|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(b) Gooper and Mae
(c) Doc Bough
2. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) Jumpy nerves
(b) High spirits and perseverance
(c) Feline facial characteristics
(d) Feline movements
3. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(a) Big Mama
(b) Big Daddy
4. For which character is the play named?
5. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Brick needs the money
(b) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(c) Big Mama had a stroke
(d) The stock market is plunging
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
2. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
3. Where does the family live?
4. What function does the setting also serve?
5. What is Mae's family background?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
2. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
3. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
4. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
5. Who are Gooper and Mae?
6. How do Gooper and Mae justify their suitability for the inheritance?
7. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
8. What is the real truth about Big Daddy's health?
9. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
10. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)