|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What function does the setting also serve?
(a) A sitting room
(b) A voting hall
(c) A fishing hole
(d) A town hall
2. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(c) In a huff
3. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
(a) Talking on the phone
(b) Reading the paper
(c) Trying to nap
(d) Taking a shower
4. What does Brick advise Maggie to do?
(a) Get him another drink
(b) Help with dinner
(c) Take a cold shower
(d) Take a lover
5. For which character is the play named?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mae?
2. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
3. What is Mae's family background?
4. Who does Maggie think will be named the primary beneficiaries in Big Daddy's will?
5. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Big Daddy react when Brick tells him of his medical prognosis?
2. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
3. What are Big Mama's observations of Big Daddy's evening?
4. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
5. How does Big Mama react to Gooper and Mae's insensitivity?
6. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
7. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
8. Describe Big Mama.
9. What is Brick's explanation for his broken ankle?
10. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)