|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
(a) He thinks he is just average
(b) He can barely tolerate him
(c) He is his favorite child
(d) He dotes on him
2. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Big Mama had a stroke
(b) Brick needs the money
(c) The stock market is plunging
(d) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
3. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
(c) A no-necked monster
(d) Big Mama
4. How many acts are in this play?
5. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That their sex life will return
(b) That he will get the inheritance
(c) That he will get another job
(d) That his ankle will heal soon
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the family live?
2. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
3. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
4. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
5. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
2. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
3. What is the irony of Brick's hatred of mendacity in others?
4. Explain why it is difficult for Maggie to have any privacy with Brick in their bedroom.
5. What do the others in the room do that irritates Big Mama?
6. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
7. Give some examples of how the theme of truth is exhibited in this act?
8. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
9. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
10. What are Maggie's plans for outwaiting Brick's current indifference toward her?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)