|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Big Daddy's perception of Gooper and Mae's brood?
(a) He thinks they are average
(b) He dotes on them
(c) He can take them or leave them
(d) He can barely tolerate them
2. What is Maggie's plan regarding her marriage?
(a) She wishes she never married
(b) She is going to stay until it is better again
(c) She is about at the end of her patience
(d) She is divorcing Brick as soon as possible
3. What does Maggie admit to Brick?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is leaving
(c) She is lonely
(d) She is ill
4. Who does Big Mama blame for the demise of Brick and Maggie's marriage?
5. What has Mae arranged for tonight's event?
(a) A pianist will entertain during cocktails
(b) A jazz band will be playing
(c) A caterer will serve hors d'ouevres
(d) The children will entertain Big Daddy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other main character?
2. What event is to occur at the Pollitt plantation that evening?
3. Why does Maggie plead with Brick?
4. What is Brick doing when Maggie is talking to him?
5. How are the two main characters related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2 of the play?
2. Explain how Maggie seizes the opportunity to take control of all the inheritance talk.
3. What is Maggie's plan to make her lie become a truth?
4. What are the details of Maggie's encounter with Brick's close friend, Skipper?
5. What is Big Mama's reaction after learning of Bid Daddy's terminal cancer diagnosis?
6. What are Maggie's plans for outwaiting Brick's current indifference toward her?
7. What is the premise and the setting for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?
8. What does Maggie say to Brick after everyone else has left their room?
9. How does Brick respond to Maggie's claims of loneliness?
10. How does Brick make Big Daddy face the truth about his own life?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)