|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brick tells Big Daddy that he drinks ______________________.
(a) To dull his senses
(b) To get high
(c) To pass out
(d) To forget
2. Big Daddy tells Big Mama that she is no longer in charge of the plantation because ________________________.
(a) He has left it to Gooper
(b) He has left it to Brick
(c) He has sold it
(d) He is healthy now
3. What story does Big Daddy tell at the party?
(a) How he came to own the plantation
(b) About his illness and recovery
(c) How he met Big Mama
(d) About Brick's days as a football star
4. When does Big Daddy think he will have to decide who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
(b) 1-5 years
(c) 15-20 years
(d) 5-10 years
5. What does Big Daddy believe about Brick and Skipper's relationship?
(a) It was platonic
(b) It was business only
(c) It was sexual
(d) It was non existent
6. What was Big Daddy's first job at the plantation?
(a) Feeding the chickens
(b) Sweeping the house
(c) Working in the fields
(d) Brushing the horses
7. What do the household staff members bring into the room?
(a) Birthday cake and champagne
(b) More chairs
(c) Hors d'ouevres
(d) Party guests
8. Who has made big donations to the church?
(a) Mae's father
(b) Big Mama's brother
(c) Big Daddy's brother
(d) A recently-deceased wealthy patron
9. From whom did Big Daddy buy the plantation?
(a) The Belvedere brothers
(b) Mr. Straw and Mr. Ochello
(c) Mr. Johnson Hall
(d) Mae's family
10. According to Brick, the only other option for escape is ______________.
11. Who are the usual occupants of the room?
(a) Brick and Maggie
(b) Big Daddy and Big Mama
(c) The no-necked monsters
(d) Gooper and Mae
12. What did Brick do when a drunken Skipper had called him to confess his feelings?
(a) Slept with his wife
(b) Quit his job
(c) Hung up on him
(d) Ended his marriage
13. Big Mama chastises Brick for _________________.
(a) Drinking too much
(b) Ignoring Maggie
(c) Buying expensive clothes
(d) Crashing his car
14. What other truth does Brick reveal to Big Daddy?
(a) Maggie is divorcing Brick
(b) Big Daddy is dying
(c) Maggie cannot get pregnant
(d) Maggie had a miscarriage
15. What job did Brick recently quit?
(a) Sports Announcer
(c) Football coach
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the no-neck monsters do?
2. What was Big Daddy's second job at the plantation?
3. What profession did Brick and Skipper have?
4. What does Big Daddy ask Brick?
5. What topic does Big Daddy want to discuss with Brick?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)