|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brick refuse to do that frustrates Maggie?
(a) He will not go on a job interview
(b) He will not sign the card that goes with their gift
(c) He will not stop calling the maid insulting names
(d) He will not get dressed
2. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
(a) Reading the paper
(b) Trying to nap
(c) Talking on the phone
(d) Taking a shower
3. With whom had people thought Brick had an inappropriate relationship?
4. How did Brick sustain his recent injury?
(a) Wrecking a car
(b) Falling down steps
(c) Jumping hurdles
(d) Riding a horse
5. In what state does the family live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
2. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
3. What physical injury has Brick recently sustained?
4. Who is Gooper?
5. Who is one of the main characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
2. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
3. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
4. What does Maggie say to Brick after everyone else has left their room?
5. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
6. What is the real truth about Big Daddy's health?
7. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
8. How does Big Mama react to Gooper and Mae's insensitivity?
9. What is the theme in Act 2 of the play?
10. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)