|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Big Daddy tell at the party?
(a) About his illness and recovery
(b) About Brick's days as a football star
(c) How he met Big Mama
(d) How he came to own the plantation
2. What are the allegations about Brick's early morning escapade?
(a) He crashed his car
(b) He was with another woman
(c) He was looking for drugs
(d) He was stoned
3. Big Daddy thinks he has escaped ______________________.
(a) A stock market crash
(b) Divorce from Big Mama
(c) A malaria epidemic
(d) A diagnosis of cancer
4. How did Brick injure himself?
(a) In a car accident
(b) Kicking the wall
(c) Falling down stairs
(d) Trying to jump the high hurdles
5. What does Big Daddy think about the state of his health?
(a) He needs more tests
(b) He does have cancer
(c) He has only a few weeks to live
(d) He does not have cancer
6. What job did Brick recently quit?
(a) Sports Announcer
(c) Football coach
7. What are Big Daddy's intentions regarding pleasure now?
(a) He wants to make up for lost time
(b) He wants to find his old girlfriends
(c) He wants to shower Big Mama with gifts
(d) He wants to take a second honeymoon with Big Mama
8. Who does Big Daddy want to have a conversation with now?
(b) Big Mama
9. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
(b) Big Mama
10. Where are the other party guests?
(a) The den
(b) The gallery
(c) The veranda
(d) The back patio
11. What does Big Daddy withhold from Brick?
(a) A check
(c) A drink
(d) His crutch
12. Why does Brick repeatedly try to leave the room?
(a) He wants to go to bed
(b) He wants to get something to eat
(c) He knows Big Daddy has cancer
(d) He needs another drink
13. When does Big Daddy think he will have to decide who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
(a) 5-10 years
(b) 15-20 years
(d) 1-5 years
14. Who does Big Daddy accuse of being mendacious?
(a) Big Mama, Gooper and Mae
(c) Brick and Maggie
(d) Brick and Skipper
15. According to Brick, the only other option for escape is ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reverend Tooker's topic of conversation?
2. From whom did Big Daddy buy the plantation?
3. Why is Big Daddy annoyed with Big Mama?
4. What other truth does Brick reveal to Big Daddy?
5. Who has made big donations to the church?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)