|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many acts are in this play?
2. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
(a) Big Daddy and Big Mama's anniversary party
(b) Big Daddy's bon voyage party
(c) Big Daddy's birthday party
(d) Big Daddy's retirement party
3. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(c) Doc Bough
(d) Gooper and Mae
4. Who is the other main character?
5. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
2. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
3. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
4. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
5. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Maggie seizes the opportunity to take control of all the inheritance talk.
2. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
3. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
4. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
5. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
6. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
7. Give some examples of how the theme of truth is exhibited in this act?
8. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
9. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
10. Where does Big Mama think Big Daddy is?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)