|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Big Mama think Big Daddy's disease is?
(c) Spastic colon
(d) Acid reflux
2. Who is the other main character?
3. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(a) Miss Sally
(b) Miss Ellie
(d) Reverend Mitchell
4. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He can take them or leave them
(b) He can barely tolerate them
(c) He dotes on them
(d) He thinks they are average
5. Who is Gooper?
(a) Brick's friend
(b) Brick's brother
(c) Maggie's brother
(d) Maggie's ex-husband
Short Answer Questions
1. For which character is the play named?
2. Who is the patriarch of the family?
3. What function does the setting also serve?
4. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
5. Who is Mae?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Big Mama think Big Daddy is?
2. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
3. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
4. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
5. How does Gooper try to segue into discussing Big Daddy's health?
6. Give some examples of how the theme of truth is exhibited in this act?
7. What is one way that Maggie might be able to endure this period of sexual deprivation in her marriage?
8. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
9. What are Big Daddy's current thoughts about who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
10. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)