|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
(a) Jeans and T shirt
(b) White silk pajamas
(c) Khakis and polo shirt
(d) An old robe
2. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(a) In a huff
3. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(b) Big Daddy
(c) Big Mama
4. What does Maggie call herself?
(a) The early bird
(b) The lead dog
(c) Cat on a hot tin roof
(d) A thoroughbred
5. Who is the patriarch of the family?
(a) Old Joe
(b) Big Daddy
(c) Mr. Hall
(d) The Big Guy
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acts are in this play?
2. In what state does the family live?
3. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
4. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
5. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Maggie seizes the opportunity to take control of all the inheritance talk.
2. Why does Maggie think Gooper thinks he is more socially advanced than the others?
3. What is Brick's explanation for his broken ankle?
4. In what ways does Big Daddy think Brick's drinking has negatively affected Brick's life?
5. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
6. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
7. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
8. Where does Big Mama think Big Daddy is?
9. What is the real truth about Big Daddy's health?
10. What are Big Mama's observations of Big Daddy's evening?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)