|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are married
(b) They work together
(c) Brother and sister
(d) They are best friends
2. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
(a) That Big Daddy needs a vacation
(b) That she has cancer
(c) Which medications Big Daddy needs
(d) The truth about Big Daddy's disease
3. For which character is the play named?
4. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Help with dinner
(b) Get him another drink
(c) Take a lover
(d) Take a cold shower
5. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That he will get another job
(b) That their sex life will return
(c) That he will get the inheritance
(d) That his ankle will heal soon
Short Answer Questions
1. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
2. Who is Mae?
3. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
4. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
5. How many children does Mae have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
2. What are Big Mama's observations of Big Daddy's evening?
3. Explain why it is difficult for Maggie to have any privacy with Brick in their bedroom.
4. Maggie must change her dress which has been soiled by one of Gooper and Mae's children. What does Maggie think of the children and what does she call them?
5. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
6. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
7. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
8. What does Big Mama tell the family about Big Daddy and the inheritance after her emotions stabilize?
9. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
10. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)