|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the family live?
2. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Screams at her
(b) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(c) Walks away from her
(d) Slaps her
3. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
(a) The truth about Big Daddy's disease
(b) That she has cancer
(c) Which medications Big Daddy needs
(d) That Big Daddy needs a vacation
4. Who is Mae?
(a) Gooper's ex-wife
(b) Maggie's sister
(c) Brick's sister
(d) Gooper's wife
5. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A voting hall
(b) A town hall
(c) A fishing hole
(d) A sitting room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
2. What is the location for the setting?
3. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
4. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
5. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
2. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
3. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
4. Why has the subject of the inheritance risen in importance?
5. What is Big Daddy's experience with mendacity?
6. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
7. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
8. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
9. Explain how Maggie seizes the opportunity to take control of all the inheritance talk.
10. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)