|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
(a) She wants to buy some new clothes
(b) She wants to return to their home
(c) She wants to adopt a child
(d) She cannot bear his indifference any longer
2. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He thinks they are average
(b) He dotes on them
(c) He can barely tolerate them
(d) He can take them or leave them
3. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
(a) Trying to nap
(b) Talking on the phone
(c) Taking a shower
(d) Reading the paper
4. What does Maggie reassure Brick about?
(a) That he will get another job
(b) That he will get the inheritance
(c) That their sex life will return
(d) That his ankle will heal soon
5. With which one of Brick's friends did Maggie make love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
2. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
3. Who is one of the main characters?
4. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
5. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Maggie tell Brick everything that happened at the family's dinner that evening?
2. According to Maggie, what are Gooper and Mae's intentions regarding the family's inheritance?
3. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
4. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
5. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
6. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
7. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
8. Why is Big Daddy especially cruel in his comments toward Big Mama?
9. What are Maggie's thoughts about Big Daddy's birthday which will be his last?
10. What does Big Daddy believe about the relationship between Brick and Skipper?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)