|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(c) Walks away from her
(d) Screams at her
2. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That he will get another job
(b) That his ankle will heal soon
(c) That he will get the inheritance
(d) That their sex life will return
3. Who is one of the main characters?
4. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
(a) Big Mama
(c) A no-necked monster
5. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) Jumpy nerves
(b) Feline movements
(c) Feline facial characteristics
(d) High spirits and perseverance
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other main character?
2. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
3. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
4. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
5. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
2. How do Gooper and Mae justify their suitability for the inheritance?
3. What are Big Mama's observations of Big Daddy's evening?
4. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
5. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
6. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
7. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
8. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
9. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
10. What is Big Daddy's experience with mendacity?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)