|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Big Daddy think he will have to decide who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
(a) 1-5 years
(b) 5-10 years
(d) 15-20 years
2. Brick tells Big Daddy that he drinks ______________________.
(a) To dull his senses
(b) To forget
(c) To pass out
(d) To get high
3. What is Reverend Tooker's topic of conversation?
(a) The work of the missions
(b) The sin of abortion
(c) Recent donations to the church
(d) His sermon for next Sunday
4. For what is one of the things Big Daddy has respect?
(a) Big Mama
5. What other truth does Brick reveal to Big Daddy?
(a) Maggie is divorcing Brick
(b) Big Daddy is dying
(c) Maggie cannot get pregnant
(d) Maggie had a miscarriage
6. Who does Big Daddy want to have a conversation with now?
(a) Big Mama
7. What did Brick do when a drunken Skipper had called him to confess his feelings?
(a) Slept with his wife
(b) Ended his marriage
(c) Hung up on him
(d) Quit his job
8. Who does Big Daddy accuse of being mendacious?
(a) Big Mama, Gooper and Mae
(b) Brick and Skipper
(c) Brick and Maggie
9. What role does Big Mama hold in the family?
(a) Religious conscience
(b) Business person
10. When does Big Daddy say that Brick began to drink?
(a) When Skipper died
(b) When he lost his job
(c) When Big Daddy got sick
(d) When Maggie had a miscarriage
11. What does Big Daddy believe about Brick and Skipper's relationship?
(a) It was sexual
(b) It was business only
(c) It was non existent
(d) It was platonic
12. What story does Big Daddy tell at the party?
(a) About his illness and recovery
(b) How he came to own the plantation
(c) How he met Big Mama
(d) About Brick's days as a football star
13. What question has been puzzling Big Daddy lately?
(a) What to plant next spring
(b) To whom to leave the plantation
(c) Who should oversee the plantation
(d) Whether to build a swimming pool
14. Why is Big Daddy annoyed with Big Mama?
(a) She fusses with his shirt collar
(b) She drinks too much champagne
(c) She continually interrupts him
(d) She kisses all over his face
15. Big Daddy thinks he has escaped ______________________.
(a) Divorce from Big Mama
(b) A diagnosis of cancer
(c) A stock market crash
(d) A malaria epidemic
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Big Daddy interested in now?
2. How many acres does the Pollitt plantation cover?
3. With what does Big Daddy tell Brick he is familiar?
4. Where are the other party guests?
5. What does Big Daddy ask Brick?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)