|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did Big Daddy buy the plantation?
(a) Mr. Straw and Mr. Ochello
(b) The Belvedere brothers
(c) Mr. Johnson Hall
(d) Mae's family
2. What other truth does Brick reveal to Big Daddy?
(a) Maggie had a miscarriage
(b) Maggie is divorcing Brick
(c) Big Daddy is dying
(d) Maggie cannot get pregnant
3. What does Big Daddy ask Brick?
(a) What he brought for his birthday
(b) How he broke his ankle at three o'clock in the morning
(c) Why he quit his job
(d) When he and Maggie will have a child
4. Big Daddy thinks he has escaped ______________________.
(a) A stock market crash
(b) Divorce from Big Mama
(c) A malaria epidemic
(d) A diagnosis of cancer
5. What is the setting of Act 2?
(a) The kitchen
(b) A den
(c) A bedroom
(d) The veranda
6. What does Big Mama do after Big Daddy's comments?
(a) Kisses him
(c) Leaves the room crying
(d) Hugs him
7. What do the household staff members bring into the room?
(a) Party guests
(b) Hors d'ouevres
(c) Birthday cake and champagne
(d) More chairs
8. What does Brick say the world is full of?
9. What profession did Brick and Skipper have?
(a) Pro football players
(c) Sports announcers
10. What changes Big Daddy's view on the question now?
(a) His hatred of Big Mama
(b) His disgust of Gooper and Mae
(c) Maggie's pregnancy
(d) His clean bill of health
11. What is Reverend Tooker's topic of conversation?
(a) Recent donations to the church
(b) The sin of abortion
(c) His sermon for next Sunday
(d) The work of the missions
12. When does Big Daddy think he will have to decide who to leave the plantation to when he dies?
(a) 1-5 years
(b) 15-20 years
(d) 5-10 years
13. Who are the usual occupants of the room?
(a) The no-necked monsters
(b) Gooper and Mae
(c) Brick and Maggie
(d) Big Daddy and Big Mama
14. Why is Big Daddy annoyed with Big Mama?
(a) She fusses with his shirt collar
(b) She continually interrupts him
(c) She kisses all over his face
(d) She drinks too much champagne
15. Big Daddy says he is not about to release the plantation to whom?
(a) Ol' Joe
(d) Big Mama
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to all the Pollitts, who else is in attendance?
2. What does Big Daddy call Big Mama?
3. Why have all the people gathered at the Pollitt home?
4. What does Brick decide to tell Big Daddy tonight?
5. What does Big Daddy believe about Brick and Skipper's relationship?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)