|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the location for the setting?
(b) The countryside
(c) New Orleans
(d) The Pollitt plantation
2. Which one of Mae's children interrupts Brick and Maggie during their argument?
3. Who does Big Mama talk to on the phone about Big Daddy's diagnosis?
(b) Miss Sally
(c) Reverend Mitchell
(d) Miss Ellie
4. What is Mae's family background?
(a) Poor white trash from Tupelo
(b) A snooty family from Boston
(c) Prominent family in Memphis
(d) Cultured family from New Orleans
5. What is the name of the family showcased in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
2. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
3. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
4. Who occupies the setting of the first act?
5. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Big Mama's reason for abruptly entering Brick and Maggie's bedroom?
2. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
3. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
4. What is the setting for Act 3 of the play?
5. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
6. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
7. How has Maggie fulfilled her role as a cat on a hot tin roof?
8. Explain the ways Brick and Maggie are positioned unfavorably as well as favorably for Big Daddy's inheritance.
9. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
10. Describe Big Mama.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)