Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The veranda
(b) The garage
(c) The den
(d) The bathroom
2. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
(c) Big Daddy
(d) Big Mama
3. How many children do Brick and Maggie have?
4. How are the two main characters related?
(a) They are married
(b) Brother and sister
(c) They work together
(d) They are best friends
5. Why is the inheritance such a critical factor now?
(a) Big Daddy is dying of cancer
(b) Brick needs the money
(c) Big Mama had a stroke
(d) The stock market is plunging
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the play's name attributed to that character?
2. How does Brick feel about the upcoming event?
3. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
4. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
5. Who is Mae?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Maggie's plans for outwaiting Brick's current indifference toward her?
2. What does Big Mama think is best for Big Daddy after this big day?
3. What medicinal precautions does Doctor Baugh take before leaving the Pollitt home?
4. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
5. Why is Big Daddy especially cruel in his comments toward Big Mama?
6. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
7. What is Big Daddy's experience with mendacity?
8. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
9. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
10. What do the others in the room do that irritates Big Mama?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)