|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) No-neck monsters
(b) Little darlings
(c) Balls of sugar
(d) Minor annoyances
2. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
(c) Spastic colon
(d) Acid reflux
3. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
(a) Big Daddy's bon voyage party
(b) Big Daddy's birthday party
(c) Big Daddy's retirement party
(d) Big Daddy and Big Mama's anniversary party
4. Who is Skipper?
(a) Maggie's former boyfriend
(b) Maggie's ex-husband
(c) Brick's former college football buddy
(d) The Pollitts' stable boy
5. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(b) Big Daddy
(d) Big Mama
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
2. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
3. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
4. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
5. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
2. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
3. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
4. What is the setting for the opening of the play?
5. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
6. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
7. How does Brick explain his alcohol abuse to Big Daddy?
8. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
9. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
10. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)