|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Big Mama feels that Big Daddy is _____________?
2. What does Big Daddy ask Brick?
(a) Why he quit his job
(b) When he and Maggie will have a child
(c) How he broke his ankle at three o'clock in the morning
(d) What he brought for his birthday
3. With what does Big Daddy tell Brick he is familiar?
(a) Living with mendacity
(b) Having affairs
(c) Drinking too much
(d) Hating his life
4. What are the party guests doing?
(b) Eating dinner
(c) Watching fireworks
(d) Playing games
5. What profession did Brick and Skipper have?
(c) Pro football players
(d) Sports announcers
6. What do the household staff members bring into the room?
(a) More chairs
(b) Party guests
(c) Birthday cake and champagne
(d) Hors d'ouevres
7. What are Big Daddy's intentions regarding pleasure now?
(a) He wants to make up for lost time
(b) He wants to shower Big Mama with gifts
(c) He wants to find his old girlfriends
(d) He wants to take a second honeymoon with Big Mama
8. What do many of the Pollitt family members consider Big Mama to be?
(a) Salt of the earth
(b) An embarrassment
(c) A saint
(d) Glue that keeps them together
9. Big Mama chastises Brick for _________________.
(a) Buying expensive clothes
(b) Ignoring Maggie
(c) Crashing his car
(d) Drinking too much
10. What does Big Daddy think about the state of his health?
(a) He has only a few weeks to live
(b) He needs more tests
(c) He does not have cancer
(d) He does have cancer
11. From whom did Big Daddy buy the plantation?
(a) The Belvedere brothers
(b) Mr. Johnson Hall
(c) Mae's family
(d) Mr. Straw and Mr. Ochello
12. What topic does Big Daddy want to discuss with Brick?
(a) Brick's inheritance
(c) Brick's job
(d) Brick's alcoholism
13. What does Big Daddy believe about Brick and Skipper's relationship?
(a) It was platonic
(b) It was non existent
(c) It was business only
(d) It was sexual
14. What question has been puzzling Big Daddy lately?
(a) To whom to leave the plantation
(b) What to plant next spring
(c) Who should oversee the plantation
(d) Whether to build a swimming pool
15. Who lured Skipper into bed one night to disprove his homosexuality?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the allegations about Brick's early morning escapade?
2. Where are the other party guests?
3. According to Brick, the only other option for escape is ______________.
4. When does Big Daddy say that Brick began to drink?
5. What were the rumors about Brick and Skipper?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)