|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She is about at the end of her patience
(b) She wishes she never married
(c) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
(d) She is going to stay until it is better again
2. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(a) Miss Ellie
(b) Miss Sally
(c) Reverend Mitchell
3. Who is one of the main characters?
4. How are the two main characters related?
(a) Brother and sister
(b) They work together
(c) They are married
(d) They are best friends
5. What secret does the family intend to keep from Big Daddy?
(a) That he has terminal cancer
(b) That Maggie is infertile
(c) That Lacey is his child
(d) That Big Mama is sick
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
2. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
3. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
4. What is Mae's family background?
5. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
2. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
3. Where does Big Mama think Big Daddy is?
4. Describe Big Mama.
5. Why does Brick suffer such guilt over Skipper's suicide?
6. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
7. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
8. Why is Big Daddy especially cruel in his comments toward Big Mama?
9. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
10. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)