|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patriarch of the family?
(a) Old Joe
(b) The Big Guy
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) Big Daddy
2. Who is the other main character?
3. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(a) Doc Bough
(c) Gooper and Mae
4. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She wishes she never married
(b) She is about at the end of her patience
(c) She is going to stay until it is better again
(d) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
5. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
(a) Broken leg
(b) Herniated disk
(c) Broken ankle
(d) Broken arm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
2. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
3. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
4. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
5. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
2. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
3. What are Maggie's plans for outwaiting Brick's current indifference toward her?
4. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
5. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
6. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
7. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
8. How does Big Mama react to Gooper and Mae's insensitivity?
9. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
10. Why does Brick suffer such guilt over Skipper's suicide?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)