|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gooper?
(a) Brick's brother
(b) Maggie's ex-husband
(c) Brick's friend
(d) Maggie's brother
2. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
(a) Change her dress
(b) Make a phone call
(c) Take a nap
(d) Write in her diary
3. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
4. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
(a) High spirits and perseverance
(b) Jumpy nerves
(c) Feline facial characteristics
(d) Feline movements
5. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(c) Gooper and Mae
(d) Doc Bough
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the two main characters related?
2. What function does the setting also serve?
3. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
4. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
5. What does Maggie offer Brick as some relief from the summer heat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Brick's hatred of mendacity in others?
2. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
3. What is the setting for the opening of the play?
4. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
5. Where does Big Mama think Big Daddy is?
6. How does Brick explain his alcohol abuse to Big Daddy?
7. What is Brick's explanation for his broken ankle?
8. Why does Maggie think Gooper thinks he is more socially advanced than the others?
9. What is the real truth about Big Daddy's health?
10. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)