(d) A jazz band will be playing
3. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
(a) Big Daddy's retirement party
(b) Big Daddy's bon voyage party
(c) Big Daddy's birthday party
(d) Big Daddy and Big Mama's anniversary party
4. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
5. In what state does the family live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
2. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
3. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
4. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
5. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
2. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
3. How does Big Mama react to Gooper and Mae's insensitivity?
4. What are Maggie's thoughts about Big Daddy's birthday which will be his last?
5. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
6. What does Big Mama tell the family about Big Daddy and the inheritance after her emotions stabilize?
7. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
8. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
9. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
10. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)