|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders the no-neck monsters out of the room?
(b) Big Daddy
2. What is Big Daddy interested in now?
(a) Going fly fishing
(b) Traveling to Europe
(c) Pleasure in the company of women
(d) Building on to the house
3. Why have all the people gathered at the Pollitt home?
(a) Big Daddy's retirement party
(b) Big Daddy's Bon Voyage party
(c) Big Daddy's birthday celebration
(d) Big Daddy and Big Mama's anniversary party
4. Where are the other party guests?
(a) The gallery
(b) The den
(c) The veranda
(d) The back patio
5. What question has been puzzling Big Daddy lately?
(a) What to plant next spring
(b) Whether to build a swimming pool
(c) Who should oversee the plantation
(d) To whom to leave the plantation
6. How did Brick injure himself?
(a) In a car accident
(b) Falling down stairs
(c) Trying to jump the high hurdles
(d) Kicking the wall
7. Big Mama chastises Brick for _________________.
(a) Buying expensive clothes
(b) Ignoring Maggie
(c) Drinking too much
(d) Crashing his car
8. With what does Big Daddy tell Brick he is familiar?
(a) Drinking too much
(b) Having affairs
(c) Hating his life
(d) Living with mendacity
9. What are the allegations about Brick's early morning escapade?
(a) He was looking for drugs
(b) He was with another woman
(c) He was stoned
(d) He crashed his car
10. Big Daddy admits that making love to Big Mama always ______________ him.
11. What changes Big Daddy's view on the question now?
(a) His hatred of Big Mama
(b) His disgust of Gooper and Mae
(c) Maggie's pregnancy
(d) His clean bill of health
12. What does Big Daddy think about the state of his health?
(a) He does not have cancer
(b) He needs more tests
(c) He has only a few weeks to live
(d) He does have cancer
13. What story does Big Daddy tell at the party?
(a) About Brick's days as a football star
(b) How he came to own the plantation
(c) About his illness and recovery
(d) How he met Big Mama
14. When does Big Daddy say that Brick began to drink?
(a) When Maggie had a miscarriage
(b) When Skipper died
(c) When he lost his job
(d) When Big Daddy got sick
15. What did Brick do when a drunken Skipper had called him to confess his feelings?
(a) Ended his marriage
(b) Hung up on him
(c) Slept with his wife
(d) Quit his job
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 2?
2. What topic does Big Daddy want to discuss with Brick?
3. In addition to all the Pollitts, who else is in attendance?
4. What do many of the Pollitt family members consider Big Mama to be?
5. Who lured Skipper into bed one night to disprove his homosexuality?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)