|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
(a) Big Mama
(c) A no-necked monster
2. Who is Gooper?
(a) Maggie's brother
(b) Brick's friend
(c) Maggie's ex-husband
(d) Brick's brother
3. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(b) Reverend Mitchell
(c) Miss Ellie
(d) Miss Sally
4. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(b) In a huff
5. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
2. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
3. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
4. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
5. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
2. Why has the subject of the inheritance risen in importance?
3. How does Big Daddy indicate that he is back in control of running the plantation?
4. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
5. Why does Maggie think Gooper thinks he is more socially advanced than the others?
6. What are Big Mama's observations of Big Daddy's evening?
7. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
8. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
9. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
10. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)