|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Brick needs the money
(b) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(c) Big Mama had a stroke
(d) The stock market is plunging
2. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
(a) A jazz band will be playing
(b) The children will entertain Big Daddy
(c) A pianist will entertain during cocktails
(d) A caterer will serve hors d'ouevres
3. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(b) Slaps her
(c) Walks away from her
(d) Screams at her
4. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Make a phone call
(b) Change her dress
(c) Write in her diary
(d) Take a nap
5. What is the location for the setting?
(b) The countryside
(c) The Pollitt plantation
(d) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. For which character is the play named?
2. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
3. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
4. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
5. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brick's explanation for his broken ankle?
2. What does Maggie say to Brick after everyone else has left their room?
3. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
4. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
5. Who are the two main characters in the play?
6. What is the official start of Big Daddy's birthday party?
7. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
8. What do the others in the room do that irritates Big Mama?
9. Where does Big Mama think Big Daddy is?
10. What are Maggie's thoughts about Big Daddy's birthday which will be his last?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)