|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the other main character?
2. In what state does the family live?
3. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) Feline movements
(b) High spirits and perseverance
(c) Feline facial characteristics
(d) Jumpy nerves
4. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
(a) Big Mama's new furniture
(b) Admitting Brick to an alcoholic treatment center
(c) Big Daddy's new car
(d) Maggie's going to a fertility center
5. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(a) Doc Bough
(c) Gooper and Mae
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
2. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
3. Where does the family live?
4. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
5. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Big Mama tell the family about Big Daddy and the inheritance after her emotions stabilize?
2. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
3. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
4. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
5. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
6. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
7. What is Big Daddy's experience with mendacity?
8. Explain why it is difficult for Maggie to have any privacy with Brick in their bedroom.
9. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
10. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)