|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brick do when Maggie makes suggestive advances?
(a) Slaps her
(b) Reminds her of the conditions of their marriage
(c) Walks away from her
(d) Screams at her
2. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(b) Miss Ellie
(c) Miss Sally
(d) Reverend Mitchell
3. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
4. Who is Skipper?
(a) Brick's former college football buddy
(b) Maggie's former boyfriend
(c) The Pollitts' stable boy
(d) Maggie's ex-husband
5. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Doc Bough
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the family live?
2. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
3. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
4. Who is one of the main characters?
5. What is Mae's family background?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give some examples of how the theme of truth is exhibited in this act?
2. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
3. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
4. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
5. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
6. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
7. Who are Gooper and Mae?
8. What is the irony of Brick's hatred of mendacity in others?
9. How does Brick explain his alcohol abuse to Big Daddy?
10. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)