|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie call Mae's children?
(a) Balls of sugar
(b) Minor annoyances
(c) Little darlings
(d) No-neck monsters
2. How many acts are in this play?
3. What other advantage do Brick and Maggie have in the inheritance issue?
(a) Big Daddy finds Maggie attractive
(b) Big Mama's respect for Brick
(c) Brick is very loyal to Big Daddy
(d) Maggie is pregnant
4. Where is Brick hiding while Big Mama chastises Maggie?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The den
(c) The veranda
(d) The garage
5. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie by pounding on the door?
(a) Big Mama
(b) A no-necked monster
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Brick and Maggie as they argue?
2. What does Brick choose to wear to the event?
3. Who is one of the main characters?
4. What would help Maggie endure her ongoing state of sexual deprivation?
5. What is Maggie's purpose for entering the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
2. How does Big Daddy indicate that he is back in control of running the plantation?
3. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
4. How do Gooper and Mae react upon hearing that Brick is Big Daddy's favorite child?
5. How do Gooper and Mae justify their suitability for the inheritance?
6. What does Maggie say that creates the play's title?
7. How does Brick explain what happened to Skipper?
8. Who is the person who tells Big Mama about the severity of Big Daddy's illness?
9. Who are Gooper and Mae?
10. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)