|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
(d) Big Mama
2. What job did Brick recently quit?
(b) Sports Announcer
(c) Football coach
3. What profession did Brick and Skipper have?
(b) Pro football players
(d) Sports announcers
4. Where are the other party guests?
(a) The den
(b) The back patio
(c) The veranda
(d) The gallery
5. Who does Big Daddy accuse of being mendacious?
(a) Brick and Maggie
(c) Brick and Skipper
(d) Big Mama, Gooper and Mae
6. What role does Big Mama hold in the family?
(a) Religious conscience
(c) Business person
7. When does Big Daddy think he will have to decide who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
(a) 1-5 years
(b) 5-10 years
(d) 15-20 years
8. What do many of the Pollitt family members consider Big Mama to be?
(a) Salt of the earth
(b) Glue that keeps them together
(c) A saint
(d) An embarrassment
9. What were the rumors about Brick and Skipper?
(a) That they filed bankruptcy
(b) That they were lovers
(c) That they had affairs with each other's wives
(d) That they were ruthless business partners
10. What does Brick decide to tell Big Daddy tonight?
(a) The truth about Skipper
(b) The truth about his drinking
(c) The truth about his marriage
(d) The truth about his finances
11. What do the household staff members bring into the room?
(a) More chairs
(b) Party guests
(c) Hors d'ouevres
(d) Birthday cake and champagne
12. What are the party guests doing?
(a) Eating dinner
(c) Watching fireworks
(d) Playing games
13. Who has made big donations to the church?
(a) Mae's father
(b) Big Daddy's brother
(c) A recently-deceased wealthy patron
(d) Big Mama's brother
14. What was Big Daddy's first job at the plantation?
(a) Sweeping the house
(b) Feeding the chickens
(c) Brushing the horses
(d) Working in the fields
15. Brick tells Big Daddy that he drinks ______________________.
(a) To pass out
(b) To get high
(c) To dull his senses
(d) To forget
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the no-neck monsters do?
2. What is Big Daddy interested in now?
3. With what does Big Daddy tell Brick he is familiar?
4. What does Big Daddy think about the state of his health?
5. How old was Big Daddy when he started to work on the plantation?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)