Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(b) Gooper and Mae
(d) Doc Bough
2. Where does the family live?
(a) Townhouse in the city
(b) A ranch
(c) Southern plantation
(d) Ranch house in the suburbs
3. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
(a) Mrs. Pollitt
(b) The church
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Brick and Maggie
4. How many children does Mae have?
(a) 4 with another on the way
(b) 6 with another on the way
(c) 2 with another on the way
(d) 5 with another on the way
5. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
(b) She wishes she never married
(c) She is going to stay until it is better again
(d) She is about at the end of her patience
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gooper?
2. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
3. Who is one of the main characters?
4. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
5. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Big Daddy especially cruel in his comments toward Big Mama?
2. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
3. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
4. How does Brick explain his alcohol abuse to Big Daddy?
5. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
6. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
7. What do the others in the room do that irritates Big Mama?
8. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
9. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
10. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)