|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Mae have?
(a) 2 with another on the way
(b) 4 with another on the way
(c) 6 with another on the way
(d) 5 with another on the way
2. According to Maggie, you can be young without ______________ but you cannot be old without it.
(b) A sense of humor
3. How does Maggie enter the room in the first act?
(b) In a huff
4. According to Maggie, who sees Big Daddy's last birthday as a double cause for celebration?
(a) Gooper and Mae
(d) Doc Bough
5. Who is Skipper?
(a) Maggie's ex-husband
(b) Maggie's former boyfriend
(c) Brick's former college football buddy
(d) The Pollitts' stable boy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
2. Where does the family live?
3. What is the setting for the play's opening act?
4. What does Big Daddy think of Brick?
5. What did the family discuss at dinner which Brick missed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Big Mama reveal about who will inherit the Pollitt land?
2. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
3. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
4. How does Brick respond to Maggie's plan?
5. What are Big Mama's observations of Big Daddy's evening?
6. Explain the irony in Brick's relationship with Skipper.
7. Describe Big Mama.
8. Even though Maggie is slightly sentimental about Big Daddy she is also practical. What is the basis for Maggie's strong sense of reality?
9. Why does Brick try several times to leave the room and escape conversation with Big Daddy?
10. How does Williams use the literary technique of flashback in this act?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)