|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(c) A sense of humor
2. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(a) Big Mama
(d) Big Daddy
3. How many acts are in this play?
4. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Make a phone call
(c) Change her dress
(d) Write in her diary
5. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
(a) Brick and Maggie
(b) Gooper and Mae
(c) Anyone invited
(d) Anyone in town
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does Maggie think that Gooper and Mae have in the inheritance?
2. What does the doctor intend to tell Big Mama tonight?
3. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
4. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
5. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Big Mama think Big Daddy is?
2. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
3. Describe Big Mama.
4. What is the setting for the opening of the play?
5. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
6. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
7. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
8. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
9. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
10. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)